Official press release

Originally the brainchild of Arjen Lucassen's (Ayreon, Star One...), Stream Of Passion is now ready to release their second studio album. "The Flame Within" leaves its predecessor in the dust thanks to maturer songwriting that presents a further developed band able to give Gothic Metal a newfound profundity. Carried by Marcela Bovios' fantastic vocal lines, Stream of Passion delivers the entire spectrum of human emotions-at times dreamy and melancholic, at others uninhibited and forward pressing. In this way, heavy riffs merge with romantic undertones in majestic unity. Jens Bogren's (Fascination Street Studios) mastering work allows the tracks' subtle nuances to come into play. "The Flame Within" is more than a loosely arranged sequence of songs, but rather a holistic Gothic Metal masterpiece complete with mystic elements and sonorous symphonic romanticism.

"The Flame Within" [cover artwork] tracklisting:

Release date: May 29, 2009

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Band profile: Stream Of Passion

Posted: 29.03.2009 by White Winter Sun

Comments

Zmaj Ognjeni Vuk - 29.03.2009 at 15:59
Interesting, I didn't even know they were working on a new album. I'm not sure if I like the cover.
Abattoir - 29.03.2009 at 16:17
Their first debut product wasn't bad at all, so will see what will come from this one...

This album cover doens't look to special.
Bas - 29.03.2009 at 16:43
With a new keyboard and guitarist (both of them having been really awesome on the SoP debut) and without Arjen helping out in the songwriting department they're probably a completely new band so I won't hold my hopes all too high for now...

Still I'll definitely give it a try when it comes out, could be really lame but perhaps they'll manage to get close to the first album again
Promonex - 29.03.2009 at 19:02
I actually hold Marcela's works without Arjen (Elfonía) in higher regards than those with him (SoP). Really looking forward to this one
Lupas - 29.03.2009 at 20:09
It is strange that nothing have been said about this project. But i'm glad that this band will gives us another album .
Dark Blood - 29.03.2009 at 20:11
Im curious about this one, now that they're not with Arjen anymore I wanna know how well can they handle this new album. I hope it'll be good.
Black Conundrum - 29.03.2009 at 21:08
I hope this album is a rather great one. I've heard some songs off of their debut album, and they were nice. Marcela Bovio is a nice singer. By the way, the cover isn't bad, but I wouldn't regard it as oe of my favorites per se.
Hrothdane - 30.03.2009 at 05:54
The first album had some great songs on it, so I have my hopes for the new album. I must say, the name plus the cover art have me intrigued. The song titles don't tell me much though.
Angel_Lament - 30.03.2009 at 13:40
The artwork isnt so good... but the tracklist looks promising!
Dane Train - 03.04.2009 at 07:27
WHAT THE HECK!? They stole my title!!! GGRRR!!! The Flame Within.
dismaleuphony - 03.04.2009 at 08:48
If the CD is anything as good as the description here, I'll be sure to be buying it. I am approaching this more of a debut than as a follow-up, as I expect it to sound quite different, so hopefully there will be a chance to hear the whole album online first

News Stream Of Passion - New Album Details Revealed 10.5 08.05.2011 by tirim4
News Stream Of Passion - New Album In April 9 01.03.2014 by Ruchesko
News Pathology - Stream New Song, Reveal New Album Details 7 11.07.2014 by Cynic Metalhead
News Silent Stream Of Godless Elegy - New Album Details 7 26.11.2010 by Dark†SymphonY
News Behold The Arctopus - Reveal New Album Details, Alter Name, Stream New Song 7 08.09.2012 by Mr. Doctor