From the official website of Hammer Horde:

"Greetings from the studio everyone! We've successfully finished laying down the drum tracks for our debut album "Under the Mighty Oath" this weekend and are now preparing to record guitars. Despite some setbacks with the trip here, we managed to set up on Friday and blast through the set. The gods appeared to be on our side as we trudged throughout the 9 tracks, resulting in what we believe to be a solid foundation and starting point for the album. At this rate, we are shooting to be done with the overall recordings by the beginning of the New Year, so you can expect to have "Under The Mighty Oath" in your hands sometime in '09. Updates will follow shortly so stay tuned."

In later news, the band announced that all the recordings are done and only the final mixing remains. As a new year's eve present, three tracks have been posted for your hearing pleasure here.

Source: hammerhorde.com
Band profile: Hammer Horde

Posted: 05.01.2009 by Lucas

Comments

HammerHorde - 05.01.2009 at 02:12
We expect the CD to be wrapped up soon and should be available for purchase sometime in March of 2009. In the mean time, we have shirts and hoodies for sale on the website!
Lucas - 05.01.2009 at 02:15
Curious to what the full product will sound like. One of their members (this guy right above me) also played in A Gruesome Find, which was a band I really liked a few years ago.
-DC-002- - 05.01.2009 at 02:49
They sound like a band that a lot of people would like. kudos to them
Janne - 05.01.2009 at 18:40
I've never heard about this band. Could someone give me some basic information about them?
HammerHorde - 05.01.2009 at 20:26
Hammer Horde is a blackened viking-metal band from the US. It's hard to throw music into a category when there is a vast array of incorporated musical styles, but we ended up calling it Epic Viking Metal. Hopefully, that is the appropriate category! See what you think!
Janne - 05.01.2009 at 21:56
I would say it's pagan black metal but the genre is not important.
I listened to the 3 tracks on the official website but I wasn't impressed. There's nothing special in the music for me. And tell me why is it epic? what are the lyrical themes?

News Hammer Horde - Enter The Studio In November 7 11.10.2010 by Dominus
News Into Eternity - Enters The Studio This Weekend, New Single Version Online 5.5 29.07.2011 by Gopherhawk
Albums Hammer Horde - Under The Mighty Oath 4.5 21.04.2011 by hadriel
News Crucified Barbara - To Enter The Studio This Summer 4 08.06.2011 by neonxaos
News Job For A Cowboy - Enter The Studio To Record New EP 4 15.02.2011 by Boxcar Willy