It is with immense disappointment that Slayer must postpone its UK and European tour that had been set to kick off on November 18 in the UK, and take the band on 19 dates through Europe, ending on December 17 in Germany. The tour will be rescheduled to kick off on March 7 in Manchester, England (complete itinerary is below).

Vocalist/bassist Tom Araya has been under the care of a specialist for a back injury, and while he has already made substantial improvement, he is continuing on with doctor-prescribed treatment.

"Right now," said Slayer's manager, Rick Sales, "our main concern must be the full and permanent recovery of Tom, so we have decided to clear the calendar and give him the extra time he needs to concentrate solely on good health."

Last week, Slayer announced the postponement of its east coast "Canadian Carnage" co-headline tour with Megadeth; those dates will be rescheduled in February 2010.

The new UK/European schedule is:

Mar. 18 - Herford, Germany - X
Mar. 20 - Berlin, Germany - Columbiahalle
Mar. 21 - Hamburg, Germany - Docks
Mar. 22 - Cologne, Germany - Live Music Hall
Mar. 24 - Dresden, Germany - Alter Schlachtof
Mar. 25 - Vienna, Austria - Gasometer Early Show
Mar. 26 - Munich, Germany - Zenith (transferred from Tonhalle)
Mar. 28 - Milan, Italy - Alcatraz
Mar. 29 - Milan, Italy - Alcatraz
Mar. 30 - Zurich, Switzerland - Volkshaus Late Show
Mar. 31 - Wiesbaden, Germany - Schlachthof
Apr. 02 - Nottingham, UK - Rock City
Apr. 03 - Glasgow, UK - Barrowland
Apr. 04 - Leeds, UK - Academy
Apr. 05 - Birmingham, UK - Academy

Source: slayer.net
Band profile: Slayer
Event:

Posted: 15.11.2009 by SlaytallicA

Comments

Kingface - 15.11.2009 at 16:31
It's a real shame to hear this. I was getting all excited about seeing them at Rock City this Wednesday! Really glad it's all been rescheduled though, as opposed to cancelled entirely. I contacted the venue and they said my tickets I already had will be valid for the rescheduled show, so I would guess that is the case with all the other shows which is good.

I would advise people in this situation to contact the venue and check to be certain though.
Magatouve - 15.11.2009 at 16:41
This sucks! I was looking forward for the show in London in 26 of this month.
TheBigRossowski - 15.11.2009 at 16:59
I'm actually never seen Slayer and I was planning on going to the show in Wiesbaden. Well, now I just have more time to save money and what not. Sucks that they put this news out RIGHT before the tour should kick off!
Kingface - 15.11.2009 at 18:24
I also hope that Tom recovers well and that it helps Slayer get back and firing on all cylinders!
Baz Anderson - 15.11.2009 at 19:42
Kind of the best result for me. I was too busy to sort anything out for this week.
Nyxgrinder - 15.11.2009 at 20:23
Age doesn´t forgive
Amatsu Mikaboshi - 15.11.2009 at 21:46
I'm honestly have the same problem going Baz Anderson for next week, but hopefully the new date dosen't clash with my training days.

I wish all the best recovery for Tom. Sorry to hear about his injury.
Black Conundrum - 15.11.2009 at 21:49
Wow, so many cancecelled or postponed tours making metalstorm news. That sucks. I hope Tom Araya's back gets better; I think I said the same thing about his back in the last news report.
Warman - 16.11.2009 at 01:13
Hope they'll add a Stockholm show.
Abattoir - 16.11.2009 at 19:19
Not that good news for me, because I don't know if I will be able to attend the concert on the new date...hopefully I could.
BrightNight - 17.11.2009 at 17:59
Health is more important than anything else.....ah well i geuss i have to wait a bit longer then. No problem....we are talking about slayer guys

News Slayer Tour Postponed 7.5 23.05.2006 by Metalforos666
News Slayer + Megadeth - Co-Headlining European Carnage Tour 2011 7.5 18.12.2010 by Yojimbo
News Ill Niño - First Week Of European Tour Postponed 5.5 30.07.2010 by Daggon
News Deathstars - European Tour Postponed And Extended 5.5 09.02.2014 by AnGina--
News Animals As Leaders - European Tour Postponed 5.5 10.08.2012 by Introspekrieg