Midnattsol have issued the following update through their MySpace blog:

"Recently we told you the happy news, that our guitarist Fabian Pospiech became father of a little son. Such events always also bring some changes in life, thus Fabz decided to concentrate increasingly on his family and his new job. Unfortunately this also means that Fabz won't be able to play at Midnattsol any longer. We can understand his decision very well and wish him all the best and good luck for the future!

Thus it also means for us now: Midnattsol search for a new guitarist!

To complete the line-up and blast off again we are searching for a band experienced and creative guitarist. Do you already have live experience, are you motivated and ready for headbanging? Then please write to newguitarist [at] midnattsol [dot] com and give us a short description about yourself (if possible with a picture) and what you have musically done so far.

What you can expect at us? A record deal, a rehearsal room at Ludwigsburg near Stuttgart, festivals and tours and of course us, a bunch of Midnattsols that like to party. We are currently writing songs for our third album and would be happy if you immediately join us with this and at the forthcoming Metal Female Voices Fest in Belgium. Musicians from Ludwigsburg / Stuttgart and the greater region will be preferred.

Metal on!"

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Band profile: Midnattsol

Posted: 11.07.2009 by White Winter Sun

Comments

Ozman - 11.07.2009 at 15:17
Norwegian metallers?
Why Norwegian? Most of the band are from Germany, they recide in Germany, as far as I know only the vocalist is orignally Norwegian.
White Winter Sun - 11.07.2009 at 16:02
Written by Ozman on 11.07.2009 at 15:17

Norwegian metallers?

I know that the band is a German/Norwegian formation (indeed mostly German rather than Norwegian currently). I put Norwegian in the news in agreement with their band profile here. Maybe it should be updated too.

Anyway, the tendentious sentence is now replaced in the news
Black Conundrum - 11.07.2009 at 22:35
Man, the new guy left the band. I wish the best of luck to him. I was wondering if the guy was Daniel Droste who left; that would equally suck. Well, I hope the next guitarist is a great one.
Doc Godin - 12.07.2009 at 01:01
Written by Black Conundrum on 11.07.2009 at 22:35

I was wondering if the guy was Daniel Droste who left; that would equally suck.

I was hoping it was him, just so he could put all his focus into Ahab.
Ozman - 12.07.2009 at 16:31
Written by Doc Godin on 12.07.2009 at 01:01

Written by Black Conundrum on 11.07.2009 at 22:35

I was wondering if the guy was Daniel Droste who left; that would equally suck.

I was hoping it was him, just so he could put all his focus into Ahab.

Exactly. I don't understand how he can make such great music with Ahab and totally crap music with Midnattsol. Probably a case of Jeckyll & Hyde goign on with the guy
dismaleuphony - 13.07.2009 at 08:20
Best of luck to finding a great replacement; I'm really looking forward to seeing the band at MFVF in a few months
Elodie Artour - 13.07.2009 at 15:15
Well, I wish both the band and the fellow member best of luck!

News Visceral Bleeding - Part Ways With Guitarist & Seek Replacement 10 12.09.2008 by Baz Anderson
News The Faceless - Part Ways With Guitarist, Announce Replacement 8.5 06.03.2012 by Skyum
News Sirenia - Part Ways With Guitarist, Announce Replacement 8.5 20.05.2008 by WorpeX
News Madder Mortem - Part Ways With Guitarist, Replacement Announced 8.5 13.08.2010 by dismaleuphony
News Abandoned - Part Ways With Guitarist, Replacement Announced 8.5 16.07.2008 by LeChron James