Soilwork drummer Dirk Verbeuren has issued the following statement:

"It's official: Soilwork will enter the studio in January 2010! The long-awaited follow-up to 2007's Sworn To A Great Divide will be produced by guitarist Peter Wichers and mixed by Jens Bogren (Opeth, Katatonia, Paradise Lost, Bloodbath). Drums will be tracked at Echo Mountain in Asheville, NC. The rest of the recording is set to take place in Tampa, FL and the mix at Fascination Street in Orebro, Sweden.

Soilwork's as-yet-untitled eighth album will be the first to feature Peter Wichers since his return to the band in 2008, as well as the studio debut with guitarist Sylvain Coudret (Scarve) who also joined last year.

On another note, Listenable Records recently re-released the classic Soilwork albums Steelbath Suicide and The Chainheart Machine. Fully remastered by the band's long-time sound engineer Mattias Nilsson, with updated artwork and liner notes by BWBK's Carl Begai, these re-releases come in Super Jewelcases and each feature two rare or previously unreleased 1999 live bonus tracks."

Source: soilwork.org
Band profile: Soilwork

Posted: 02.11.2009 by WinterChild

Comments

MeloDeathViking - 02.11.2009 at 16:04
Hopefully with Peter Wichers back it will be somewhat of a return to a more classic Soilwork sound. I don't expect another Natural Born Chaos, but I expect something better than Sworn to a Great Divide.
Big E - 02.11.2009 at 21:06
Written by MeloDeathViking on 02.11.2009 at 16:04

Haha, good one. Soilwork is dead to me. XD
Uirapuru - 02.11.2009 at 22:15
I prefer this new Soilwork, listen to Stabbing the Drama since I was a huge Nu-metal fan.
Janne - 03.11.2009 at 18:16
Added to my wishlist
Ulv - 28.12.2009 at 05:52
Great News... But what about a DVD!?!?!

News Soilwork - To Enter Studio Tomorrow 7.5 22.08.2012 by !J.O.O.E.!
News Grave Digger - Enter Studio In January, Vinyl Reissues 5.5 19.10.2013 by Bad English
News Unleashed - Enter The Studio In January 5.5 28.12.2007 by Infurnace