Original news, posted on 02.04.2009

Faroese metallers Týr have posted online a new song, "Hold The Heathen Hammer High", on their MySpace page.

The song comes off the band's forthcoming album, entitled "By The Light Of The Northern Star", which will be released on May 29 in Europe via Napalm Records. The album was recorded in early 2009 on the band's native soil. Jacob Hansen mixed the new material and finishing touches were provided by the mastering experts at Finnvox.

UPDATED, on 16.04.2009

Faroese metallers Týr have posted online another new song, entitled "Northern Gate", on their MySpace page.

"Northern Gate" comes off the band's forthcoming album, "By The Light Of The Northern Star", which will be released on May 29 in Europe via Napalm Records.

UPDATE (thanks to Abattoir)

''Hold The Heathen Hammer High", the new video from Faroese metallers Týr, has been made available online.

"Hold The Heathen Hammer High" comes off the band's latest album, entitled "By The Light Of The Northern Star", which was released on May 29, 2009 via Napalm Records.

Source: myspace.com
Band profile: Týr

Posted: 11.07.2009 by Abattoir

Comments

Janne - 02.04.2009 at 18:06
I've already known this song
Harlequin - 02.04.2009 at 18:26
I find it kind of different somehow from their other stuff, but still likeable.
Ernis - 02.04.2009 at 19:23
The new song is musically of top quality and technique....the vocal part is also good although the lyrics in English are on the edge of sounding too much as cliché....I support the Faeroese language spirit kept up and expect to hear it from the other songs of the album....
csiga - 02.04.2009 at 19:35
There were earlier this song:

bard - 02.04.2009 at 23:05
I heard this song live. It was fun and catchy, but nowhere as deep and meaningful as their earlier songs.
worm_is_gloaming - 03.04.2009 at 06:46
Written by bard on 02.04.2009 at 23:05

I agree. It was stuck in my head after hearing it only once, during their live show when they played it. Usually Tyr songs take a longer time to fully unravel, and there's such a pleasure in unraveling them with repeated listens and feeling them expand and deepen. While I appreciate Tyr's effort for trying something different, I hope it's not a style that will predominate on their new album, and I certainly hope that Tyr is not going to abandon their rich song structures and weaving of meaningful traditional melodoes in favor of catchiness, simplicity, and accessibility. Knowing what I do about Heri Joensson, I hope I'm right to hope so!
benvolent - 03.04.2009 at 11:50
The problem I see, is the obviously hectic way these guys produce. Look, there was the ingenious album ragnarok in 2006, then land in 2008, which I like very much too, and then the new album recorded in early (!) 2009. I cannot imagine, when they find time for an inspirational break or even for themselves. I am afraid they are wretched out by their label. They have a rather rude contract, I guess. And that is not good for the music!
kayla - 03.04.2009 at 22:44
I completely agree with everything that's been said^.
I think they should slow down with producing albums and put a little more effort into their songs.
But none the less, It was great that they played this new song live and I'm looking forward to yet another Týr album!!
-Soulreaper- - 10.04.2009 at 02:30
Just listened to this song and it is really damn good in my opinion.
Thorhalla - 16.04.2009 at 18:44
Fuckin' yeah!!!!:maniac:
ODIN - 11.10.2009 at 22:06
Awesome song

News Týr - New Album Title And Artwork Revealed, New Song Online 9 22.07.2013 by Deinonychus
News Scar Symmetry - New Song Posted Online 5.5 14.05.2008 by FeskarN
News Iwrestledabearonce - New Song Streaming Online 5.5 22.07.2013 by LeChron James
News Elvenking - New Song Online 5.5 06.05.2014 by R Lewis
News Serj Tankian - New Song And Upcoming Album Preview Online 5.5 23.06.2012 by Dark Doom

Hits total: 2027 | This month: 11