The new video clip "Ministry Of Saints" is online now. The "Ministry Of Saints" video, shot in Belgrade (Serbia), is taken from the forthcoming album "Tinnitus Sanctus" (out on November14th), and can be watched here.

Check out an e-card for "Tinnitus Sanctus" at this location.

Source: edguy.net
Band profile: Edguy

Posted: 03.11.2008 by santiagomp

Comments

NaittsirK - 03.11.2008 at 18:01
Tobias has really lost it.
Both new Edguy and Avantasia are more Glam then they are Metal.
The video is of quality though and I love it when big bands come to my country to shoot videos:)
ApocalypticaMax3 - 03.11.2008 at 18:03
Hum, not bad ^^ That's the new Edguy, but a pretty good one after a couple of listens =P

I do think that avantasia lost a lot of their metal side though, as you said =P
Spyroid - 03.11.2008 at 18:34
It's pop metal, and the quality is like one of those songs from some of their older albums that isn't bad but not good either.

Although I think it's very professional and I love the production. Then again, the video is boring and the solo is there just because "you have to play a guitar solo in a metal song". It's like 5 seconds long! They should've made the solo longer and better, or cut it away totally IMO.
-DC-002- - 03.11.2008 at 18:45
These guys are one of the main reasons for me to not like power metal.
Janne - 03.11.2008 at 19:26
Not good... not bad... not power... not metal... not Edguy...
enumaelis - 03.11.2008 at 21:21
Forgettable!
Akke920 - 03.11.2008 at 22:24
I don't like it... It's i think that the song is boring. And i don't think it's really metal either.. probably pop metal as Spyroid stated earlier.

I bought their last album.... I won't buy this one... I didn't like the last album, and i'm pretty sure that i won't like this album either.... Please edguy! Go back to your old sound!

I don't really know.. maybe they would have to kick out Tobi if they wanted play the same GOOD edguy like they did before.

Edguy's last descent album = Hellfire Club

My chemical romance is maybe even more heavy than edguy now...

That's all i have to say. Thank you edguy for your previous albums! (except Rocket Ride)

BUT! i'll give you a little shiny star for the video!
LeChron James - 03.11.2008 at 23:03
Wheres the fast, relentless Edguy i know and love?
The Black Halo - 03.11.2008 at 23:05
I dont find it all that bad. To me it sounds like Hellfire Club just dulled down a bit. The quick heavy riffs, flashy and booming chorus. They've become an Edguy trademark.

But if Ive learned anything from Edguy its to never judge too quickly off their singles. Look at the albums that followed Lavatory Love Machine and Superheroes.
Kallis Helmi - 04.11.2008 at 00:12
Great song and clip IMO. Can't wait for Tinnitus Sanctus!
caffeinehead - 04.11.2008 at 01:42
@The Black Halo: I COMPLETELY agree with you! I heard the first two singles from Avantasia and I feared the worst- the songs are TERRIBLE examples of the album "The Scarecrow", so I think that the album still has a lot of potential and to write it off now would be a poor idea.

I feel that this song is a little over-produced, a little too glammed up, but I'm still hopeful that the album will turn out to be good- The Scarecrow did!
juanopereira - 04.11.2008 at 04:10
I saw this video like 2 days ago in youtube, anyway, I don't think the song is bad. Obiusly is not a masterpiece, just a comercial good rock song to promote the new album, but the video is really good. Maybe the original "Ministry of Saints", the one that is on the cd is better because in the videoclip lasts 4 minutes but in the CD, the same song lasts 5 minutes. I hope this extra minute has the metal elements that are missing in this song.
Elaryan - 04.11.2008 at 17:30
Woo nev video ^^
WorpeX - 04.11.2008 at 17:48
Songs ok, I have no idea what the hells going on in that video though.
Spyroid - 04.11.2008 at 23:09
Written by juanopereira on 04.11.2008 at 04:10

Good point, didn't think of that at all! Video edits are pretty unusual in the metal world as far as I know but it's absolutely possible.

And when I think about, the first singles are my least favourite tracks on both The Scarecrow, Rocket Ride, Hellfire Club and on Mandrkae (All the Clowns, isn't it?) So I still have hope
Big_Evil - 05.11.2008 at 08:18
This song has a solid rocky riff, and I'm loving the intro. Reminds me of, er, Hellfire Club, I think it was... Sounds good in my opinion...
Briche - 05.11.2008 at 13:33
Oh my god! i like this but... this is Bon Jovi? I miss the classical Edguy. But is only the single maybe in the CD the are really metal songs. So the song is cool but i hope more.
corrupt - 05.11.2008 at 13:34
Really not as bad as I feared. But not so good either. Edguy have come from a band that could really surprise their fans with new material (Mandrake, Hellfire Club) to a band doing exactly what people expect from them. And by the comments to that video, their current fans appreciate that.

Always sad to see one of your once most favourite bands go down the drain.
Ellrohir - 05.11.2008 at 16:08
It is great song...cant wait for the album
Icarus - 06.11.2008 at 04:08
Im ok with this EDGUY i dont love it but its ok.... i did like however rocket ride but still miss hellfire club and the older album vibes
Hrothdane - 06.11.2008 at 06:33
I blame Michael Kiske. He started collaborating with tobi on the avantasia albums and is trying to convert him to the dark side! Its like helloween all over again!

DAMN YOU MICHAEL KISKE!!! IS NOTHING SACRED TO YOU?!?!
corrupt - 06.11.2008 at 11:49
Boy, I've just listened to it like three times and it's already boring me to death.
Øyvind - 06.11.2008 at 15:26
Shot in Belgrade, and I never knew...
PM - 06.11.2008 at 17:49
Tobias' voice is really cool, but yeah, he's getting lost on some kind of new wave of pop metal, wich sucks...

The only thing I enjoyed was the visual (and the girls), and when that happens on a videoclip it's a bad sign...

I want the powerfull edguy back!

Yeah, the solo... - -'
The Shape 1973 - 11.11.2008 at 22:17
Just got the album today, its much better than Rocket Ride which was bollocks, heavier than I expected, but the old power metal sound is gone, but very good album anyway. Dragonfly is probably the best song they have ever done, Speedhoven is cool as well. This album is designed to break the USA as it came out there days ago, much earlier than Europe, thats why i've got mine already.
DanielViking - 13.11.2008 at 21:56
I like the video and the album. it's more hard rock than metal but it really gives me a good feeling. nice songs.
Elio - 13.11.2008 at 22:00