A new track from the Norwegian black metal band Darkthrone is available for free download by subscribing to the Peaceville Records mailing list at this location .

Darkthrone will release its new album, "Dark Thrones And Black Flags" on October 20 through Peaceville. The follow-up to 2007's acclaimed "F.O.A.D." LP will be made available in three formats: a regular edition in super jewel case; a vinyl edition; and a special edition in a slipcased super jewel case package with exclusive new video footage featuring Darkthrone in the studio "Fucking Around Version 1" and "Fucking Around Version 2." All info here.

Source: burningshed.com
Band profile: Darkthrone

Posted: 06.10.2008 by ArtiA

Comments

Derelict Earth - 06.10.2008 at 20:34
"The follow-up to 2007's acclaimed "F.O.A.D."", wasn't F.O.A.D a terrible album that was despised by reviewers ?
BitterCOld - 06.10.2008 at 21:16
Written by Derelict Earth on 06.10.2008 at 20:34

Was a good album, imo, but not as strong as the three that preceded it.

Received a 7.3 average here, including a 7.8 review from Jeff. Received a 78% at Metal-Archives, which falls in line with most reviews I read.

undoubtedly there were some people/zines that acclaimed it, and that's likely what Peaceville was referencing.

You wouldn't expect them to refer to it as a "follow-up to 2007's pretty good F.O.A.D.", would you?
ArcesseEum - 07.10.2008 at 04:29
...here we go again
Moeror - 07.10.2008 at 14:47
i think it's awesome, cant wait for the album
Branzig - 07.10.2008 at 19:56
Written by Derelict Earth on 06.10.2008 at 20:34

F.O.A.D. was a killer album! I love Darkthrone's new direction into blackened-death-punk-satan-rock, or whatever Fenriz called their new genre... haha

Anyways, I think it's awesome and I support it 100%. I hope their next release is just as left field.
I, braineater - 08.10.2008 at 16:48
Yeah, I'm a fan of their current "phase" too. I mean, I love the shit out of their BM records, but I think over the last few I've started to respect them more as artists and just straight up cool dudes...F.O.A.D was interesting, but pretty hit and miss at the same time (I love several tracks on it to be sure, but overall..). Given the sound of "Hiking..", I say bring on the new one and anything else they wanna record. Darkthrone are just a great time these days.
Mr. Doctor - 19.10.2008 at 18:52
It's very nice that the cover of the alvbum is in the same vein as the one from FOAD that also was fucking killer.
I hope that the music is as good as the artwork.

News Cormorant - New Song Online, First Releases Now Available For Free Download 8.5 24.09.2011 by Tornado Of Souls
News Megadeth - New Song Available For Download 8.5 08.07.2009 by Jeff
News Kimaera - New Song Available For Download 8.5 01.12.2009 by JD
News Apocalyptica - New Song Available For Download 8.5 08.08.2010 by ApocalypticaMax3
News Necrophagia - New Song Available For Free Download 8.5 13.04.2011 by blackdoomy