US metallers Fear Factory will release their forthcoming album, Mechanize [cover art], on February 5 in Europe via AFM Records and on February 9 in the US via Candlelight Records.

Mechanize, which was co-produced by the band with Rhys Fulber (Front Line Assembly, Paradise Lost), was recently mixed by Greg Reely (Paradise Lost, Front Line Assembly, Skinny Puppy).

Also the new song "Powershifter" is currently available for streaming at this location.

Source: zoinks.tv
Band profile: Fear Factory

Posted: 12.11.2009 by Kamilbolt

Comments

Uirapuru - 12.11.2009 at 21:16
They're baaaaaaaack! aleluia.

Typical cover art, nothing spectacular... And pretty heavy song, guess no more ''machine soul'' emotional songs.
Baz Anderson - 12.11.2009 at 21:17
It's a nice cover, and the song is ok - although a little soulless.
Pretty much just like the band now, soulless... with Dino and Burton kicking Raymond and Christian out without any discussions.

No. I'm not going to call this "Fear Factory" until the courts have decided who owns the name.
Darkside Momo - 12.11.2009 at 21:21
Written by Baz Anderson on 12.11.2009 at 21:17

It's a nice cover, and the song is ok - although a little soulless.

Agreed on all the points you mentioned. This new song is classical for them - blandly so - but the 'clean vox' chorus is nice.
Xyvind - 12.11.2009 at 21:35
Wasn't Hoglan the new drummer? It really sounds like Herrera. I'm a bit confused, could somebody explain me the new line-up? Please? haha
Baz Anderson - 12.11.2009 at 21:40
Written by Xyvind on 12.11.2009 at 21:35

What you are hearing here is:

Burton - vocals
Dino - guitar
Byron - bass
Gene - drums

Christian and Raymond were kicked out without any warning, even though they own half of the band. Dino replaced Christian and Gene replaced Raymond.
Darkside Momo - 12.11.2009 at 21:42
And the lawsuit for the band's name isn't resolved as far as we know.
Baz Anderson - 12.11.2009 at 21:59
Yes, that's why I hadn't posted any Fear Factory news myself yet - because I don't want to give exposure to this group of people who are potentially hijacking the name.
Vitriolic Hate - 12.11.2009 at 22:08
Sounds promising & typical artwork as well
foschino - 12.11.2009 at 22:20
Written by Xyvind on 12.11.2009 at 21:35

Unfortunately, modern heavy metal drums sound pretty all the same today. too damn digital equipments and tricks in the recording studios
Introspekrieg - 12.11.2009 at 22:46
Written by foschino on 12.11.2009 at 22:20

Written by Xyvind on 12.11.2009 at 21:35

So true... when Devin Townsend used the Drumkit from Hell software on Ziltoid I could barely tell that he wasn't using Gene...
Kamil - 12.11.2009 at 23:43
New song is awesome
Gene and other musicians made fantastic work
Amatsu Mikaboshi - 12.11.2009 at 23:58
I am GREATLY looking forward to this release, yet still... I cannot feel at all no apathy for Christian and Raymond for what happened to them instantly like that. Without their knowledge.....

Yet still as I've already said before, I really like the artwork as in my view is seems to look ALOT like Giger's work. Very simple, dark and effective.

Let's all just hope it's as good as the tracklist tells us all.
Black Conundrum - 13.11.2009 at 00:40
The album artwork is not bad. However, I'd like the legal issue to get over with before seeing this released. I would highly prefer that.
Angelic Storm - 13.11.2009 at 11:56
I have mixed feelings about this...the new song is great, and I love Fear Factory. But the way Christian and Raymond have been treated has been terrible. I don't even know how this album can be released when the legal dispute over the name hasn't been sorted. (Or at least it hasn't to my knowledge)

I guess what I can say, is the music sounds awesome, but I have no respect for the band any more beyond the music.
Opethian - 13.11.2009 at 21:21
It all comes down to business, thats what Burton said in an interview, IMHO Christian wasn't all that of a guitar player, i own every FF album and i always find myself listening to Older FF then newer. All i can hope for is a better album then Transgression ...

Best of luck FF !
In Bone Factory - 13.11.2009 at 22:46
Fear Factory was one of the first bands which brought me to metal.I hope this new album will be another Obsolete or Demanufacture.
Best wishes for the ex-members also.
midland_don - 13.11.2009 at 23:08
Can't believe that two people who have slagged each other so much can work together again! As for the music, it's a bit dull. The first Divine Heresy album was the best thing he's done lately...
mariano - 27.11.2009 at 15:23
Some people say Christian is better guitarist than Dino yet I still like more the sound of FF from the first 3 albums -maybe Dino uses better equipment. Anyway, I don't think Mechanized will have that awesome industrial style from the first albums...

Looks like there are 2 Fear Factories now (Arkaea) and both do almost the same music.

News Fear Factory - Reveal New Album Cover Art And Tracklist 12 30.03.2012 by theFIST
News Paradox - New Album Cover Art Revealed And New Song Online 11.5 22.09.2009 by White Winter Sun
News Whyzdom - New Album Cover Art And Release Date Revealed, Song Online 11.5 09.07.2009 by Fat & Sassy!
News De Profundis - New Album Cover Art Revealed, New Song Online 11.5 27.02.2012 by Draugen
News Eden Weint Im Grab - Album Cover Art Unveiled, New Song Online 10 09.03.2011 by Ag Fox