Metal Storm logo
The West Memphis 3

19.12.2007 - 09:17
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
I'm creating this thread more as an act of awareness among the Metal community on this forum than of a discussion board. Those of you who know the story find it not only unbelievable but what I can only personally describe as a "nightmare" and "a modern day Salem witch trial."

I can personally recommend the book Devil's Knot: The True Story of the West Memphis Three and the website http://www.wm3.org/ for loads of information about the subject matter. There are also several books and a couple documentaries out there that one could pick up (and that I plan to) to further one's knowledge on the matter.

Opinions?
----
The force will be with you, always.
19.12.2007 - 09:35
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Ah yes, I remember finding this a few years ago (2005?) and I bought those dog tags to show support....Ironically the dog-tags were stolen from me a few weeks after I got them.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
31.12.2007 - 03:54
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Wow, I'm really surprised no one gives a shit, considering the community and how people are usually balls deep in legal issues on subjects that don't really matter. (ie: the Gorgoroth name battle or Swedish parents naming their child Metallica.)
----
31.12.2007 - 04:05
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Clintagräm on 31.12.2007 at 03:54

Wow, I'm really surprised no one gives a shit, considering the community and how people are usually balls deep in legal issues on subjects that don't really matter. (ie: the Gorgoroth name battle or Swedish parents naming their child Metallica.)

...because this is a metal forum.
31.12.2007 - 04:21
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Written by Dangerboner on 31.12.2007 at 04:05

Written by Clintagräm on 31.12.2007 at 03:54

...because this is a metal forum.

Well, do you know the history behind them? Three teens accused of "satanic killings" because they listened to Metal music and dabbled in the occult and other "strange" things. I think because this is a Metal forum that people would take more note of it.
----
31.12.2007 - 04:34
Eternal Flames

I'm assuming not many people have heard (or know much) about the incident or the history behind it. I, for one, know of the incident albeit very little about it. Hence, I was planning to rather wait till I read up on it some more and post something worthwhile rather than simply state that I'd read up on it, then I'll post my actual opinion.

As I said, I don't know a lot about the history/background of the convicted men, but I do plan on trying to find some of the documentaries and books about it. I'm aware of the incident, although I know very little to none about the ideas that support the argument that they were wrongfully convicted.
16.05.2010 - 21:01
brapp32

I only heard about this case a few months ago and I couldn't believe these guys are still in jail. I heard there is a new version of paradise lost due out sometime this year.
16.05.2010 - 23:19
Kennoth

Well, since you're opening the thread and falsely assuming that we're ALL aware of it, why don't you clarify what you're talking about first?
----
*insert something deep and profound*