The Graspop Metal Meeting organization have announced 17 more new names for Belgium's biggest open air metal festival, set to take place on 26, 27 and 28 June 2009 at Dessel.

Friday: Mötley Crüe, Dream Theater, Down, Exodus, Pestilence, The Gathering, Buckcherry, Jon Oliva's Pain

Saturday: Slipknot, Hatebreed, Killswitch Engage, Lacuna Coil, Mastodon, Gojira, Black Stone Cherry

Sunday: Marilyn Manson, August Burns Red

All info on http://www.graspop.be.

Source: graspop.be
Event: Graspop Metal Meeting 2009

Posted: 12.02.2009 by Keventaa

Comments

enumaelis - 12.02.2009 at 20:43
Omg what a change!
Motley, Slipknot and M. Manson like the big bands of each day and then so much "modern" metal from USA!! :S:S:S
Baz Anderson - 12.02.2009 at 20:46
I think all the big festivals are commercial-ing it up this year.
Elegy - 12.02.2009 at 21:56
I have no problems with the heads, it doesnt always have to be those old timers like Iron Maiden, not that maiden is bad but hey a change is welcome
Marcel Hubregtse - 12.02.2009 at 21:59
A disgrace tat Mötley Crüe is the headliner instead of Heaven & Hell. Mötley Crüe were never popular AT ALL in Belgium or The Netherlands or the rest of Europe (except England) for that matter. Probbly some ego thing from the band demanding to be headliners.
Black Conundrum - 13.02.2009 at 04:17
I would go for only a few of the bands (not Motley Crue or Marilyn Manson), if I was in Belgium in June 2009, which most likely I won't be.
LeChron James - 16.02.2009 at 02:42
This sounds absolutely awful. minus dream theater and exodus.
HATCHETMAN - 16.02.2009 at 20:11
IS Saxon gonna be there. Seems to me they've paid their dues at this low rated event. They should be headlining over Motely Crue any day.
Koen Smits - 17.02.2009 at 09:29
Is it me or do you people also notice that this list sucks?
Marilyn Manson and Slipknot?
Marcel Hubregtse - 17.02.2009 at 09:51
Written by Koen Smits on 17.02.2009 at 09:29

Is it me or do you people also notice that this list sucks?
Marilyn Manson and Slipknot?

And Motley Cure, and Lacnua Coil...
Koen Smits - 17.02.2009 at 10:33
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 17.02.2009 at 09:51

Written by Koen Smits on 17.02.2009 at 09:29

Is it me or do you people also notice that this list sucks?
Marilyn Manson and Slipknot?

And Motley Cure, and Lacnua Coil...

And all headlining...
GT - 17.02.2009 at 17:57
Not the best headliners I've seen. I agree with Barry about commercial-ing it up a bit
brapp32 - 17.02.2009 at 18:09
Sounds pretty good minus dream threater,motley crüe and exodus.
sonofdeath - 17.02.2009 at 20:07
Yeah compared to last year this isn't what l wished for. exodus, dream theater and lacuna coil are good reasons to go as well. too bad that the headliners are a bit of a letdown... means more drinking between concerts then ^^
Mother_North - 18.02.2009 at 01:35
Motley crue :x I would be there if I could just to see Vince Neil
Thryce - 18.02.2009 at 11:50
Written by sonofdeath on 17.02.2009 at 20:07

I'm not even sure if I will be there with such a disappointing lineup...
Marcel Hubregtse - 18.02.2009 at 12:23
Written by Mother_North on 18.02.2009 at 01:35

Motley crue :x I would be there if I could just to see Vince Neil

He is really fat and bloated nowadays
Doc Godin - 18.02.2009 at 12:48
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 18.02.2009 at 12:23

Written by Mother_North on 18.02.2009 at 01:35

Motley crue :x I would be there if I could just to see Vince Neil

He is really fat and bloated nowadays

And he can't carry a tune in a bucket. Saw them live twice, both times all other problems with the show (and there were plenty) were all overshadowed by Vinces voice-cracks.

This video makes Vince sound great in comparison to the times I saw him:

At least back then he could probably blame his feline-shoved-into-a-duffel-bag voice on all the coke making his throat swell, now whats his excuse? He's supposedly sober.

After the second time seeing them fail live it kind of ruined the band for me, every time I listen to them now all I can think of is how ripped-off I felt after paying to see them.

.....And yes, this festival is looking pretty shit-tastic so far.
Mother_North - 18.02.2009 at 20:42
Written by Doc Godin on 18.02.2009 at 12:48

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 18.02.2009 at 12:23

Written by Mother_North on 18.02.2009 at 01:35

Motley crue :x I would be there if I could just to see Vince Neil

He is really fat and bloated nowadays

This video makes Vince sound great in comparison to the times I saw him:

.....And yes, this festival is looking pretty shit-tastic so far.

Please not that video, Vince hair is so ugly (I am a girl so I notice these things )
I have never saw them, I think they never came to Portugal

News Graspop Metal Meeting 2010 - First Names Announced 9 23.11.2009 by The Shape 1973
News Graspop Metal Meeting - First Headliner Announced: Slipknot 7.5 06.12.2010 by Koen Smits
News Graspop Metal Meeting - More Bands Confirmed 7.5 09.12.2010 by Lit.
News Graspop Metal Meeting 2009 - First Bands Confirmed 7.5 05.01.2009 by DrunkenFuck
News Graspop Metal Meeting 2008 - First Bands Announced 7.5 22.12.2007 by Warman