Original news posted on 15.01.2009

Graveworm have issued the following short update:

"We are currently working on songs for our upcoming album. We will enter the studio at the beginning of February and the new new one will be released at the end of May. We will present the new stuff at three festivals in May the Legacy festival in Germany, the Summer Nights festival in Austria and the Pratteln Z7 Metaldayz in Switzerland."

UPDATE (thanks to Raiden)

The new album has now been given the title "Diabolical Figures". It will contain 10 tracks and features a guest appearance by Karsten "Jagger" Jäger from Disbelief.

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Band profile: Graveworm

Posted: 16.03.2009 by SlaytallicA

Comments

annodomini - 14.01.2009 at 20:22
Wow, thats quite fast. I hope something much better than the last album.
Thryce - 14.01.2009 at 20:47
I won't judge this upcoming album before it's even released of course, but if it sounds anything like their previous two I'm afraid I'm not particularly going to like it.

Hm, I've really been losing interest in this band.
Katatronik - 14.01.2009 at 21:07
Agree with annodomini, I hope they will come back to the magic of their first albums...
Fat & Sassy! - 14.01.2009 at 22:50
Written by Thryce on 14.01.2009 at 20:47

Hm, I've really been losing interest in this band.

Yeah, same hear. I REALLY like their first few albums. And I'm not really into the whole black metal stuff.

Is it me or do they seems to be devolving as a band they put out albums? Every release after ATARTB seem to be missing something that made the one before it good... if that makes any sense...
dismaleuphony - 15.01.2009 at 01:40
I'm not one to wish they "return" to an era, I just want the band to start making music that doesn't have the indecisive feel that their last albums have had. It's really been since 2001's "Scourge of Malice" that I truly loved a Graveworm song... so that's too long and I think when bands "go back to their roots" it is forced or false. There is a ton of talent in the band and they have great sound, but I'll keep my expectations small here until a preview comes online.
Daggon - 15.01.2009 at 05:05
Oh great this is good news, I've been expecting them to record a new album, I want something new, fresh, some more Graveworm, I know that they can do it if they want to.
ms68 - 15.01.2009 at 21:33
The last album was not as bad as you said. maybe it was worse than former albums but it was good
Nyxgrinder - 16.01.2009 at 06:23
Written by annodomini on 14.01.2009 at 20:22

Wow, thats quite fast. I hope something much better than the last album.

that happen cause the band is so copycat*
lack of ideas and good stuff
Mull666 - 02.02.2009 at 01:47
Lets hope we get another scourge of malice here! that would be bloody awsome
ms68 - 16.03.2009 at 15:34
Written by Nyxgrinder on 16.01.2009 at 06:23

Written by annodomini on 14.01.2009 at 20:22

Wow, thats quite fast. I hope something much better than the last album.

that happen cause the band is so copycat*
lack of ideas and good stuff

copy cat? from what?
InnerSelf - 16.03.2009 at 17:12
Written by Nyxgrinder on 16.01.2009 at 06:23

Written by annodomini on 14.01.2009 at 20:22

Wow, thats quite fast. I hope something much better than the last album.

that happen cause the band is so copycat*
lack of ideas and good stuff

come on man ,graveworm are copy cats
maybe they werent that good in the last couple of albums but u dont feel that they are copying any one
Xeros612 - 20.03.2009 at 19:31
I wouldn't say Graveworm is unoriginal, or "copy cat" as you term it. They may do a lot of covers, some of which being pretty odd(R.E.M.? Bonnie Tyler?), but they still manage to have a relatively original symphonic black metal sound. I actually hope they continue the more experimental approach they did with Collateral Defect, albeit without some of the worse moments. (Clean singing guest vocalist, I can deal with, but when that guest vocalist starts throwing about metalcore screams in symphonic black metal.... just no.)

News Dark Funeral - To Enter Studio Next Month 7 04.06.2009 by Uirapuru
News The Vision Bleak - Enter The Studio Next Month 7 25.01.2007 by Bas
News Becoming The Archetype - Enter The Studio Next Month 7 15.09.2010 by mikeprado30
News Battlecross - To Enter The Studio Next Month 7 30.01.2013 by Kuroboshi
News Hate - To Enter Studio Next Month 7 11.05.2010 by J. N.