US metallers Manowar have issued the following update on their official website:

"The long awaited sequel of the "Hell On Earth" series is finally coming out on November 27, 2009.

"Hell On Earth V" will cover Manowar's recent world tours including Germany, Norway, Spain, Finland, Russia, Romania, Turkey, USA and Canada. It will feature live performances of old and new classics such as "Gloves Of Metal", "The Crown And The Ring", "Hand Of Doom", "Hymn Of The Immortal Warrior", "Father", "God Or Man" and many others.

Director Neil Johnson adds: "Picking up where the Earthshaker left off... "Hell On Earth V" covers the amazing "Demons Dragons & Warriors Tour" complete with onstage Vikings and all the craziness that happens behind the scenes of a Manowar show. I have done my best to show new and classic songs never captured on camera before, including the much-requested "Mountains" and songs from the new EP, "Thunder In The Sky". It will be a step above "Hell On Earth IV" in quality and spectacle."

The DVD will be available for pre-sale exclusively through Manowar's official merchandise shop: The Kingdom Of Steel.

More information and ordering details coming soon!"

Source: manowar.com
Band profile: Manowar

Posted: 07.09.2009 by Kallis Helmi

Comments

Ellrohir - 07.09.2009 at 16:19
I still like music by these guys, but fifth time same name of DVD? so original...maybe they are about to break another Guinness world record
Black_Handed - 07.09.2009 at 17:03
Written by Ellrohir on 07.09.2009 at 16:19

manowar and originality? are you sure you are talking about manowar?
Ellrohir - 07.09.2009 at 17:14
But since this it wasnt THAT bad, or?
Vitriolic Hate - 07.09.2009 at 17:27
Written by Black_Handed on 07.09.2009 at 17:03

Written by Ellrohir on 07.09.2009 at 16:19

manowar and originality? are you sure you are talking about manowar?

hehe
Tursti - 07.09.2009 at 17:35
The "long waited" sequel of... Aye, I got it!
DayFly - 07.09.2009 at 17:41
Releasing a new live album every two or three weeks sure is epic. Sad thing is, there even seems to be a market for this.
Marcel Hubregtse - 07.09.2009 at 17:46
Written by DayFly on 07.09.2009 at 17:41

Those Manowar gigs are actually the gatherings of the saddest people on the planet. I have seen strangers hugging each other in the crowd cause they were sooo happy to see Manowar. Manowar die-hard fans are even more pathetic than die-hard Kiss fans in my book.
If you really wanna throw up because of Manowar-fanboyism then go to those Magc Circle concerts in Germany. The fans there even think the ttoal crap opening acts are brilliant just because Joey says so.
DayFly - 07.09.2009 at 17:52
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 07.09.2009 at 17:46

then go to those Magc Circle concerts in Germany

Been there. But it's not nearly that horrible, there are always a few acts on a festival that you can't expect to like but overall I enjoyed it more than Wacken.

EDIT: Btw, Manowar were actually decent and it was more of a put off to see a visibly uninvolved Blackie Lawless use about 35 minutes of his one hour stage time.
enanox - 07.09.2009 at 19:20
They're half way to the star trek saga already...
Fat & Sassy! - 07.09.2009 at 23:17
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 07.09.2009 at 17:46

I must be missing something here... Why do they have such an extreme, worshiping fanbase? (I never really listen to them, but they sound like a pretty average metal band to me. :/)
Marcel Hubregtse - 07.09.2009 at 23:20
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 07.09.2009 at 23:17

I don't know the reason either, but Kiss also had/has such an extreme fanbase.
My guess it has to do with the stupid barbarian image and many apparently think that that is totally masculine and true to metal
Black Conundrum - 07.09.2009 at 23:23
Holy crap, I didn't know Manowar were American.

Also, I couldn't help but notice the title of their song "Hand of Doom" and how Black Sabbath has a song of the same name.
Fat & Sassy! - 07.09.2009 at 23:24
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 07.09.2009 at 23:20

Written by Fat & Sassy! on 07.09.2009 at 23:17

I don't know the reason either, but Kiss also had/has such an extreme fanbase.

That's so... sad. I'm glad they aren't too popular around here, because I definitely don't want non-metal fans associating me with that fanbase.
Marcel Hubregtse - 07.09.2009 at 23:28
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 07.09.2009 at 23:24

To be honest Manowar are only extremely popular in two countries in the world (maybe three four, but am not sure about Italy and Spain) and those two, unsurprsingly are... Germany and Greece.
Fat & Sassy! - 07.09.2009 at 23:32
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 07.09.2009 at 23:28

Written by Fat & Sassy! on 07.09.2009 at 23:24

Yeah, I usually see one or two guys with Manowar shirts at most metal shows I go to... Let's keep it that way. Germany and Greece can keep them. XP
Valentin B - 07.09.2009 at 23:41
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 07.09.2009 at 23:32

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 07.09.2009 at 23:28

Written by Fat & Sassy! on 07.09.2009 at 23:24

since they made a point about never touring the United States i have no idea why those people persist though.

gonna download this when it comes out to see the Romania bits(some of them were posted on Youtube and i saw myself )
Doc Godin - 08.09.2009 at 00:07
Oh c'mon! Is this really necessary? How many DVDs does a band need?
Darkside Momo - 08.09.2009 at 00:32
Written by Doc Godin on 08.09.2009 at 00:07

Oh c'mon! Is this really necessary? How many DVDs does a band need?

enough to gain another entry in the guiness book I guess
Marcel Hubregtse - 08.09.2009 at 00:34
Written by Doc Godin on 08.09.2009 at 00:07

Oh c'mon! Is this really necessary? How many DVDs does a band need?

There can never be enough Manowar dvd's to uphold their egos. So I think they will keep on releasing them till their deaths.
Doc Godin - 08.09.2009 at 00:35
Written by Darkside Momo on 08.09.2009 at 00:32

Written by Doc Godin on 08.09.2009 at 00:07

Oh c'mon! Is this really necessary? How many DVDs does a band need?

enough to gain another entry in the guiness book I guess

Most band DVDs? I guess they could lump in the Eric Adams fishing DVD - yes, it actually does exist.
Darkside Momo - 08.09.2009 at 00:36
Written by Doc Godin on 08.09.2009 at 00:35

Written by Darkside Momo on 08.09.2009 at 00:32

Written by Doc Godin on 08.09.2009 at 00:07

Oh c'mon! Is this really necessary? How many DVDs does a band need?

enough to gain another entry in the guiness book I guess

he did that? Well, I guess fishing is metal then, seeing as both he and Adrian Smith do it...
Marcel Hubregtse - 08.09.2009 at 00:37
Written by Doc Godin on 08.09.2009 at 00:35

Written by Darkside Momo on 08.09.2009 at 00:32

Written by Doc Godin on 08.09.2009 at 00:07

Oh c'mon! Is this really necessary? How many DVDs does a band need?

enough to gain another entry in the guiness book I guess

I think Kiss still holds the current most band dvd's record tied with Iron Maiden
Doc Godin - 08.09.2009 at 00:47
Written by Darkside Momo on 08.09.2009 at 00:36

Written by Doc Godin on 08.09.2009 at 00:35

Written by Darkside Momo on 08.09.2009 at 00:32

Written by Doc Godin on 08.09.2009 at 00:07

Oh c'mon! Is this really necessary? How many DVDs does a band need?

enough to gain another entry in the guiness book I guess

Sorry, it's actually a wildlife DVD:
Valentin B - 08.09.2009 at 00:51
at the wildlife DVD, guess filming the video for Gloves Of Metal does that to you haha
LeChron James - 08.09.2009 at 00:59
Next DVD: WILDLIFE OF STEEL.
Daggon - 08.09.2009 at 01:52
Written by Doc Godin on 08.09.2009 at 00:07

Oh c'mon! Is this really necessary? How many DVDs does a band need?

Ask that to Dream Theater, they have like 2 DVD's for each studio album they release.
Darkside Momo - 08.09.2009 at 03:14
Written by Daggon on 08.09.2009 at 01:52

Written by Doc Godin on 08.09.2009 at 00:07

Oh c'mon! Is this really necessary? How many DVDs does a band need?

I like DT, but that's also way too much if you ask me. But at least they change the titles.
will_on_wheels - 08.09.2009 at 06:41
Look forward to that.... BTW...
Ellrohir - 08.09.2009 at 10:15
I am dreaming to own "The Absolute Power" dvd one day (but all shops here have sold out it already, cant find it anywhere), but definitely wont be missing this one...
Lord_Regnier - 08.09.2009 at 14:18
Written by Valentin B on 07.09.2009 at 23:41

In their proverbial arrogance and poserism, DeMaio & Co make it look as if it were a deliberate choice.
Truth is Manowar have never been popular in USA and Canada.
If they thought they would attract big audiences, they'd be glad to tour America and show their filthy faces everywhere. But they're pretty much nothing in America.
Marcel Hubregtse - 08.09.2009 at 14:25
Written by Lord_Regnier on 08.09.2009 at 14:18

But they're pretty much nothing in America.

Like in almost any other self-respecting metal country in the world. Why do you think they keep on toruing Germany? And can't sell-out a 2500 max capacity in The Netherlands and Belgium or Norway, Sweden, Finland?
Valentin B - 08.09.2009 at 14:42
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 08.09.2009 at 14:25

Written by Lord_Regnier on 08.09.2009 at 14:18

But they're pretty much nothing in America.

lol you call a country where Motley Crue is among the top 5 most popular bands a self-respecting metal country? haha
Marcel Hubregtse - 08.09.2009 at 14:51
Written by Valentin B on 08.09.2009 at 14:42

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 08.09.2009 at 14:25

Written by Lord_Regnier on 08.09.2009 at 14:18

But they're pretty much nothing in America.

I didn't put England in that list, now did I?
Btw, in my books all glam is even worse than Manowar.
BitterCOld - 08.09.2009 at 21:24
Written by Darkside Momo on 08.09.2009 at 00:36

Written by Doc Godin on 08.09.2009 at 00:35

Arve "Ice Dale" Isdal of Enslaved is really into fishing as well.

As for Manowar, perhaps they should just change the name to be honest:

CASHGRAB 5

i think they and Antrhax are in some competition to see who can make the most money from the least amount of new material.
Fat & Sassy! - 08.09.2009 at 21:39
Written by Valentin B on 08.09.2009 at 14:42

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 08.09.2009 at 14:25

Written by Lord_Regnier on 08.09.2009 at 14:18

But they're pretty much nothing in America.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Nickelback is lumped into the popular metal scene here... Along with the whole Disturbed and Bullet For My Valentine shit. Don't let any of the good American bands fool you. The metal "scene" here blows dick. :/
Darkside Momo - 08.09.2009 at 22:04
Written by BitterCOld on 08.09.2009 at 21:24

Kiss has been good in that regard too...
Ellrohir - 08.09.2009 at 22:19
But on the other hand - maybe it is better to re-release the same but at least good (for Manowar fans, i dont doubt there are people claiming not a single Manowar song is good) instead of producing new stuff which will suck...

btw Nightwish are being recycling DPP stuff for 2 years again and again too...at least they finally finished with gigs and Tuomas is now about to write new songs
BitterCOld - 08.09.2009 at 22:33
The band has released 10 live dvds/albums in the past 10 years, compared to two studio albums.

defend it all you want, 5:1 ratio is milking fans.

considering the fact their (supposed) best material was released 20-25 years ago, exactly how many different live versions are needed?
Ellrohir - 08.09.2009 at 22:44
Its what i say in first post - they want to break "most different live versions" Guinness world record .)

Albums Manowar - Hell On Earth I [DVD] 6 02.05.2011 by Jack---
News Megadeth - Album Release Date Revealed 5.5 27.08.2011 by Dinkleberg
News Behemoth - New Album Artwork, Release Date Revealed 5.5 19.05.2009 by Daggon
News Deftones - New Album Title And Release Date Revealed 5.5 17.02.2010 by Uirapuru
News Sear Bliss - Album Artwork And Release Date Revealed 5.5 25.10.2011 by Uldreth