Kataklysm are in full writing mode at the moment for the follow-up to the Prevail album. The band have also confirmed the mixing duties for the next offering.

Guitarist Jean-François Dagenais comments: "I'm really excited to be deep into the writing process for the new Kataklysm album, the band is more focused than ever. This album will be different from Prevail, but will still have the classic Kataklysm trademarks and hooks. You will see a much more intricate record than we've done in the past. It will contain some really fast and dynamic parts, but we will also aim for a very melodic driven record and it will contain lots of technical parts as well that we haven't explored much lately. And no worries, the bone crushing grooves are always a must with Kataklysm and will be present. I've also seen Maurizio's lyrics for this album so far and let me tell you that they hit really hard. I know it's a very personal album to him as he is going through some tough times in his personal life. So I'm not worried about what he will bring to this record, so expect a very real, aggressive and determined Kataklysm album! We know we have set the bar high for ourselves, but we are confident to deliver the goods once again. On the production end I will handle the recording as usual, but for the mix we have decided to enlist Tue Madsen from Denmark. We feel he captured best the band's sound on In the Arms of Devastation. We feel it's a winning team and we're gonna make sure you have the best sounding record to date."

The album is scheduled for release in late summer/early fall 2010, and vocalist Maurizio Iacono will reveal the new album title on Christmas Day on the band's MySpace page.

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Kataklysm

Posted: 03.12.2009 by SlaytallicA

Comments

>Odysseus - 03.12.2009 at 19:03
Hell Fuckin' Yeah !! that sound amazing .... Prevail wasn't their best anyway
good luck guys ... but the release date is TOO FUCKIN FAR !!
Uirapuru - 03.12.2009 at 21:09
Not a huge fan of this band. but its not gonna kill to check it out
DoomGuard - 03.12.2009 at 21:15
Sounds good, can't wait to have more Kataklysm...then with a new album, another tour
ClosingWords - 04.12.2009 at 00:50
This sounds really promising! I'm a huge fan of Kataklysm, but I wasn't really into their past two releases "In The Arms Of Devastation" and "Prevail". I'm not going to get my hopes up, but fast, dynamic, technical, melodic, and groovy sounds like a good Kataklysm album to me.
thesabbathfan - 04.12.2009 at 01:45
I hope they have this stuff ready for live playing on the Kreator tour
Metal Maiden - 04.12.2009 at 02:22
Hmm, why bother recording new material...just go on and rerelease Prevail...again...
Black Conundrum - 04.12.2009 at 02:41
I am looking forward to this. I enjoy what I've heard of Kataklysm.
AngelofDeth - 06.12.2009 at 04:29
Awwwwwwwsome

News Unanimated - Reunited And Working On New Material 5.5 09.11.2007 by Bad English
News Forbidden - Working On New Material 5.5 04.02.2009 by DrunkenFuck