The music video for the new Metallica single "The Day That Never Comes" is out. It can be viewed on the band's website. Here is what the Metallica members themselves say about it:

"It's midnight here at HQ and we are incredibly proud to present you with the debut of "The Day That Never Comes"... not so much the standard video fare, but what we like to think of as a short film.

We were honored to work with acclaimed film director and fellow Dane Thomas Vinterberg, as our goal with this song was to step outside of the usual every day music video box and into to the world of film. As you may have see here earlier, we shot it outside of Los Angeles a month ago and we hope that you are as blown away by Thomas' vision as we are."

In other news, Metallica have also posted another new song online, [Link] namely the studio version of "Cyanide".

Both tracks come off the band's new upcoming album "Death Magnetic", which will hit the streets worldwide on Friday, September 12th.

Source: metallica.com
Band profile: Metallica

Posted: 02.09.2008 by K†ulu

Comments

Ozman - 02.09.2008 at 19:48
Well, imo the video beats the living daylights out off the very mediocre song.
Vermin - 02.09.2008 at 19:53
I take my first statement back (message deleted).. It's actually a decent video. At first i thought it was just a crappy propaganda flick, but the message is okay even if the song is bland.
_-Blackbird-_ - 02.09.2008 at 20:16
That new song Cyanide sounds pretty good
DrunkenFuck - 02.09.2008 at 20:31
The Day That Never Comes is starting to get under my skin. The snare drum is still too annoying, but the song really fucking rules. I really like it. "Waiting for, the day that never comes"... You think they're talking about the release date of Chinese Democracy?

My Apocalypse is the one I like the least of the singles - so far.
-Soulreaper- - 02.09.2008 at 20:54
Does James Hetfield sound like Weird Al Yankovic in that song to anybody else? The video is alright but the song is pretty bad. From 5:26 to the end of the song is really the only decent part of it. Probably because it doesnt have James's really annoying vocals from there on.
SwallowTheSun68 - 02.09.2008 at 21:08
All the new Metallica songs so far are terrible.. Cyanide is by far the worst though. None of the new songs have a good flow to them, they are all over the place. I don't know if that's them trying to be progressive??? Either way it's shit. The drums sound like shit... Kirk Hammett's soloing is shit, and none of the solos even fit the songs. It sounds like all the songs were made in one take. The riffs are just boring and bland. The Day That Never Comes is a few minutes too long. Like just because their old songs were good and long doesn't mean if they make a long shitty song, its good. The video for the song is pretty decent though.. But it's nothing spectacular. Im still looking forward to that song that has the lyrics "Booow down sell your soul to me I'll set you free" Or whatever it says, because that riff is killer and sounds like a promising song... lol fuckin Metallica..
Talvi - 02.09.2008 at 23:38
I laughed so hard when the music stops and Lars does a "solo". I thought a kid started to randomly smash the drumkit.
4look4rd - 03.09.2008 at 01:02
this song is just so generic, well the vocals are annoying (as always) but the instruments, which I considered the only thing worth listening in metallica, is just plain boring....
Warman - 03.09.2008 at 01:24
Sounds way better in studio version!
Ozman - 03.09.2008 at 01:27
Written by Warman on 03.09.2008 at 01:24

Sounds way better in studio version!

The previous version was also a studio version, so what the hell are you talking about? That you like this mix better than the preivous one?
Warman - 03.09.2008 at 01:38
Written by Ozman on 03.09.2008 at 01:27

Ah sorry, I'm talking about Cyanide. I have only heard the live version.
juanopereira - 03.09.2008 at 02:30
I liked the video and the song
Warman - 03.09.2008 at 02:32
I thought the video was great, just like the song. "The Day That Never Comes" sounds like a "Loadish" version of "One" IMO. And before you all start quoting me: No, I don't think it's nearly as good as "One".
andreas.santamaria@g - 03.09.2008 at 03:38
pretty good video actually, enhances the song!!!!
WorpeX - 03.09.2008 at 04:10
Shit, that song is starting to grow on me. Video is pretty good.
+{Jonas}+ - 03.09.2008 at 05:08
Written by Warman on 03.09.2008 at 02:32

*agrees* Still the video is a bit cliché, you knwo, the US army in Iraq/Afghanistan.
selken - 03.09.2008 at 06:31
Written by Warman on 03.09.2008 at 02:32

I have a similar impression, although mine is that it sounds like a "And Justicish" version of Bleeding Me
destroyah - 03.09.2008 at 08:37
I still absolutely love this song but the video is kinda lacking. I mean I guess it's well done but I just find it rarely goes with the music.
sn0 - 03.09.2008 at 10:55
Shadow of "One" really hanging over that one IMO. But it deals nicely with it. Good video effort. I liked that there was no big KABOOM in the end. Made the point clear and acceptable to me.

About the song: I dislike the first half of it and love the second half. It really snaps from crap to gold in an instant
albatros - 03.09.2008 at 12:09
I don't think, it's okay to force women to get wrapped up completely. She should rather get rid of the rags, leave the pathetic fellow and his car behind and learn how to fly the helicopter. I think, that would have been MY plot of the story.
Dark Blood - 03.09.2008 at 12:16
Really nice work indeed. I think the song is great and the video production too. Very good, they scored with this
K†ulu - 03.09.2008 at 13:06
Well, I liked the song much more after watching the video, which is freaking intense. I can say I liked it.
Holy_Diver - 03.09.2008 at 13:11
I think that this video is not good at all. first of all it is too boring and just like the song much too long. and it doesn't make any sense? what are they trying to say here? that there are bad cars in afghanistan? and if i had the budget that metallica has, i'd made a more convincing "wound" at the beginning. but that's just my opinion.
Hamird - 03.09.2008 at 13:43
Written by Talvi on 02.09.2008 at 23:38

I laughed so hard when the music stops and Lars does a "solo". I thought a Disable kid started to randomly smash the drumkit.
This song is not interesting..
THE_BLACK_GOD - 03.09.2008 at 14:37
Written by Ozman on 02.09.2008 at 19:48

Well, imo the video beats the living daylights out off the very mediocre song.

did u lookin for a miracle? metallica is as others band songs good songs and medicore songs. but im so happy when i see 45 years old jaymz still have new thoughts and visions.(open ur mind for a different view and nothing else matter)
Elio - 03.09.2008 at 15:17
The video is OK and also the song is not that bad, even if it doesn't sound new to my ears.
Shadowcross - 03.09.2008 at 16:12
next news piece: french have leaked death magnetic, lars claims 'thats not a whole sandwich'
matthioso - 04.09.2008 at 15:40
and again a lot of people start complaining that the song sucks and blablabla...
If you don't like it, fine by me, but stop insulting artist you don't like. Maybe you can sometimes think of the people that actually like this music and show some respect to those men and women.

I think this song is really good, I don't care much about the video's...
BloodTears - 05.09.2008 at 22:01
I like the song, I'm not that keen about the video, but I usually don't pay a lot of attention to the videos anyway.
symphmetal6991 - 10.02.2009 at 02:19
Vid's a bit... odd. I dont see how it ties in with the song.

News Metallica - New Video Online 9 27.03.2009 by blizzard tyrant