The following statement has been released on the official Dark Tranquillity website:

"Time to let you in on the plans for our upcoming ninth (or tenth, depending on how you count) full-length album. The as-yet-untitled beast will be recorded in September and October and released in early 2010 through Century media records.

We'll keep the recording setup completely in-house this time. Drums will be tracked in Daniel Antonsson's studio, while the remaining instruments will be immortalized in Martin Brändström's newly renovated Rogue music facilities. The mixing duties will once again be handled by Tue Madsen in his Antfarm studio in Denmark.

As for the music itself, it's a bit too early to delve into details, but the material feels diverse and fresh and covers all the facets of the D.T. sound. Those who are familiar with our songwriting process know that we always keep re-arranging and experimenting with the material until the recording starts, and while we currently have the basic foundations for around 10 songs, many things are still open. The final result is likely to surprise ourselves as well as you people.

Some tentative song titles are "I Am The Void", "Zero Distance", "The Burden Of Love Alive", "Archangelsk" and "Memories In Reverse", though these are subject to change as usual.

Well, more news will follow in due time..."

Source: darktranquillity.com
Band profile: Dark Tranquillity

Posted: 04.07.2009 by Haddonfield

Comments

Valaskjalf - 04.07.2009 at 11:31
Here we go again with another band who is following the whole Amon Amarth musical approach of churning out the same shit over and over. They might as well call this next album "damagedone-character-fiction" because thats exactly what its gonna sound like. Lame
Uirapuru - 04.07.2009 at 11:40
Another one to the wishlist.... The theme looks the sasme as always..
Elio - 04.07.2009 at 12:41
Written by Valaskjalf on 04.07.2009 at 11:31

It's their ninth album...so you'd put more and over and over and over.
kea - 04.07.2009 at 12:44
Good news, I kinda like their last album "Fiction".
As for Amon Amarth, their last album really sucks IMO. All songs sound the same and lame.
Can't say this about DT, they create good stuff as always.
Janne - 04.07.2009 at 13:06
Hell yeah!
Taktsekte - 04.07.2009 at 13:23
Dark Tranquillity has never let me down. I'm curious about how they'll innovate after "Inside the Particle Storm"...
lord artan - 04.07.2009 at 14:02
Oh myyyyyyyyyyyy god i love i need album
:banger2::banger2::banger::banger:
BloodTears - 04.07.2009 at 14:56
Can't wait.
altercuca - 04.07.2009 at 15:48
BRING IT ON>>>@@@@!!!!!
Vitriolic Hate - 04.07.2009 at 16:18
Hmmm let's see........!!!
selken - 04.07.2009 at 18:18
Written by Valaskjalf on 04.07.2009 at 11:31

I don't understand... most metal fans are so hard to keep satisfied... acussing In Flames from selling out and Dark Tranquillity for sticking to what they do the best...

anyway DT pwns and I cannot wait till March
Forsaker - 04.07.2009 at 18:34
Waiting !!!!!
AiwiAstwihad - 04.07.2009 at 18:48
Awesome!
Darkside Momo - 04.07.2009 at 19:03
Written by Taktsekte on 04.07.2009 at 13:23

Same here!
FeskarN - 04.07.2009 at 19:11
Finally! Can't wait!!
HitokiriNate85 - 04.07.2009 at 19:18
I look forward to any new material from them, but I would like to see them really switch things up. With their current sound, I think they basically peaked at Damage Done, though Character was great and I still enjoyed Fiction. DT was great live when I saw them, and I'd love to see them put out something really fantastic before I(hopefully) see them again.

As it stands now, I'm definitely looking forward to the new Insomnium more.
Fhuesc - 04.07.2009 at 20:27
This week has been awesome, Skyfire, Nightwish, Insomnium, Ensiferum and now this. I wish all weeks were like this one.
Valaskjalf - 04.07.2009 at 21:18
Written by selken on 04.07.2009 at 18:18

Written by Valaskjalf on 04.07.2009 at 11:31

anyway DT pwns and I cannot wait till March

Well there isnt only two ways of going about it...bands dont either sell out or stick to what they know, theres more to it than that. A band can progress and become better at what they do without selling out. From a musical point of view In Flames became worse, DT from a musical point of view became stagnant.

But yea i guess it is difficult to keep some of us satisfied, dont really like it much when bands become predictable.
Black Conundrum - 04.07.2009 at 22:38
I will be looking forward to this album getting out in early 2010. I hope it's a nice one.
tulkas - 05.07.2009 at 02:00
Looking forward to it as well. After their gig here I started to like them even more "I Am The Void" and "The Burden Of Love Alive" sound nice song titles.
Super_Greg - 05.07.2009 at 14:17
Written by kea on 04.07.2009 at 12:44

Good news, I kinda like their last album "Fiction".
Can't say this about DT, they create good stuff as always.

I thought the newest Amon Amarth was a bit of a letdown as well, but I have faith in DT to put out something awesome
metalmistress04 - 06.07.2009 at 00:02
Wooo!
kayla - 06.07.2009 at 09:53
Awesome!
Shadowcross - 06.07.2009 at 12:08
Written by Valaskjalf on 04.07.2009 at 11:31

If you don't like them, why comment? Just wonder because you say it is 'shit'.

I hope it sounds the same. I love DT...
These song titles are typical for them yes, but each DT album is different enough from each other to make them unique in their own right!

If it is as least as good as Fiction I will be happy.
-Morbid- - 06.07.2009 at 13:31
These guys haven't really excited me too much since Damage Done, but I still enjoy them and am interested in how this album will turn out.
MeloDeathViking - 06.07.2009 at 16:15
Fuckin awesome! I love these guys, and their last few have been some of my favorite albums, so I'm definitly looking forward to this one!
Valaskjalf - 06.07.2009 at 17:27
Written by Shadowcross on 06.07.2009 at 12:08

Written by Valaskjalf on 04.07.2009 at 11:31

If you don't like them, why comment? Just wonder because you say it is 'shit'.

I hope it sounds the same. I love DT...

If it is as least as good as Fiction I will be happy.

I feel I have a right to comment because im not commenting as a noob or someone who's only heard them once. Im commenting as someone who used to love Damage Done and their former works. All just became a bit stale...Im pretty sure it would be pointless to make a "comments" section if criticism is a taboo. "Here's what I do, but please you must love it, otherwise fuck off"....uhh no
Abattoir - 06.07.2009 at 18:13
Lovely news Looking forward to of course.
lord artan - 06.07.2009 at 22:19
God help me i can not wait
Deadmeat - 08.07.2009 at 11:59
Great this will surely be a great album!!! dt never dissapoints us!
Shadowcross - 08.07.2009 at 18:38
Written by Valaskjalf on 06.07.2009 at 17:27

Written by Shadowcross on 06.07.2009 at 12:08

Written by Valaskjalf on 04.07.2009 at 11:31

Fair enough... Damage Done is still as good as it ever was IMHO
reload3591 - 14.11.2009 at 06:02
Calling anything that DT has released 'shit' is simpleminded at best.

News Dark Tranquillity - New Album Title Revealed 9 28.11.2009 by BloodTears