Norwegian metallers Satyricon will release their new album, entitled "The Age Of Nero", on November 3rd via Roadrunner Records.

The album was recorded in part at Sound City studios in Van Nuys, California, where Metallica recently recorded their forthcoming album.

"The Age Of Nero" [cover] tracklisting:

01. Commando
02. The Wolfpack
03. Black Crow On A Tombstone
04. Die By My Hand
05. My Skin Is Cold [album version]
06. The Sign Of The Trident
07. Last Man Standing
08. Den Siste

Source: satyricon.no
Band profile: Satyricon

Posted: 30.08.2008 by Marilin

Comments

Marcel Hubregtse - 30.08.2008 at 00:22
I like the artwork and the new logo, no more iron cross in the O
LeChron James - 30.08.2008 at 00:26
i like it too, thank god it wasnt something cheesy or CGI. PLEASE be good.
worm_is_gloaming - 30.08.2008 at 01:34
Looks very Satyricon-like... in the style of their recent musical direction. Introverted sound of clinical precision, pressing onward with the brute might of a slumbering titan.

@ Marcel H:

Before it was an iron cross, it was a symbol of pagan origin found on many excavated artifacts, ranging from Etruscan to Greek to Nordic. Seems to fit well with Satyricon's classical paganism referred to in their band name. And what's wrong with the iron cross itself, anyway?
Pétur - 30.08.2008 at 01:36
I have little hope for it, probally going to suck just as much as Now, Diabolical or maybe even worse.
Marcel Hubregtse - 30.08.2008 at 01:44
Written by Pétur on 30.08.2008 at 01:36

You don't like that one, well I LOVED it great black 'n' roll. Works extremely well live too.
kayla - 30.08.2008 at 01:56
I don't see this album being any better than the last few ones, satyricon hasn't released a good album since nemesis divina in my opinion.
Pétur - 30.08.2008 at 01:56
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 30.08.2008 at 01:44

Written by Pétur on 30.08.2008 at 01:36

Well I liked every Satyricon(except for the pointless leftover album The Shadowthrone) release up until Now, Diabolical.
It gets old way to quickly in it's repetition and it's catchy songs. Still I can imagine them being great live songs, since it is not so bad as tr00 blackies make it out to be. For me the album is just bad,
Monkey666 - 30.08.2008 at 02:02
It will kill
SoulScarred - 30.08.2008 at 02:03
I prefer their later work aswell, a change is always welcome imo.
ß - 30.08.2008 at 02:26
Album cover looks fairly good. I might check it out later I would be surprised if it is good
matos - 30.08.2008 at 04:16
cover confuses me, it's not new satyricon style, if i did't know satyricon i'd say it's from 95.
But however I also have little hope for this one :/
Uirapuru - 30.08.2008 at 06:17
good stuff coming... i have a feeling that this album is gonna rock!!
DoomGuard - 30.08.2008 at 06:25
badass cover...hopefully these guys still got it
Marcel Hubregtse - 30.08.2008 at 13:01
Written by Pétur on 30.08.2008 at 01:56

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 30.08.2008 at 01:44

Written by Pétur on 30.08.2008 at 01:36

IMO the repetition and catchiness work really well creating some sort of mind induced buzz.
Abattoir - 30.08.2008 at 13:08
Nice artwork...I hope the album will sound at least good as the last one. Than I would be quite pleased.
Katatronik - 30.08.2008 at 14:31
Good artwork, let's hear the album... Hope it's not in the same style of Now,Diabolical, which isn't for my tastes...
TheCybershifter - 30.08.2008 at 14:36
Can't wait! And I like that they drop out "iron cross" from their logo. Hope we are in front of another "catchy as hell" album!
ArtiA - 30.08.2008 at 15:43
they have great cover with new logo that is good , wow , have a great stuff , I hope be a powerfull
NeoSe7en - 30.08.2008 at 22:15
I love the cover art. That is one evil fucking bird. The logo looks a lot better without the cross.

I agree that Satyricon's last few albums have been a change, I still like them though. From what Satyr has been saying about The Age of Nero, it sounds like a definite change, especially his discussion of the use of brass instruments.
M€†aLWaRrIöR™ - 01.09.2008 at 03:21
i cant wait to get this album

News To/Die/For - New Album Details 5.5 25.05.2006 by clifford