Atmospheric metallers Anathema, London rockers Firebird and death metal trio Mithras are the final names to be added to this year's Damnation Festival.

Anathema and Firebird complete a heavyweight Jagermeister Stage which also includes Life of Agony, Destruction and Therapy? while Mithras will open a Terrorizer Stage crammed with extreme metal talent including a one off Lock-Up show, Mistress' last ever performance, a Rotting Christ exclusive and UK first for Australian black metallers Nazxul.

Damnation Festival will take place at Leeds University Union, on Saturday, October 24, 2009.

The complete line-up is: Life of Agony, Lock Up, Therapy?, Destruction, Anathema, Electric Wizard, Jesu, Rotting Christ, This Will Destroy You, Akercocke, A Storm of Light, Mistress, Negura Bunget, Minsk, Extreme Noise Terror, Manatees, The Gates of Slumber, And So I Watch You From Afar, Charger, Mithras, Firebird, Stand-Up Guy, Nazxul, and Rinoa.

Tickets are on sale now priced at £29.50 from http://www.leedstickets.com/, http://www.ticketline.co.uk/ and http://www.seetickets.co.uk/
Tickets are also on sale in Leeds at stores including Crash and Jumbo.

For more information visit the event page, the festival website or festival myspace.

Source: damnationfestival.co.uk
Event: Damnation Festival 2009

Posted: 26.08.2009 by Baz Anderson

Comments

Asitis - 27.08.2009 at 03:36
Wow. Anathema, Electric Wizard, Jesu, This Will Destroy You, Negura Bunget*, Minks AND The Manatees!
That is an most awesome epic atmospheric line-up. I'd kill to be there.

*for what is left of that band.. =/
Black Conundrum - 28.08.2009 at 02:44
There are some great bands in that line-up. I saw The Gates of Slumber live 13 days ago, and they were great.
Ozman - 28.08.2009 at 02:48
Written by Black Conundrum on 28.08.2009 at 02:44

Did they play any songs off their upcoming album?

And if so how were they? I really can't wait for it to be released tbh.
Black Conundrum - 28.08.2009 at 03:29
Written by Ozman on 28.08.2009 at 02:48

Written by Black Conundrum on 28.08.2009 at 02:44

Did they play any songs off their upcoming album?

And if so how were they? I really can't wait for it to be released tbh.

Yeah, they did announce that they would play songs off of the upcoming album. Unfortunately, I did not catch any of the song titles; sorry about that.
Ozman - 28.08.2009 at 03:31
Written by Black Conundrum on 28.08.2009 at 03:29

Written by Ozman on 28.08.2009 at 02:48

Written by Black Conundrum on 28.08.2009 at 02:44

Did they play any songs off their upcoming album?

And if so how were they? I really can't wait for it to be released tbh.

No problems there. But how did they sound? Like the songs of Conqueror? So, old school heavy metal with loads of doom influences and paying hommage to GOOD OLD Manowar?
Black Conundrum - 28.08.2009 at 03:48
Written by Ozman on 28.08.2009 at 03:31

Written by Black Conundrum on 28.08.2009 at 03:29

Written by Ozman on 28.08.2009 at 02:48

Written by Black Conundrum on 28.08.2009 at 02:44

Did they play any songs off their upcoming album?

And if so how were they? I really can't wait for it to be released tbh.

I thought they sounded great. They did remind me of old school doom metal; one of the guys (bassist) was wearing a Saint Vitus shirt. Yeah, the old school inspiration was definitely there. I enjoyed Karl Simon's guitar solos as well. He was so into the performance that one of his guitar strings broke. Fortunately, that was near the end of the last song, so it didn't screw anything up. I could tell that they enjoyed what they did up there. Also, I could've sworn that they did a cover of Children of the Grave by Black Sabbath, although I can't confirm that; maybe the riffs were similar. They did a marvellous show. There were five other bands that performed that night as well; it was great seeing them live as well.

News Motocultor Festival 2012 - Line-up Changes 4.5 23.07.2012 by Lokaeda
Events GBR, Leeds - Damnation Festival 2009 4.5 10.04.2009 by Baz Anderson
News Download Festival - Relive Download 2009 4.5 25.06.2009 by Xnoybis
Photo galleries Damnation Festival 2009 - Leeds, England, 24th October 2009 4.5 25.10.2009 by magatouve
Articles Damnation Festival 2009 - Leeds, England, 24th October 2009 4.5 25.10.2009 by magatouve

Hits total: 2059 | This month: 16