In a recent interview with the Norwegian newspaper Dagbladet Varg Vikernes confirmed that he's soon to be released from prison. Here's what he said (roughly translated from Norwegian):

"I can confirm that I'm soon to be released" he told the paper.

The 36 year old will move to a small farm in Telemark, where his wife and 1,5 year old son has been living for the last couple of years.

"I barely haven't seen my son since he was born. Even though I hear his voice almost every day on the telephone it's really hard not to be present when he's growing up. I miss my family and I look forward to the day where I can work on the farm, make music, write books and be with my wife and child 24 hours a day - and live a normal family life."

To the question about him being ready for society, he responded:
"I'm ready for society - and I have been for many years. I've learned from my mistakes and I've become older. Now I just want to be with together with my family. My mind has never been imprisoned."

Source: dagbladet.no
Band profile: Burzum

Posted: 11.03.2009 by GT

Comments page 2 of 2

‹‹ Back to the News Pages: 1 [2]

-DC-002- - 12.03.2009 at 01:16
I wonder what kind of cake he's want me to bake him?.. Maybe one of Euronymouss face with a bunch of stab marks in it
Magatouve - 12.03.2009 at 03:40
How necro
Is he the same evil guy who murdered, burned, etc
The only cruel thing about him now is the irony: a notorious black metal die-hard becomes a devoted family man
"Praised be he who does not change"!!
By the way, when did his wife got pregnant from him? In prison? Is it allowed?
Dead Ohlin - 12.03.2009 at 04:21
Written by iaberis on 11.03.2009 at 17:46

Don't release the fucker! Keep him imprisoned for ever!

Im with you bro
Black Conundrum - 12.03.2009 at 05:13
This is very interesting news. I hope he has a good life post-prison. Also, on that thing about him having only a small amount of time in prison per se, I take no stance on whether he should stay or if he should go. Different nations have different criminal punishments. I wonder if he'll return to the music scene after a while. I wouldn't expect him to do it immediately, if at all, but that's his decision.
Englen - 12.03.2009 at 05:15
Written by Magatouve on 12.03.2009 at 03:40

How necro
Is he the same evil guy who murdered, burned, etc
"Praised be he who does not change"!!
By the way, when did his wife got pregnant from him? In prison? Is it allowed?

it's called a conjugal visit. and yes it's allowed, plus he had a few days where he got to leave prison not too long ago,... if I'm not mistaking.
Shadowcross - 12.03.2009 at 05:52
Last time he got let out, didnt they find him with all these guns, pipebombs, blueprints and shit and thats why they sent him back?

on another note, I thought Metalstorm didn't deal with NSBM
or does that rule get thrown out the window when it is appealing news for mallgoths?

oh well soon enough he'll be showing us what he's been playing on his little keyboard in jail all these years.
archbodom87 - 12.03.2009 at 06:42
Written by Dead Ohlin on 12.03.2009 at 04:21

Written by iaberis on 11.03.2009 at 17:46

Don't release the fucker! Keep him imprisoned for ever!

Im with you bro

yafor sure, he killed a guy!!! what the hell!
-DC-002- - 12.03.2009 at 06:54
Written by Guest on 12.03.2009 at 06:42

Written by Dead Ohlin on 12.03.2009 at 04:21

Written by iaberis on 11.03.2009 at 17:46

Don't release the fucker! Keep him imprisoned for ever!

Im with you bro

yafor sure, he killed a guy!!! what the hell!

what if they where wrong? Maybe Varg Killed him with love....
Daggon - 12.03.2009 at 07:24
Well, he has grown up, you know, ten years in prison is not like he went out to the grocery store for some milk and he returned home a bit late. Things can change in ten years... even his dedication to Burzum.
Zombie, M.D. - 12.03.2009 at 08:57
Written by Shadowcross on 12.03.2009 at 05:52

on another note, I thought Metalstorm didn't deal with NSBM

Since when is Burzum an NSBM band? It's a bunch of nerdy shit about LOTR. Racist people can make music with no racist connections.
insanity.peppers - 12.03.2009 at 09:36
I'm happy for him. If this article is true, I'm glad he's got his sight set on farming and being a father. I really doubt he'll make another Buzum album and if he does, it'll be for the $$. Don't care either way, just glad he's being released.
Ellrohir - 12.03.2009 at 10:00
Written by iaberis on 11.03.2009 at 17:46

Keep him imprisoned for ever!

why? he was punished according to the law and now, after serving the punishment, he will be released according to the law...in our country he probably wont even be in prison so long
Himann - 12.03.2009 at 10:33
Written by Nexus on 11.03.2009 at 20:02

Written by corrupt on 11.03.2009 at 19:35

Written by BitterCOld on 11.03.2009 at 19:11

I love the Norwegian "justice" system. it's bad enough that a "life sentence" is a measly 21 years to begin with, then granting parole to a guy who just a few years ago attempted to flee the country with enough military hardware to start his own militia is plain stupid.

i thought parole was reserved for good behavior...

BE is partially correct, depending upon what State he lived in, he'd either have life in prison (actual life, not 15 years) or would have been put down by now depending on whatever form of capital punishment that particular state opts for.

i honestly believe Varg getting out of prison is going to be a big disappointment to you Vargophiles. he's middle aged, and despite his radical past behavior, my guess is he's going to be horribly boring now.

And what exactly is wrong about a life sentence of 21 years? If you put every murderer away for life you'd give em no chance to redeem themselves and prove that they have changed. And no country in the world has the right to sentence a human being to death. No matter what he did. It's like the famous Gandalf quote from lotr. I've you can't give life back to the dead, don't be so quick about taking it away from the living. Anyone deserves a second chance and there have been people who did worse things than Varg released from prison and got theirs. A good justice system is one that allows people to change and takes that change into account. Not one that judges on moral absolutes and never looks back. That's against all that is human.

Right ... and then you look at some people who had murdered previously, had gained parole, only to murder again and again. Some people went on murdering sprees for years, got jailed at the very ends of their lives, only to die of natural causes in prison. That's fair, right? I think that's pretty ridiculous. Not saying that's going to be the case with Varg, as quite honestly I could not care less about him, but some people just don't deserve second chances.

I love how all of you non-Norwegians attempt to fathom the Norwegian Justice System and sprout absolute rubbish lol.. Hilarious..

For those who brought it up, he was allowed out of prison for short periods to meet his family, hence the wife and son.
..ExoTeaR.. - 12.03.2009 at 12:05
I wish him luck.
Nexus - 12.03.2009 at 13:47
Written by Himann on 12.03.2009 at 10:33

Written by Nexus on 11.03.2009 at 20:02

Written by corrupt on 11.03.2009 at 19:35

Written by BitterCOld on 11.03.2009 at 19:11

i thought parole was reserved for good behavior...

I'm not trying to 'fathom your system' at all. Not sure where you got that impression from. I'm just bitching about the fallacy of the justice system in general (although it's not always faulty), regardless of the country.
Himann - 12.03.2009 at 14:18
Written by Nexus on 12.03.2009 at 13:47

Written by Himann on 12.03.2009 at 10:33

Written by Nexus on 11.03.2009 at 20:02

Written by corrupt on 11.03.2009 at 19:35

Written by BitterCOld on 11.03.2009 at 19:11

i thought parole was reserved for good behavior...

The impression comes from the quotes above your post. It also wasn't aimed at only you, but all those who were involved in the particular discussion. If you read what they say and also readup on the details of the case, you'll understand why I said what I did.
corrupt - 12.03.2009 at 14:54
Written by Himann on 12.03.2009 at 14:18

I think you got that wrong. Like Nexus said, this discussion is not aimed at any particular justice system but at the moral aspects of an absolute-punishment jurisdiction. In fact the German system shows the same flaws that Nexus pointed out regarding cases of serial perpetrators being repeatedly set free. But that doesn't make it a bad system either. And I don't think any of us know jack about the Norwegian system, so why would we discuss that?
Inlé - 12.03.2009 at 15:25
Celebritising random murderer. Again. Yawn.
Dani5050 - 12.03.2009 at 17:13
So basically there are a bunch of people here happy that this freak is getting out and will enjoy his live as a free man and enjoy his family, he is gonna get a chance, the chance he didn't give Euronymous, to have child, a wife, a son. Now you can see why this kind of freaks are famous.
Ellrohir - 12.03.2009 at 17:43
He will be "famous" ever after no matter if he is in prison or free...lets see, if he will take the chance, he may get now...
Marcel Hubregtse - 12.03.2009 at 17:44
Written by Ellrohir on 12.03.2009 at 10:00

Written by iaberis on 11.03.2009 at 17:46

Keep him imprisoned for ever!

Actually he didn't serve the punishment. He was sentenced for 21 years and gets out BEFORE the time is up.
Ellrohir - 12.03.2009 at 18:02
Because he acts properly in prison, not like some aggressive jerk on drugs and doing mess everyday => he seems to be no danger for society => can be released eariler...

hundreds of criminals are released earlier from prison and you say nothing, just because you dont know them

and as i said - if i am not wrong, he served already about 14 years or so...in our country, 15 years is maximum penalty for murder, only in extreme cases (more of kills, children kills) can be more years given...and many criminals are receiving even less - for example : killed mother with small kid, while they were walking on pavement - he drove there, since he was drunken and under drugs, he drove w/o driving licence and he was banned from driving by court for previous crimes...his punishment? whole five years...because it wasnt murder, but "unwilling damaging health"

therefore i am really not finding Varg need to stay in prison longer...
Promonex - 12.03.2009 at 22:29
Written by Ellrohir on 12.03.2009 at 18:02

therefore i am really not finding Varg need to stay in prison longer...

Terrible example as it's, as you stated correctly, not a case of murder. Unless of course you meant to say that Euronymous' 23 stab wounds were just an accident as well.
Ellrohir - 12.03.2009 at 23:07
For me it is same as murder, when someone is driving drunken and even more under drugs...
metalhead3 - 13.03.2009 at 17:53
I think that is good for his fans,he will make new albums and that is good,but it is not good for other people,he is killer and it is bad if they released him before than he must be released,he made some murder,he killed someone
Byte666 - 13.03.2009 at 18:45
Yeah couple of years wasted in jail xD great life.
Rimfrost - 13.03.2009 at 23:50
I don't expect him to write more Burzum material, but time will tell. What people don't seem to understand is that he is not a random lunatic that kills innocent strangers, and that he probably is not dangerous to the norwegian society. He actually had a MOTIVE to kill the last time, just or not.
Ellrohir - 14.03.2009 at 09:16
Written by Rimfrost on 13.03.2009 at 23:50

he probably is not dangerous to the norwegian society

definitely not so dangerous as those kind of mad youngsters going on killing sprees in schools...

and btw crying about Euronymus...what sort of guy must he be, when his first thought when seeing Dead's body was "Damn, this would be nice cover art", second "I gotta buy myself a camera right now" and third "We should sell his skull pieces as amulets"...do you really feel so sorry for him? who knows who will be him today...maybe another Ihsan but maybe another Varg...
Daniel - 14.03.2009 at 13:23
Written by Dead Ohlin on 12.03.2009 at 04:21

Written by iaberis on 11.03.2009 at 17:46

Don't release the fucker! Keep him imprisoned for ever!

Im with you bro

l

lol.
Daniel - 14.03.2009 at 13:24
Who cares. they all played too much WoW & read too much lotr
winter song - 20.03.2009 at 23:14
Written by Daniel on 14.03.2009 at 13:24

Who cares. they all played too much WoW & read too much lotr

cause we all now WoW existed in the early 90's before the dawn of the PC and the internet.....
ZZVlad - 29.03.2009 at 22:25
Vikernes is not a middle-age man. he's still the same little boy who burns churchs for the lulz. long live this little child in his mind forever
Volunteer - 21.04.2009 at 18:35
The real black will soon be free again
... - 21.04.2009 at 20:42
I dont care that hes a murderer. I love his music and hope he gets out soon and continues to make music
and terrorize the mind slaves
Deadmeat - 06.05.2009 at 20:07
Written by ... on 21.04.2009 at 20:42

and terrorize the mind slaves

he can make music also in prison... this is not a reason to be released. he is a pussy that he killed a man. only stupid and coward people without a mind in their head do such things.
Smurfophagist - 06.05.2009 at 21:42
Written by Magatouve on 12.03.2009 at 03:40

How necro
Is he the same evil guy who murdered, burned, etc
"Praised be he who does not change"!!
By the way, when did his wife got pregnant from him? In prison? Is it allowed?

some say she is the reason he killed Euronymous.
... - 08.05.2009 at 18:31
Written by Deadmeat on 06.05.2009 at 20:07

Written by ... on 21.04.2009 at 20:42

and terrorize the mind slaves

all i really care about is the music and it would be cool to see him live in concert
Deadmeat - 08.05.2009 at 18:37
Written by ... on 08.05.2009 at 18:31

Written by Deadmeat on 06.05.2009 at 20:07

Written by ... on 21.04.2009 at 20:42

and terrorize the mind slaves

that's another thing... i dont know if this could happen but generally talking his actions make him deserving where he is now..
... - 08.05.2009 at 18:46
Written by Deadmeat on 08.05.2009 at 18:37

Written by ... on 08.05.2009 at 18:31

Written by Deadmeat on 06.05.2009 at 20:07

Written by ... on 21.04.2009 at 20:42

and terrorize the mind slaves

well... after a muerder conviction hes not likely to get a visa to perform in the usa anyways
Konrad - 23.05.2009 at 17:31
I think that Norway knows what a prison is actually supposed to be, a CORRECTIONAL facility, not a punishment facility, like our fucked up prisons in America. Hails to Norway and Varg.
Lord_Regnier - 23.05.2009 at 17:34
Written by ... on 08.05.2009 at 18:46

well... after a murder conviction hes not likely to get a visa to perform in the usa anyways

Burzum never played live, so it makes no difference anyway.
Linak - 25.05.2009 at 10:23
Apparently in Norway, second degree murder is 'relative'
Smurfophagist - 25.05.2009 at 10:43
Second degree murder ist krieg.
floydiac - 26.05.2009 at 00:37
If he is not going to pose a threat to anyone, he should be released. Retribution is a pathetic reason to keep someone in prison. As for the initial crime, not that it is forgivable, but it;s not as if he wasn't provoked.

I wholeheartedly support this decision, and if he thrives in life that is a good thing.

Pages: 1 [2]