Within Temptation have issued the following update on their official website:

"Dear fans,

As you already know, we will be releasing a new acoustic live CD in the end of October. "An Acoustic Night At The Theatre" will feature many of our biggest hits, played live and acoustic during our seated tour last year. In April next year we will be doing a rerun of this tour, where we will be doing this particular show for the last time. After that, we will prepare ourselves for the new album, new show, etc. The exact release date is October 30th in some countries and 2 days later in some other countries. We will post an exact overview on that at a later date. Of course you want to know what's going to be on there, well here you go:

"An Acoustic Night At The Theatre" [cover art] tracklist:

01. Towards The End
02. Stand My Ground
03. Caged
04. All I Need
05. Frozen
06. Somewhere [feat. Anneke van Giersbergen]
07. The Cross
08. Pale
09. What Have You Done [feat. Keith Caputo]
10. Memories
11. Forgiven
12. Utopia [feat. Chris Jones]

Of course you will be able to preorder the album through our webshop! We will also be releasing a video trailer shortly and will be recording a brand new video this weekend for our single "Utopia"! Keep an eye on Twitter for a live update on that!

Cheers,
WT."

Source: en.within-temptation.com
Band profile: Within Temptation

Posted: 20.09.2009 by Abattoir

Comments

The Shape 1973 - 20.09.2009 at 21:39
I'll give this one a miss, not a fan of acoustic. How many live albums are they going to release, what's next, Within Temptation Sing In The Shower or Within Temptation Sing In The Car While Sitting At Traffic Lights.
Angel_Lament - 20.09.2009 at 21:53
Looks Like good one, The Tracklist contains some songs werent played since long time such as Towards The End, Pale & Caged...
and btw, Who the hell is Chris Jones??
Fat & Sassy! - 20.09.2009 at 22:14
Written by The Shape 1973 on 20.09.2009 at 21:39

Hahahaha! XD Nice. Within Temptation: LIVE on teh Iceberg! I guess Ice Queen would be more relative then, huh? XP
Ellrohir - 20.09.2009 at 23:45
Acoustic album seems to be very popular in last months...

about Chris Jones - this is him - http://www.myspace.com/chrisjonesvocal - think what you want
Slania - 21.09.2009 at 16:23
I think Within Temptation is going to be this very-much-mainstream-like band.. That'll be the end of my fan-ness (ehm.. what's left of that)
So.. I'm a little bit afraid of the new song. :O
Ellrohir - 21.09.2009 at 16:48
They arent going to be...they already are...only chance for them is to recover from it soon
The Shape 1973 - 21.09.2009 at 17:16
Written by Slania on 21.09.2009 at 16:23

So.. I'm a little bit afraid of the new song. :O

If you don't like the way that they have gone check out Whyzdom's album, sounds like old Within Temptation, Epica and After Forever.
Slania - 21.09.2009 at 19:29
Written by Ellrohir on 21.09.2009 at 16:48

Hmmm yeah you're right.. XD But until now, I could still listen to it (and after that I really needed REAL metal XD). I only hope it doesn't get even worse.. And that they recover from their mainstream-ness soon.

Written by The Shape 1973 on 21.09.2009 at 17:16

Written by Slania on 21.09.2009 at 16:23

So.. I'm a little bit afraid of the new song. :O

Thanks for the tip ^^
Fat & Sassy! - 22.09.2009 at 00:58
Written by Slania on 21.09.2009 at 19:29

Written by Ellrohir on 21.09.2009 at 16:48

Yeah, unfortunately, I don't see this happening. The only band I know of that did that was Megadeth, but that was because not even the mainstream excepted their album, Risk. As far as I know, WT's last two albums have been very successful. I think it would be pretty AWESOME if they went back to producing music like Enter though. That would be a full turn-around that would shock everybody.
Opethian - 22.09.2009 at 08:28
Sweeet
Slania - 22.09.2009 at 14:00
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 22.09.2009 at 00:58

Written by Slania on 21.09.2009 at 19:29

Written by Ellrohir on 21.09.2009 at 16:48

Hell yeah!
Then we would be rid of those wannabe-goth fans.. Damn, they're annoying.
BMR Monkey - 26.10.2009 at 06:49
Already have it

8/10

News Within Temptation - New Album Details, Trailer Online 10.5 08.11.2013 by Angel_Lament
News Within Temptation - New Album Single Out This Friday 9 20.01.2011 by Carl Berg
News Within Temptation - Reveal New Album Artwork 9 06.01.2011 by Carl Berg