Shining posted the following blog on Facebook:

"Swedish Extreme Metallers Shining have completed work on their seventh album and have today revealed details and cover art. Scheduled for release on Indie Recordings in March/April 2010, the 6-track album will have the title "Shining VII - Född Förlorare" (Born Loser). Track listing as follows:

1. Förtvivlan, Min Arvedel
2. Tiden Läker Inga Sår
3. Människa O'Avskyvärda Människa
4. Tillsammans Är Vi Allt
5. I Nattens Timma
6. FFF

According to founder and frontman Niklas Kvarforth (also of Skitliv), with "Född Förlorare" Shining will "take a deep dive into the darkest of all musical genres you could imagine". Making guest appearances on the album are Erik Danielsson (Watain), Peter Bjärgo (Arcana) and Nordman. (Cover art can be found here.)

Shining is due to tour Europe with Satyricon in December and confirmed that they will be appearing at the Metalfest Open Air Festivals in Germany, Austria and Switzerland in May 2010. The band is currently waiting for the work permit and visa approvals that will enable them to join the US tour with Behemoth in January and will announce dates as soon as approvals have been confirmed."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Shining

Posted: 26.11.2009 by Lucas

Comments

Mr. Doctor - 26.11.2009 at 00:30
OMG! This guys are fast!

Wow... after the poor cover from VI... I believe this one is awesome, really good choice.
Lucas - 26.11.2009 at 00:33
Yeah incredibly quick. The cover art is cool yeah, but I'm kinda worried they're going too fast.
Warman - 26.11.2009 at 00:38
This is AWESOME!!! Especially with Erik from Watain there! He's one of the greatest these days!!!
Elio - 26.11.2009 at 00:41
Written by Lucas on 26.11.2009 at 00:33

Exactly, after the not-so-great VI, they should have been taken some more time to work on something glorious again. Yeah, the cover art is... depressing.
Mr. Doctor - 26.11.2009 at 00:42
Written by Lucas on 26.11.2009 at 00:33

Yeah... 5 seconds after I thought "Holy shit this is awesome"... The thought of "Damn, this is just way too good to be... good" came up as well.
Like Elio said... It's better that bands just wait a minute and really think about what they want to write.
Black Conundrum - 26.11.2009 at 00:51
Wow, they just got done with Klagopsalmer and already have the art work and track listing for their next album. I think the cover artwork is awesome, by the way. I want to follow this.
Warman - 26.11.2009 at 01:04
Wait, wait, wait... just noticed... is Nordman making a guest appearance? THE Nordman?

I mean... THE Nordman?

For all of you outside of Sweden he's a... I don't know, a famous Folk Pop artist. Ensiferum covered his "Vandraren". He's entered the Swedish qualification for Eurovision Song Contest and such.
This will be INTERESTING!!!
Hamird - 26.11.2009 at 01:27
"take a deep dive into the darkest of all musical genres you could imagine"
Cheers man if you're not lying! Anyway I also think that the cover art is cool.. Musically I really didn't get into VI (though I think it was a good album), but let's see how good will be the upcoming album.. If only it'd be as well as V or IV then it's all right to me..
Ragana - 26.11.2009 at 01:29
Written by Elio on 26.11.2009 at 00:41

Written by Lucas on 26.11.2009 at 00:33

VI was okay.
But yeah, working quickly is not always a plus. However, if you've got some really good ideas then, um, why not?

Written by Warman on 26.11.2009 at 01:04

I mean... THE Nordman?

If you weren't so... noisy, I wouldn't have noticed that.
Hell... NORDMAN. They're out of their minds. Oh, I discovered him two days ago. Found a video of some really catchy song on YouTube, so I just happen to know who the hell is Nordman.

Ah, I started to guess what hides under those three F. The only thing I know is that there's at least one "fuck".
Mr. Doctor - 26.11.2009 at 01:54
Written by Ragana on 26.11.2009 at 01:29

O RLY? I just thought it was FuckFuckFuck...

Written by Elio on 26.11.2009 at 00:41

Yeah, the cover art is... depressing.

Now that I think of it, I think this is the most depressing artwork from Shining. For me V was good but it showed more madness to me, this on the other hand is tragic.
Ragana - 26.11.2009 at 01:59
Written by Mr. Doctor on 26.11.2009 at 01:54

Written by Ragana on 26.11.2009 at 01:29

O RLY? I just thought it was FuckFuckFuck...

I thought it could be smth like 'F...Fucking Fuck' but then it sounds really stupid.

Cover art is nice but, um, I was more pleased with V's even though none of those arworks seem depressing to me. I think I'm just depressive enough to think it's not depressive anymore... it's just... usual.
Got Mayhem? - 26.11.2009 at 04:16
Danielson has a good voice IMO andthis Nordman seems...interesting.
Very soon to be comming out with another album but i guess we'll see...
gid - 26.11.2009 at 10:10
Guys, it's not that quick. VI had been ready for about a year before it was released.
TheBigRossowski - 26.11.2009 at 11:25
Written by gid on 26.11.2009 at 10:10

Damn, that's what I was going to say. Klagopsalmer was all written, just waiting in for the final touch ups and what not. This is no faster than Darkthrone.

I'm definitely looking forward to it! The album cover looks fucking great too!
Mr. Doctor - 26.11.2009 at 11:35
Written by Ragana on 26.11.2009 at 01:59

Hhahaha that might be true as well.

I remember that once we talked about Lifelover lyrics and how the song were depressive for me because it maked me remember all the filth I saw when I was little in my home-country. This is the same thing, it takes the atmosphere I saw in a very good and direct way.

Or! Maybe I'm not as miserable as I thought I was and still can feel for others. hmmm.

Although... now that I think of it, a big part of me smiled when I saw it
AiwiAstwihad - 26.11.2009 at 11:45
I still haven't listened to the recent release, and a new one's on the way.
Warman - 26.11.2009 at 16:24
Written by Ragana on 26.11.2009 at 01:29

Probably 666. "F" is the sixth letter in the alphabet.
Hamird - 26.11.2009 at 20:26
Written by Ragana on 26.11.2009 at 01:29

And maybe it's French Football Federation (Fédération Française de Football)...!!
White Winter Sun - 26.11.2009 at 21:51
Wow, the wait will be short until the release of the band's forthcoming album (in the eyes of the release date of the band's latest album, "VI - Klagopsalmer"). Nice cover art too.
Ragana - 27.11.2009 at 00:07
Written by Warman on 26.11.2009 at 16:24

Written by Ragana on 26.11.2009 at 01:29

Probably 666. "F" is the sixth letter in the alphabet.

Ahh, not again. 666 is not trve anymore. But true, it sounds more logical that 3 Fs.

Written by Hamird on 26.11.2009 at 20:26

Sure, why not. Makes a perfect sense.
LeChron James - 27.11.2009 at 03:31
This shits gonna be necro as faaack.
Uirapuru - 01.12.2009 at 00:23
Good. Keep working.

News Delain - Reveal New Album Details 7 23.01.2014 by FeskarN
News Spektr - Reveal New Album Details 7 04.12.2012 by !J.O.O.E.!
News Pathfinder - Reveal New Album Details 7 22.03.2012 by Giok99
News Saxon - Reveal New Album Details 7 16.11.2012 by Kalmari
News Suffocation - Reveal Some Details About New Album 7 09.10.2012 by MetalDoomMaster