Swedish metallers Sonic Syndicate have confirmed a double-headlining tour across Europe together with labelmates Deathstars who will be releasing their new album "Night Electric Night" on January 30th.

Sonic Syndicate bassist Karin Axelsson commented: "Today we finally confirmed our first tour of 2009 and have decided to team up with with fellow Swedes Deathstars for a double-headline tour across Europe. We're looking forward to sharing the stage with them, having a great time and meeting all the great supporters of both bands throughout Europe. The Swedish mafia continues to cross borders in high gear across Europe. Beware!"

The band also have just finished filming two new videos featuring the second ballad "Contradiction" as well as the heavy track "Powershift"! Both songs come off their latest album "Love And Other Disasters" which landed on #15 of the Swedish and on #36 of the German album charts back in September this year. Both videos will be aired early 2009 so watch out! The first vid "Jack Of Diamonds" by now has gotten close to 1 million views on YouTube.

Tour dates are as follows:

11.02. D - Flensburg - Roxy
06.03. NL - Enschede - Atak
08.03. D - Bochum - Matrix
09.03. D - Köln - Underground
10.03. D - Frankfurt - Batschkapp
12.03. D - München - Backstage
13.03. D - Hamburg - Markthalle

More dates are expected to be confirmed soon.

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Sonic Syndicate
Event: Sonic Syndicate + Deathstars

Posted: 14.12.2008 by Abattoir

Comments

iaberis - 14.12.2008 at 22:19
Any chance for Greece?
Marcel Hubregtse - 14.12.2008 at 23:48
Written by iaberis on 14.12.2008 at 22:19

Any chance for Greece?

You're kidding, right? Who would wanna see such a hoorible line-up except for teenage girls who think the band members of both bands are hot.

Sonic Syndicate are by far the worst band I have seen live over the last couple of years. Trivium & Bullet For My Valentine are far superior to this trite, and don't even get me started on Deathstars...
Spyroid - 15.12.2008 at 01:17
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 14.12.2008 at 23:48

Written by iaberis on 14.12.2008 at 22:19

Any chance for Greece?

I think they're a good live act, but only if you close your ears very, very hard. The only reason I would like to see them would be for the hot bass player
But the music... ueeeee (no puking smily?)
iaberis - 15.12.2008 at 02:03
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 14.12.2008 at 23:48

Written by iaberis on 14.12.2008 at 22:19

Any chance for Greece?

Fuck their live music (I heard it really sucks)! LOL
I just wanna see Karin!
-DC-002- - 15.12.2008 at 05:21
Ow wow. what a terrible, terrible tour. wouldn't even go if it was free... in fact, If I was forced to go, I'd kill myself.
Marcel Hubregtse - 15.12.2008 at 11:00
@Spyroid & Uaberis, well, you got me there, Karin is real eye candy.
Promonex - 15.12.2008 at 21:46
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 15.12.2008 at 11:00

@Spyroid & Uaberis, well, you got me there, Karin is real eye candy.

She used to be eye candy. But with her new haircut she looks like your average emo twat. Check out the video of Jack of Diamonds to see what I'm talking about. And to see why I can't stand Patric Ullaeus.
dismaleuphony - 16.12.2008 at 04:02
Written by Promonex on 15.12.2008 at 21:46

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 15.12.2008 at 11:00

@Spyroid & Uaberis, well, you got me there, Karin is real eye candy.

Everyone of course has personal taste with attractiveness, but Karin just is nothing interesting to me (camera personality or looks), and definitely not enough to get me through watching them live ever again. Out of myself and the four other male friends I went to see Amon Amarth with and Sonic Syndicate as main support, none of us cared for her - or the band.

And I'm going to keep an eye out for Patric Ullaeus's videos, as this one was even more irritating than the song, to be honest. In fact, it was completely obnoxious as far as I'm concerned. Oddly enough, the music itself was the least irritating of the entire 3 minute experience
Marcel Hubregtse - 16.12.2008 at 07:28
Written by Promonex on 15.12.2008 at 21:46

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 15.12.2008 at 11:00

@Spyroid & Uaberis, well, you got me there, Karin is real eye candy.

The video is alright for metal standards thereby proving that metal videos are so boring and crap and redundant in general. But Karin loks horrible agreed.
Mr. Doctor - 17.12.2008 at 18:16
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 14.12.2008 at 23:48

I agree with you... But I like Deathstarts and I can't believe that SS are with them... Deathstarts is not as bad as SS that it's just sounds fake and gay. But you probably think the same way about deathstars.

And the girl looks nice...But I preffer her old style lol

News Cannibal Corpse - Co-Headlining European Tour With Devildriver 7 10.07.2012 by Butters49
News Misery Index - Co-headlining European Tour With Grave 7 03.09.2010 by Abattoir
News Vader - Co-Headlining European Tour With Marduk 7 06.06.2009 by LeChron James
News Saxon - Co-Headlining European Tour With Iced Earth 7 27.11.2008 by Tursti