Original news, posted on 04.10.2008

"The 13th Floor" is the title of the new album.

The release date is set to the 23rd of January 2009. Expect a melodic and powerful album in the typical Sirenia vein. The album features guest appearances by Jan Kenneth Barkved (who also did some guest appearances on our debut "At Sixes and Sevens"), French violin player Stephanie Valentin adds to the sound, along with the Sirenian choir that has been an important part of our sound since the very beginning.

We will keep you updated all the way up to the release date.

UPDATE

"The 13th Floor" tracklisting:

01. The Path To Decay
02. Lost In Life
03. The Mind Maelstrom
04. The Seventh Summer
05. Beyond Life's Scenery
06. The Lucid Door
07. Led Astray
08. Winterborn 77
09. Sirens Of The Seven Seas

"The 13th Floor" was tracked at Sound Suite Studios in France and Stargoth Studios in Norway while the mixing and mastering sessions took place at the Antfarm Studios in Denmark with Tue Madsen. The artwork is being created by Jan Yrlund.

Source: mortenveland.com
Band profile: Sirenia

Posted: 18.10.2008 by dismaleuphony

Comments

Bas - 04.10.2008 at 04:13
sounds great, really looking forwards to another great album by sirenia
dismaleuphony - 04.10.2008 at 04:47
Yes, me too, and I just hope that Morten sings a bit more than he did on the last album! One good thing about changing female singers so often is that there is always a level of curiosity, and no chance that it will sound exactly the same as the previous album
Princ_Of_Horror - 04.10.2008 at 05:56
yeah..however when the female singer has a poor and 'flat' voice curiosity turns into fear and one question remains, "how bad will she sound in Sirenia?" LOL
I hope its a good album and I really hope, there is more Mortem singing in it, there is hope it will sound a bit more like 'At Sixes and Sevens' I guees only time will tell...
flamesoficarus - 04.10.2008 at 09:20
i hope there is more of the sirenian choir, they make some of the tracks freakin awesome. and yea, more morten on vocals
annodomini - 04.10.2008 at 10:05
In what typical vein? Destinies or Sixies? I hope the 2nd choice.
Abattoir - 04.10.2008 at 11:49
Sounds cool to me...
Katatronik - 04.10.2008 at 13:34
Can't wait to hear new stuff...
stygian - 04.10.2008 at 13:43
i hope they do better that the last album, that was horrible, i liked destinies though... but especially the singing on destinies was good, i dont like the one they have now...
Angel_Lament - 04.10.2008 at 14:22
Sounds Interesting, Im looking forward to hear the new Vocalist
and maybe there will be more Sirenian Choir....
albatros - 04.10.2008 at 14:51
Written by stygian on 04.10.2008 at 13:43

I'm puzzled.

"Destinies .." WAS their last album. In the same sentence you say that it was horrible and that you liked it. I'm getting too old for this world.
Black Conundrum - 04.10.2008 at 22:07
I want to hear this band's music period.
caffeinehead - 05.10.2008 at 02:21
I REALLY like the element of the Sirenian Choir in their music. The song "The Other Side" is only good because of that choir- that section of the song gets stuck in my head for days on end. I love it.
Graveheart - 06.10.2008 at 01:07
At Sixes and Sevens
Nine Destinies and a Downfall
The 13th Floor

I wonder what's all the numerology about with this band's album titles. A couple of their song titles too.
=maD.Doc:. - 18.10.2008 at 21:49
Written by stygian on 04.10.2008 at 13:43

You really got me confused there. First you say that the last album was horrible, then you say you like Destinies. I mean, Nine Destinies and a Downfall was their last album, so an explanation here is quite needed.
corrupt - 18.10.2008 at 22:03
That choir will never be 'Sirenian' to me. It's Mortens old Tristanian choir, lacking the furious power of the immeasurable Vibeke Stene. When she left Tristania and it was made clear that she doesn't join Nightwish (It was never said anywhere official, but would have been THE killer move) I had all my hopes up for her to follow Morten to Sirenia. Too bad eh?
After the disappointment that was Destinies, I wait for this one with suspicion. Also Morten could work on his Lyrics. We all know he can do better than this.
Slyfang - 19.10.2008 at 03:54
Lots of sevens in this one.. and a number they haven't used yet: 13! surely promising. i wonder when they'll use more sixes, or maybe introduce the fives? let's just hope for the best with singer number 4 (correct me if i'm wrong)
annodomini - 19.10.2008 at 11:50
And Morten is going on egocentric stuff Winterborn 77 (in other forum people explained me that this is his birth date december of 1977). Yeah there a lots of sevens, but i hope this will be closer to At Sixes and SEVENS.
marts - 20.10.2008 at 09:12
I hope it will be closer Elixir, Thats my favourite Sirenia album. More Morten PLEASE
darklos - 31.12.2008 at 21:19
This album is already available for torrent clients . Good option to hear it, DO NOT forget buy it if you like it .

News Sirenia - New Album Title Revealed 10.5 12.10.2010 by AnGina--
News Within Temptation - New Album Title Revealed 7 20.11.2010 by Angel_Lament
News Death Angel - New Album Title And Cover Revealed 7 08.07.2010 by vezzy
News Whyzdom - New Album Title Revealed 7 24.01.2011 by Dark†SymphonY
News A Storm Of Light - Releasing New Album, Title Revealed 7 20.03.2013 by Lit.