Deathspell Omega and S.V.E.S.T. offer two glances right into the primeval fracture, the suppurating wound at the heart of everything, the fissure undermining up to the least attempt at harmony. "Summa Divisio", the first of all divisions, the mother of all scissions and the annunciation of woe and affliction to come. The work of both bands can be understood as a variation on a same theme, independent yet complementary.

The split, entitled "Chaining The Katechon / Le Diable Est Ma Raison" [cover art], will be released on the 8th of December, through End All Life Productions, as a noble gatefold LP featuring both bands and as two digipak mini-cds, each featuring one band, with identical artwork and layout

Source: e-a-l.com
Band profile: Deathspell Omega

Posted: 29.11.2008 by Damnated

Comments

-DC-002- - 29.11.2008 at 12:41
This is interesting. I've never heard of SVEST but Deathspell Omega are exquisite. The album artworks interesting. its very Deathspell Omega like
Lucas - 29.11.2008 at 12:54
Written by -DC-002- on 29.11.2008 at 12:41

Which brings to light the obvious flaw in this split release, as was pointed out in the Deathspell Omega thread. The goal of a split is to promote both bands, or that the smaller band can profit from the attention of the bigger band. So why release it as seperate cd's? Most people will only buy the DSO 'side' i.e. cd. And that's a shame, cause from what I remember, SVEST is also very worthwhile.

I'll be sure to buy both.
ArcesseEum - 29.11.2008 at 16:26
Another split!? *sigh* I want the third part of the trilogy!
Black Conundrum - 30.11.2008 at 01:25
Ha! When I read the title, I thought that Deathspell Omega had split up. I was definitely wrong about that.
TheBigRossowski - 30.11.2008 at 17:13
Yes! I will definitely have to get both as well, definitely worth the money!
Derelict Earth - 01.12.2008 at 20:54
Written by Black Conundrum on 30.11.2008 at 01:25

So did I, it almost ruined my day !

News Alterbeast - Split With Vocalist, Replacement Announced 5.5 13.08.2014 by MeatloafCupcake
News Macbeth (GER) - Split With Drummer, Replacement Announced 5.5 01.06.2014 by LeKiwi
News The Foreshadowing - Split With Drummer, Replacement Announced 5.5 09.05.2013 by Demonic Tutor
Albums Deathspell Omega / Clandestine Blaze - Clandestine Blaze / Deathspell Omega [Split] [EP] 4.5 03.07.2013 by !J.O.O.E.!
News Tankard - New Video Online, Releasing Split With Destruction 4 09.06.2014 by Lehctim