Slayer's new album, "World Painted Blood", won't be out until October, but some folks have already heard it. Former Metal Edge editor-in-chief Phil Freeman is one of them. According to his track-by-track rundown, tracklisting of "World Painted Blood" will look like this:

01. World Painted Blood
02. Unit 731
03. Snuff
04. Beauty Through Order
05. Hate Worldwide [Listen]
06. Public Display Of Dismemberment
07. Human Strain
08. Americon
09. Psychopathy Red [Listen]
10. Playing With Dolls
11. Not Of This God

Freeman's final verdict reads as follows: "A lot of people say Slayer hasn't really been great since "Seasons in the Abyss". Those people are wrong. The Paul Bostaph years had a lot to recommend them ("Diabolus in Musica" is a seriously underrated album), and "Christ Illusion" showed that Slayer could experiment with dissonance and melody, and kick their own playing and songwriting up a notch when they wanted to. The band members have given a lot of interviews talking about how a lot of this album was written in the studio. Listening to it, you can't tell. That's really impressive. Much the way Metallica's "Death Magnetic" combined the thrash of their early years with the hard-rock grooves of their 1990s work, "World Painted Blood" builds on the success of every Slayer album before it. It's not a legacy-polishing effort; it's the next step in a still-ongoing journey. Highly recommended."

The complete song-by-song article of Slayer's tenth full-length album can be read here.

Source: music.msn.com
Band profile: Slayer

Posted: 20.08.2009 by Thryce

Comments

Galar - 20.08.2009 at 21:59
Sounds cool maybe ill get it
Uirapuru - 20.08.2009 at 22:03
Pretty hateful.. good..
BreadGod - 20.08.2009 at 22:39
Does the track 'Public Display of Dismemberment' sound more like the title to a brutal death metal song to any of you? I'm just wondering.
Kingface - 21.08.2009 at 03:40
Written by BreadGod on 20.08.2009 at 22:39

I thought the same thing when I saw that song title!

Hope that this is a great album. I did quite like Christ Illusion (definitely more so than God Hates Us All) so hopefully they've built on that and taken it further.
tulkas - 21.08.2009 at 08:15
Hate Worldwide and Psychopathy Red sound great, and the review is really encouraging, so I'm convinced this will be a great album. I hope so
-Morbid- - 21.08.2009 at 09:10
I like Psychopathy Red, but Hate Worldwide doesn't impress me much, although I still have high hopes for this album.
Paradox0 - 21.08.2009 at 10:05
I was worried that Psychopathy Red would be the opening track, but it looks like something put in the middle of an overal chaotic album. Interested.

"The Paul Bostaph years had a lot to recommend them ("Diabolus in Musica" is a seriously underrated album)"
Nice to know someones else actually agress with me on this one.
LeChron James - 21.08.2009 at 11:15
I'lll get it if i've been drinking. and if its anything like death magnetic, i'll avoid it like rape.
Super_Greg - 21.08.2009 at 11:49
Written by LeChron James on 21.08.2009 at 11:15

^^^^^
Abattoir - 21.08.2009 at 14:21
Well these two songs sounds promising. I will probably get this album...
terrorist - 21.08.2009 at 15:25
Not of this God i like the title very much,Well there's no doubt about slayer it's going to be standard thrash Slayer metal.
Syk - 21.08.2009 at 16:31
Written by Paradox0 on 21.08.2009 at 10:05
Nice to know someones else actually agress with me on this one.
Same here, whoo

Though going by his last lines, Freeman is probably just upset at reports this will be the band's final album. I doubt I'll be buying it any time soon, so thanks for posting the news - I took the free opportunity to hear Psychopathy and didn't know about the other, but now I can with that

edit 2 weeks later - damn, am I glad Psychopathy is on this album... Hate Worldwide sounds almost as bad as Ektomorf
Daggon - 21.08.2009 at 17:12
Well we just have to wait to listen the whole thing, surely it will be awesome
Dangerboner - 22.08.2009 at 21:09
Ugh he compared it to Death Magnetic
Mr. Doctor - 22.08.2009 at 21:59
Written by Dangerboner on 22.08.2009 at 21:09

Ugh he compared it to Death Magnetic

Haha, it's a surprise for me that your the first one that maked a comment about that part.
I mean... If you want to make sure people have expectatives then don't compare it to Death Magnetic, seriously.
Dangerboner - 22.08.2009 at 22:42
Well maybe there is a similarity:

Death Magnetic = hairy vagina cover
Slayer - "World Painted Blood"

hmmm interesting
Mr. Doctor - 22.08.2009 at 23:09
We have to see the artwork to confirm it
Deadmeat - 26.08.2009 at 20:21
Average tracklisting. also really average songs... slayer should think about retirement... i really hope they prove me wrong...
Bad English - 27.08.2009 at 23:50
People are wrighta ctualy Slayer hasnt re leased anything better how Seasons In The Abyss , non of leither labums isnt even close to other 80's but this 2 songs, well ok new Megadeth 2 songs is much better, but those aint bad to, maybe when I hear album I gonna like something from Slayer how Seasons album
Marcel Hubregtse - 27.08.2009 at 23:52
Written by Bad English on 27.08.2009 at 23:50

Seasons In The Abyss is actually quite a bad album most of the later albums are better than their attempt at writing a commercially viable album
Bad English - 27.08.2009 at 23:56
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 27.08.2009 at 23:52

Written by Bad English on 27.08.2009 at 23:50

I have hear all Slayer downloadet albums and I have Seasons , but mainly I like Seaons song from album, other dont know but this is one of rear 80's thrash bands what I dislike , name 20 I will like em all, but this I dont like

News Ayreon - New Album Tracklisting Revealed 5.5 03.11.2007 by ylside
News Sabaton - New Album Tracklisting Revealed 5.5 03.01.2008 by Bad English
News Megadeth - New Album Artwork And Tracklisting Revealed 5.5 09.09.2011 by
News Xandria - New Album Tracklisting Revealed 5.5 08.12.2011 by dismaleuphony
News In Flames - Upcoming Album Title And Tracklisting Revealed 5.5 14.01.2008 by Warman