...Time's up, everyone. We hope you have cast your votes already, because if you haven't already, it's officially too late.

Now it is time to take a look at the results! Click on the big banner on the frontpage to see them, or follow this link. In case you're wondering, the album mentioned in green letters under each category is the album you voted for (if you voted in the that category), the album displayed in dark letters is the winner. Click on the category for more details.

For all your comments - here's the appropriate place to drop them. The Staff picks will be announced soon.

- The Metal Storm Staff

Source: metalstorm.ee

Posted: 01.03.2009 by Lucas

Comments

Ellrohir - 01.03.2009 at 02:43
Correct me if i am wrong, but arent there huge mistakes in urls? in half of categories there are two album names - one highlighted as url, one plain text...
Lucas - 01.03.2009 at 02:49
Written by Ellrohir on 01.03.2009 at 02:43

"In case you're wondering, the highlighted album mentioned under each category is the album you voted for (if you voted in the that category), the album displayed in dark letters is the winner." ';)

You're right, this is confusing. I have asked Ivan to fix this, but unfortunately, he hasn't seen my message yet. This will be fixed ASAP.
Elio - 01.03.2009 at 13:15
I can't wait to know the results...well, I'm gonna view them
The Shape 1973 - 01.03.2009 at 13:50
Avantasia The scarecrow, the most slagged off album of last year, wins best power metal album.
Either most Avantasia fans are very quiet for most of the year, or it has grown on everybody. So much for people thinking Tobi had sold out.

Arkona, a women in a field, still waiting for something to happen.

Don't even get me started on Metallica.
Ellrohir - 01.03.2009 at 13:55
Written by Lucas on 01.03.2009 at 02:49

hm...now it seems even more confusing - what are the green ones? "vice-masters" ?
Hex_Omega - 01.03.2009 at 14:26
Written by Ellrohir on 01.03.2009 at 13:55

Written by Lucas on 01.03.2009 at 02:49

Your votes.
Elio - 01.03.2009 at 15:35
When are the MS Awards?
-DC-002- - 01.03.2009 at 18:28
Written by Elio on 01.03.2009 at 15:35

When are the MS Awards?

haha. that joke always makes me laugh.... seriously though. Are the Awards in July. I heard they where in July.
Toast - 01.03.2009 at 18:38
Lame, I haven't been on this site in a while and I forgot to vote .
Ellrohir - 01.03.2009 at 18:39
There are rumors about first of April

2Hex_Omega : thanks...now i see it is making sense ...i was "right" in 5 categories out of 24...nice
Valaskjalf - 01.03.2009 at 20:57
Yeah these "Awards" are bullshit....in the end the only reason why one band would win over another is if they're more well known or popular. Seriously stupid IMO.

Most of the winners are crap for instance Dark Throne's entry - the album is TERRIBLE but only got votes because most people freekin heard of them.

Ummm anyone care to explain how that album is better than "Monument" from Cor Scorpii? Yeah didnt think so cozz you dont know...
Ragana - 01.03.2009 at 21:21
Written by Valaskjalf on 01.03.2009 at 20:57

Oh, but simply there are a lot more guys like you thinking of how popular must be a band to get on top. And I totally agree that there were votes just for the band, not album, but honestly, how can you know if he's voting for band instead of release?
Also it's quite impossible to hear all these releases in ONE month (in case if you haven't heard more than a half of nominees) + value which one is the best. So that's why people vote even if they haven't heard other nominees although at the same time they surely know that "oh, this one *!@$@#* is purrrfect, I must vote for it!" I guess it's up to how many releases you have heard in the exact year.
Black Conundrum - 01.03.2009 at 23:37
I only voted in the alternative metal section. I was going to vote in more, but I never really got to it.
Heavyrocker - 03.03.2009 at 03:31
After seeing the results of best power metal and best video there's only one thing i have learned those awards are the result of many fashion metal fans ok and MS take the best drama hahahahahahaha so which one of MS Staff is going to accept it?
Ellrohir - 08.03.2009 at 12:16
All metal awards coming up from fan voting are ALWAYS "fashion metal fans made"...

News Metal Storm - The 2008 Awards Are Open! 10.5 01.02.2009 by Elio