Seattle-based hard rock band Q5, featuring famed tremolo manufacturer Floyd Rose, is confirmed for the next edition of Germany's Headbangers Open Air festival to take place in Brande-Hörnerkirchen near Hamburg on 23rd/24th of July 2009. The band will play for the very first time in Europe.

Source: headbangers-open-air.de
Band profile: Q5
Event: Headbangers Open Air XII

Posted: 28.12.2008 by Hellish Star

Comments

The Shape 1973 - 29.12.2008 at 23:18
Other than Pretty Maids ( are they still going? ) I've never heard of any of these bands. Who is headlining, Spinal Tap?
Marcel Hubregtse - 30.12.2008 at 07:52
Written by The Shape 1973 on 29.12.2008 at 23:18

What? You never heard of Angel Witch either? or Helstar ? Or Razor, The Rods, Manilla Road, Vicious Rumors, Warbringer, Tankard, Tysondog,
Paradox?
I see you are 35 so when did you get into metal? Cause all those names were really big in the mid to late 80s.

Btw Nomad Son together with Portrait are my tips for this fest.
The Shape 1973 - 30.12.2008 at 16:21
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 30.12.2008 at 07:52

Written by The Shape 1973 on 29.12.2008 at 23:18

Paradox?

Btw Nomad Son together with Portrait are my tips for this fest.

Sorry mate I got in to metal in 1989 with TNT, Magnum, Yngwie Malmsteen,Dio and Badlands, so I missed these guys. I started to listening to metal to piss off my ex girlfriend only, how many people got in to metal, not bcause they liked it but just to annoy someone, but I got hooked. 20 years later and I would die to protect my CD collection now. I've just started to look back at some of my early purchases and rediscovered how cool Savatage was, Streets and Dead winter dead still sound up to date. White Lion, WW3, Bonham,Roko,BB Steal brilliant.
Marcel Hubregtse - 30.12.2008 at 16:49
Written by The Shape 1973 on 30.12.2008 at 16:21

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 30.12.2008 at 07:52

Written by The Shape 1973 on 29.12.2008 at 23:18

Paradox?

Btw Nomad Son together with Portrait are my tips for this fest.

Aha, then that explains it
Oops I see I named Warbringer as quite a big name back in the day, but of course they have only just released their debut this year
DayFly - 01.01.2009 at 16:44
This is great news, I didn't know the band was still active (or aren't they?)

News Vader, Belphegor - Confirmed For Germany's Party.San Open Air Festival 8.5 22.11.2006 by
News Kamelot - Confirmed For 70000 Tons Of Metal And Wacken Open Air 2012, Update On New Album 7 21.12.2011 by Iriki
News Blind Guardian - Confirmed For Bloodstock Open Air 7 03.12.2006 by Baz Anderson
News Wacken Open Air 2008 - Iron Maiden & Kreator Confirmed 5.5 06.07.2007 by LeChron James
News Dimmu Borgir - Special Show With Orchestra Announced For Wacken Open Air 2012 5.5 15.09.2011 by psykometal