Press release:

The world of Rock and Roll has one Metal God - Rob Halford. The multi-Gold and Platinum Producer, Songwriter, Vocalist has graced the world's largest stages for decades leading his revolutionary solo acts: Halford, Fight and the legendary Judas Priest.

Developing new standards for the Rock and Metal genres with blazing vocals, dynamic themes, adorned head-to-toe in glass, leather and steel - The Metal God is universally recognized as an artist whom continually inspires and drives today's global Hard Rock industry.

With an eye on defining consumer-fashions for today's Rock and Roll lifestyles, Metal God Entertainment and Rob Halford are pleased to debut a new garment entity: Metal God Apparel.

With Pre-sale beginning today and shipments commencing June 15, 2009 Metal God Apparel will debut dozens of new, edgy-designs this year for youth, teens, men and women. Metal God Apparel re-produced on custom-dyed, cotton tees integrating the newest fashion technology, resulting in an extremely attractive, lightweight, soft-to-touch, active-wear for today's global music audiences.

Please visit http://www.MetalGodApparel.com for more details.

Band profile: Halford

Posted: 28.04.2009 by Ivan

Comments

Valentin B - 28.04.2009 at 14:19
Cool stuff
bard - 28.04.2009 at 15:21
They have a viking looking thunder god t-shirt that says Zeus on it...discouraging.
Zergaloth - 28.04.2009 at 15:52
Why do they always try to fit the drawing all over the shirt. a well-placed single logo or drawing has much more power.
Ag Fox - 28.04.2009 at 16:03
Obviously because some ppl hv bad taste and they keep doing it to feed the market.
Zergaloth - 28.04.2009 at 16:43
Obviously
Valentin B - 28.04.2009 at 16:50
Bah, posers.. *starts listening to British Steel*
Eddie Misery - 28.04.2009 at 17:04
Judas Priest / Rob Halford are fucking awesome. But this...this just sucks.

I have a hard time finding anything new to wear for performing as it is, and while reading this I start thinking "oh cool, maybe some cool leather shit?"

I click the link and I'm greeted by a series of "fashionable" FAIL clothing.
Götter - 28.04.2009 at 18:05
Some of them are really good-looking - too bad they cost so much. And I do like shirts that have drawings all over them, at least if the drawing is well done and colorful. Like the shirts for Behemoth's newer albums.

But I was also expecting to find leather items here.
Icedburden - 28.04.2009 at 18:46
I like some of them as well....but really...50-60 bucks a shirt.....i might get a few but christ.....i dont think they'll be that popular with that kinda price
necrovamp - 28.04.2009 at 19:08
Written by bard on 28.04.2009 at 15:21

the zues design on the t shirt is what zeus is supposed to have looked like, it's only cus viking metal nicked the look that he looks like a viking....

They might add leather to the stock in time, they have only just started out...

To be honest, I don't think i'll be buying them, i ahven't got the money and more likley to spend what money I ahve on band T-Shirts
DrunkenFuck - 28.04.2009 at 19:22
Who wants a shirt that are filled to the brim with typical metalcore-ish artwork, that says "Metal God"?

You can bet your grandmother's cunt that I sure as hell won't.
WorpeX - 28.04.2009 at 19:46
I like them, too expensive though.
Abattoir - 28.04.2009 at 20:14
Well first of all, I definitely would not spent that kind of money for one shirt and second of all, these shirts do not look so good to me...
Bas - 28.04.2009 at 20:43
Some of them look shitty but there are some that I really like too
I'd probably buy them if they were a third of the price, lol
Paradox0 - 28.04.2009 at 20:53
How campy. Reminds me of alot of the boy tween shirts we sell at my job (and it a family friendly place mind you)
Inlé - 28.04.2009 at 21:04
Written by DrunkenFuck on 28.04.2009 at 19:22

You can bet your grandmother's cunt that I sure as hell won't.

My thoughts exactly. Bad styling...
Fat & Sassy! - 28.04.2009 at 21:29
Hahahahaha!!! Oh god, what the fuck?!
Feng - 28.04.2009 at 21:42
Some of the T-shirt designs remind me of some Guitar Hero art....
Can't say I will be seen wearing any of those.
BitterCOld - 28.04.2009 at 22:17
Written by Götter on 28.04.2009 at 18:05

But I was also expecting to find leather items here.

so was i... i came in ready to make some snarky remark about enabling metalheads to dress like they worked at an S&M shop.
corrupt - 28.04.2009 at 22:31
That's totally metal news...
LeChron James - 28.04.2009 at 23:24
Of course hes calling it Metal God apparel. would anyone expect anything less?
The Shape 1973 - 28.04.2009 at 23:53
Rob came out of the closet years ago, now he has reason to go back in.
insanity.peppers - 29.04.2009 at 00:30
They're not all bad. Problem is i can foresee them on the racks at Hot Topic, giving 'core kids another reason to feel validated: "we're wearing clothes designed by Rob Halford! He's like, a metal legend, right?"
Hrothdane - 29.04.2009 at 03:13
I was really disappointed that its just stupid over-priced t-shirts. Come on, Halford! You are Mr. Hell-Bent-for-Leather! This clothing just looks like generic stuff I could buy at JCPenny's or Hot Topic.
Introspekrieg - 29.04.2009 at 03:45
Much better shirt for a third of the price: http://www.cafepress.com/unibrown.47914128
Carrion Misery - 29.04.2009 at 16:32
I don't think 6 graders can relate to the slogan "metal god", but they sure can relate to the style. This might be the graphic artist in me, but I'm so damn tired of seeing those fonts! Especially in the "pray for metal" one.
wolf-dog - 29.04.2009 at 21:38
Where do you even start? This is terrible in every way imaginable.
GULCH OF ROT - 29.04.2009 at 22:43
Affliction has cooler stuff
ThunderAxe1989 - 30.04.2009 at 02:33
Written by The Shape 1973 on 28.04.2009 at 23:53

Rob came out of the closet years ago, now he has reason to go back in.

yeah, i don't much like it either.
Arian Totalis - 01.05.2009 at 01:46
First 3IOB now Him. God Damnit!
Doc Godin - 01.05.2009 at 11:02
Written by Arian Totalis on 01.05.2009 at 01:46

First 3IOB now Him. God Damnit!

I somehow doubt 3 Inches or Nike for that matter will charge those types of prices. Honestly, $65 for a t-shirt? Seriously? Are we paying for the manure the cotton plants are growing in now?

This is getting kind of disgusting. This is just a cash grab and a bit of an abuse of his own name. Anyone who acquires these articles of clothing through any means other than theft are pretty dumb.

Clothing line, cool. I'm never the first one to yell "shill" - but with those prices, its really hard not to. Maybe if they were charging 15-30 per t-shirt like most companies do, I'd understand, hell, maybe even purchase one, but unless the t-shirts are woven from the hair of Christ himself, thats bullshit.

I really don't think he understands that most metalheads are middle to lower middle class people...$65 t-shirts usually get you beat up or socially ostracized by other metalheads.
Introspekrieg - 05.05.2009 at 01:45
Written by Doc Godin on 01.05.2009 at 11:02

I beg to differ. I like metal and I make about $20 million a year in my vintage fencing & croquet equipment business. I bought 10 of each style of Halford's shirts...

I use them as poop rags for my elite French Mastiff's elite droppings. Only the finest in gaudy metal fashion for my canine...
Doc Godin - 05.05.2009 at 03:28
Written by Introspekrieg on 05.05.2009 at 01:45

Written by Doc Godin on 01.05.2009 at 11:02

I know your joking, but I'll correct myself anyways. Though I was slightly exaggerating, my point was that metal fans aren't typically known for spending that type of money on single articles of clothing.
Valentin B - 21.05.2009 at 12:36
I've checked the site again, some of these are really awesome to be honest, i'd totally buy a "Savior" if i had the cash. though i agree the pricing after june 15th is pretty high. 35$ is pretty much what a Hard Rock Cafe shirt costs here, and they're of really great quality
Doc Godin - 29.07.2013 at 21:50
Lol. I just revisited this. All the t-shirts are marked down to $10 for the most part. Endeavor failed, Rob.

News Halford - New Video Online 6 16.09.2010 by Array