Vocalist Mike DiMeo (ex-Riot) has confirmed he parted ways with Masterplan. On a blog on his MySpace he writes as follows:

"I did some really cool session work and have a bunch of releases slated for 2009 of which I am really looking forward to. One of them is with Australian band "Ilium" and I am really happy with how it turned out. I also do want to confirm that I am no longer working with the Masterplan guys, although I have nothing but profound respect for them and continue to wish them nothing but success in the future." (Read the whole message here)

Although Masterplan has yet to announce a replacement for DiMeo, guitarist Roland Grapow wrote in an online posting in November that the band had commenced the recording sessions for a new studio album, which is tentatively expected in May/June via AFM Records.

Source: blog.myspace.com
Band profile: Masterplan

Posted: 12.01.2009 by Thryce

Comments

Slyfang - 12.01.2009 at 13:52
Not even a reason for leaving? just 'hey, things are going great with the band. oh by the way, i quit'?
Baz Anderson - 12.01.2009 at 14:22
Well either they started recording with Mike on vocals, or they do already have a new singer.
Roland is a fantastic singer himself, but he doesn't have a bluesy kind of voice.

I know it probably isn't even a possibility, but I am sure everyone is wishing Jørn will step back into the band.
Promonex - 12.01.2009 at 14:52
Not everyone. I still wish the singer who first was rumored to join Masterplan after Jørn left would step up: Kelly Sundown Carpenter. He had done an absolutely brilliant job when he replaced Jørn in Beyond Twilight and I'm sure he'd fit quite well with Masterplan as well. And looking at the Myspace sites of Kelly and Roland Grapow, they have each other as top friends, so if this means anything, then that there shouldn't be too many obstacles on a personal level.
Talvi - 12.01.2009 at 14:57
Written by Promonex on 12.01.2009 at 14:52

No please! Carpenter is a too good vocalist for a soso band like Masterplan. Even though that would make me intersted in the band...
The Shape 1973 - 12.01.2009 at 15:57
Written by Baz Anderson on 12.01.2009 at 14:22

Jorn coming back would be fantastic, the first two albums were brillant, the third not so good, so i'm not that bothered that Mike is leaving.

Why did Jorn leave the first time?

How about getting Mike Kiske instead, a bit of an old school Helloween reunion, Kai Hansen as well. I seem to remember hearing in the past that this might be a possibility,but not under the Masterplan name though.
Infurnace - 12.01.2009 at 16:07
Written by The Shape 1973 on 12.01.2009 at 15:57

Written by Baz Anderson on 12.01.2009 at 14:22

Why did Jorn leave the first time?

Yeah, I agree. Jorn returning to Masterplan would be awesome, but I think the chance is slim to none. If I remember correctly Jorn left Masterplan because it wasn't the musical style he really wanted to perform. And yeah, I agree on the albums as well. The first two were really great, but the last one wasn't that special.
LeChron James - 12.01.2009 at 18:40
A perfect opportunity for Kiske to come back LOL...
Jari - 12.01.2009 at 21:24
Kiske doesn't fit for Masterplan's music, Roland said this himself.
Anyways i heard Jorn said in an interview sometime ago he is making a album with Roland so if it isn't Masterplan's new then what?
Zmaj Ognjeni Vuk - 12.01.2009 at 22:04
Two words: good riddance.
Actually, I don't want to be harsh, and I somewhat like him, he is indeed a good singer. But he lacks Jorn's energy and diversity.
As for Kiske, please no! To have Jorn back would be ideal, but I see he has a new solo album in the making, so his return doesn't seem much probable.
Sheol - 13.01.2009 at 02:45
Evidently they already have a new singer:

"We'll putt out more news about our new singer soon!
So stay tuned and expect big things coming around..."

I never really liked Di Meo. But it was nice to see Masterplan up and running again.
opeth771 - 13.01.2009 at 03:10
DiMaio didn't fit Masterplan's sound and they even have to adjust their sound to fit his voice in.

I pray every day that Jorn would comeback to Masterplan. If that ever happens, im gunna be soooo happy.¸

Whoever suggested Michael Kiske, I agree it would be freaking nice.
Daggon - 13.01.2009 at 07:14
It would be great if the godly voice of Jorn returns to Masterplan, let's see what happens in the next days.
Baz Anderson - 13.01.2009 at 13:50
Hmmm indeed, Kelly Sundown Carpenter does sound like he would fit the band perfectly!

It won't be Kiske, we know that for sure. Roland, Kai Hansen and Kiske are supposed to be working on a project themselves anyway. I think the last anyone heard of that was in my interview with Roland in 2007 though.
Kaede - 14.01.2009 at 01:22
I do + vouch for Jorn Lande
BORT - 15.01.2009 at 18:14
He sucked anyways
Jorn is way better
BlankFile - 15.01.2009 at 19:36
Well i don´t like is voice anyway, so i hope Masterplan invites Jorn Lande again...

News Xandria - Vocalist Leaves The Band 7 02.05.2008 by Princ_Of_Horror
News Lacrimas Profundere - Vocalist Leaves The Band 7 10.04.2007 by Spyroid
News Whyzdom - Vocalist Leaves The Band, Seek Replacement 7 28.06.2010 by annodomini
News The Haunted - Vocalist Peter Dolving Leaves The Band 7 29.02.2012 by !J.O.O.E.!
News Mortal Sin - Vocalist Leaves The Band 7 14.02.2012 by Truemetaljope