Petter Karlsson wasn't only taking care of the drums in Therion for over four years. He was also a singer, guitarist, head composer, co-producer and recording engineer on Therion's 13th album "Gothic Kabbalah", by many considered to be the best Therion album.

Over 200 shows later, it was time to create something of his own. He quit Therion and in the year 2008, he started a new exciting project and began composing maybe his best songs ever...

In Petter's own words: "the last year I've received hundreds of mails from fans begging me to come up with something new", and he continues, "this is the first time
ever, I've been able to put 110% effort, commitment, blood and tears into my music without any compromises."

Now it's time to proudly present Holocoaster!

Three songs called "Another Day - Another Victim", "Father Doom" and "Holocoaster" are streaming over at http://www.myspace.com/holocoaster.

The band's very first video clip for "Another Day - Another Victim"- directed and produced by Petter Karlsson himself - can be watched below.

Source: myspace.com
Band profile: Therion

Posted: 24.07.2009 by Thryce

Comments

Collin - 24.07.2009 at 13:13
I'd like to know exactly who the many who consider Gothic Kabbalah to be Therion's best album are...
Metal Maiden - 24.07.2009 at 14:44
Hmm...I see a touch of King Diamond here and there...Rob Halford also...and System Of A Down too, especially in the video The Hannibal Lecter mask is totally unnecessary though, the drummer looks ridiculous with it...Can't say I'm too impressed, but they're not so bad either...
Super_Greg - 24.07.2009 at 15:17
Written by Collin on 24.07.2009 at 13:13

my thoughts exactly lol
Orphan Saint - 24.07.2009 at 15:20
Agreed, Gothic Kabbalah was excellent, but not their greatest work. Then again, I'm sure that statistic is based on sales. And either way, in the end it's all just a matter of opinion.

I don't really have a relative response to this article other than to say, this does nothing for me.
RhaegarTargaryen - 24.07.2009 at 15:26
Written by Collin on 24.07.2009 at 13:13

Me, for instance .. and I know many others, so ...
Uirapuru - 24.07.2009 at 17:01
Gothic Kabbalah is their best in my opinion too!

I'm many!
Written by Metal Maiden on 24.07.2009 at 14:44

Its hard to see what doesnt looks ridiculous in this clip... the song is ok.
PM - 24.07.2009 at 17:30
Yeah, although its not my favourite style, i admire what he did, because i think its how music should be: a reflection of an artist's soul and thoughts; good music for who creates it, and that's enough...
Icedburden - 24.07.2009 at 20:07
It reminds me of Dream Evil.
Big E - 24.07.2009 at 20:59
Doc Godin - 24.07.2009 at 22:06
Something about those vocals really piss me off.
LeChron James - 25.07.2009 at 02:06
Written by Doc Godin on 24.07.2009 at 22:06

Something about those vocals really piss me off.

yeah man, theyre extraordinarily obtrusive.
lemuria19 - 25.07.2009 at 02:53
Gothic Kaballah is by far my least favorite release of theirs...I've tried hard to like it, but it just does nothing for me. I hope Therion will continue with its former sound.
Uirapuru - 25.07.2009 at 18:59
Vocals reminded me of that Sinergy's singer..
Daggon - 25.07.2009 at 23:35
Therion's best album? Not in my world, it is a very good album by itself, but compared to previous works, it has less balls, still I like it.
And about Holocoaster, well we'll have to see the final product, sounds a lot like King Diamond.
jadawal - 18.08.2009 at 16:31
I give the song a generous 6.5/10 since it sounded somewhat original, but, the video was horrible. The best part about the song was the drumming which I can hear from most death/black bands, without the hilarious (imo) vocals. I really enjoyed GK but this is obviously nothing like it, a huge step down for me.

News Pretence - New Band Of Former The Old Dead Tree Members 5.5 11.08.2010 by Marcus
News Melissa Ferlaak - Former Singer Launches New Band 5.5 07.11.2013 by mariano
News Hangover Hero - New Band Ft. Former Delain, Epica, After Forever Members 5.5 04.08.2010 by BudDa
News Korn - Former Guitarist Brian "Head" Welch Forms New Band, New Song Online 5.5 08.04.2012 by Dylan
News Trail Of Tears - Former Vocalist Rejoins The Band 4 01.02.2007 by Katatronik