Original news, posted on 10.05.2009

An e-card for "Darkest Day", the forthcoming album from US metallers Obituary, can be found at this location.

"Darkest Day" is scheduled for release on June 30 via Candlelight Records. The cover art was done by Andreas Marschall, who created the art for "The End Complete", "Frozen In Time", and the band's lastest album, "Xecutioner's Return".

"Darkest Day" [cover art] tracklisting:

01. List Of Dead
02. Blood To Give
03. Lost
04. Outside My Head
05. Payback
06. Your Darkest Day
07. This Life
08. See Me Now
09. Fields Of Pain
10. Violent Dreams
11. Truth Be Told
12. Forces Realign
13. Left To Die

UPDATE (thanks to Deadmeat)

Obituary have posted a new song online called "List Of Dead". Check it out here. The song comes from the band's upcoming album "Darkest Day", which will be released on June 30 via Candlelight Records.

Source: candlelightrecords.co.uk
Band profile: Obituary

Posted: 04.06.2009 by White Winter Sun

Comments

Deadmeat - 10.05.2009 at 13:58
The first song looks nice but the other two not so...

let's see...
SlaytallicA - 10.05.2009 at 15:23
Yeah, now I have a bad feeling about this album...
Morcant - 10.05.2009 at 16:53
This will be a great album!! love the beginning of the first song and the massive drumwork on the second track m/
Uirapuru - 10.05.2009 at 17:31
As always a very awesome cover art

The songs reminded me a lot of Biohazard (without the rap vocals of course), especially ''Blood to give'', that also has a cool tribal percussion.
Good stuff.
Richard - 11.05.2009 at 01:58
I suppose Obituary are unlikely to ever sound quite as disgustingly necrotic as they did on the first 3 albums again. But the clips here are still pretty good, particularly Payback. I hope the new album has some really slow stuff on there too.
Astorethein - 13.05.2009 at 15:05
After listening these cilps I guess that the entire album will be average at least or a rather good at most but it's hard to say anything certain before the album is out. I don't think that it will be a masterpiece but I believe that I won't need to be disappointed.
lordz - 14.05.2009 at 19:04
I love all three tracks... is it me or does John Tardy sound different?
Deadmeat - 04.06.2009 at 11:16
Now that i hear the whole song I love it more!!

News 1349 - Album E-Card Online 5.5 28.04.2009 by LeChron James