Metal Storm logo
Best Iron Maiden-vocalist

Original post

Posted by RhysTerk, 19.12.2007 - 14:40
In my opinion Paul Di'Anno is by far the best, but i know that Dickinson is very popular too, so im intrested in hearing what you think.

Poll

Who has been the best vocalist in Iron Maiden?

Bruce Dickinson
Paul Di'Anno
Blaze Bayley

Total votes: 131
30.03.2008 - 22:19
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Paul DiAnno made Iron Maiden famous, Bruce Dickinson made Iron Maiden legendary!
This man needs no introduction, everyone is aware of his amazing vocal capabilities, and very few would dare to say a bad thing on him.
Blaze wasnt that bad, but still nothing spectacular, and logically, anyone coming after Bruce Dickinson would have a hard time.. and thats what he had.
----
05.04.2008 - 17:20
eximius

Damn, I spent 0.1 seconds choosing this one... pretty hard but i voted for Bruce Almighty
06.04.2008 - 03:29
IronBlackZepp

I voted for Bruce. I like Paul Di'Anno but he is not as powerful, although he deos have good range. Bruce is more distinct as well. Then there's Blaze who isnt all that good. He makes the songs sound Corny. So Bruce is the best, Paul is second, and Blaze deosnt really count.
06.04.2008 - 06:19
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Bruce, with Paul shortly behind, I like Paul but Bruce's voice is just....legendary. Blaze needs to go back to Wolfsbane.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
06.04.2008 - 16:46
Stratowarrior

bruce dickinson by far...and he also is the best metal singer in history tilthe moment
----
power metal 'til death!!!!!!!!!
17.10.2008 - 12:10
Yossarian

I have just voted to know if somebody has voted for other than Bruce. It is amazing to know that 10 someones did.
17.10.2008 - 12:54
Powerslavex
Alexskywalker
Bruce Dickinson is a legend think we all agree with that, i also like Paul Di'Anno he was great:maniac:
07.11.2008 - 06:34
mortjoyeux

Bruce.
I love Di'Anno when it comes to Killers, but Bruce has such good range and is so talented, sounds wayyy better.
08.11.2008 - 15:06
Varegan
Hamranakara
Written by mortjoyeux on 07.11.2008 at 06:34

Bruce.
I love Di'Anno when it comes to Killers, but Bruce has such good range and is so talented, sounds wayyy better.

but i like like Di'Anno just because he was born in same day like mine; 17th may i dont like his vocal, Bruce is the BEST!!!
----
Written by muthafucka on 08.07.2010 at 06:46

"METAL STORM" (LIGHTING STRIKES)
08.11.2008 - 15:46
Charly546

Heh, recently I've given Blaze's IM albums few spins and damn Blaze has a great voice which fitted nicely with IM. Kinda shameful though, that the songs themselves aren't quite up to par.

And I prefer Blaze over both other IM's vocalists. I just like his voice more.
09.11.2008 - 17:28
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Bruce is an obvious choice for me. He's been with the band when they've released their strongest albums.
----
Coldgrits
11.08.2009 - 18:20
Razorback

Bruce,he gave real power to maiden monster,you can watch iron maiden live 100 times still you will be impressed by his voice and ability to make thousands people singing fear of the dark as one,but with emotion you can't feel on any other concert,it's really something amazing,more then just concert and music.
----
Careful what you wish,you may regret it.Careful what you wish,you just might get it!
12.08.2009 - 06:06
KE3user
Account deleted
My favorite two Maiden albums were the first two. Bruce is a legend but his voice can annoy me at times. Paul to me is just incredible and got my vote.
14.09.2009 - 02:08
Kratos

Bruce has an amazing high pitched voice, Phil and Blaze are just...bad imo
14.09.2009 - 11:23
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Who is "Phil"?
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

15.09.2009 - 16:56
Angel Of Mercy

Yeah, I took a while choosing because Di'Anno's voice works well for the first two albums because
the song's were written with him in mind rather then Dickinson or Baily. Goes the same for Blaze. But I sometimes can't understand what he's singing especially on "Virtual xi"

Dickinson get's my vote. Because when he sings in the higher range usually with most vocalists they lose their power. But Dickinson doesn't so I vote him!
----
Your time will come.
18.09.2009 - 16:10
Guib
Thrash Talker
Im actually really impressed...

theres actually 2 people that voted for Blaze..
now my question is, do they know maiden??
lol wtf..
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
22.09.2009 - 12:03
ToMegaTherion

Yet another fairly pointless question, majority for Bruce as expected. And as far as Iron Maiden is concerned I would have to agree, Bruce is the superior vocalist for Iron Maiden, Paul was very young in Maiden and never quite mastered his technique until some years afterwards. Blaze was ok, and would probably do very well in another band, but by the time he came along Bruce had defined the Maiden voice. Blaze just didn't fit, he had neither the range or control of Bruce.
My vote went to Bruce largely because he is the best vocalist for Maiden, however I like Paul's style and vocals, but very much prefer the music he has done post Iron Maiden. He really did mature into an awesome vocalist and would have done very well for Maiden had they not found Bruce. But as we all know, history can't be changed.
20.01.2010 - 03:35
thewall30

I agree that this is pointless, Bruce Dickinson by a lot, not that Bayley or Di'anno aren't good (because I actually enjoy them on the other Maiden albums as much as Bruce on the others) its just I mean come on Bruce Dickinson is just amazing!
----
16.05.2011 - 21:26
Ghostdancer

Bruce Dickinson! Paul Di'Anno was great for the first two albums, I suppose...but once Dickinson became vocalist, Maiden kicked into high gear and became "the beast" in earnest.
----
"Bullshit! You didn't convince me!"
20.08.2011 - 03:02
BeastOfMetal456
Account deleted
Dickinson. The only melodic vocalist that I adore, along with Rob Halfod. Di'Anno is pretty good too. He tends to be more gruff than Bruce.
20.08.2011 - 11:54
Metal_4Ever

What a stupid question OFC. Dickinson I don't really listen to his songs and I don't like him but compared with the others guys I guess he's the best choice here.
20.08.2011 - 21:42
Berserk

Dickinson obviously. Paul Di'Anno I couldn't stand... I thought he was an awful vocalist for maiden. Don't know why everyone hates Blaze... I thought he was great singing his own songs with Maiden...
----
Fear the Old Blood
20.04.2012 - 01:55
mrgod

I voted for the best vocalist on earth.
20.04.2012 - 02:06
bran

Like all 3 love blaze on x factor and i really like dianno alot his voice just fit those first 2 maiden albums so well, but no one can top bruce his voice is just incredible
----
top 5 albums of 2012 so far.

1. wintersun- time I
2. woods of ypres- woods V grey skies and electric light
3. agalloch- faustian echoes EP
4. the slow death- II
5. kreator- phantom antichrist
21.04.2012 - 16:01
Azarath
Free as a.. Fish
Bruce obviously. Di'Anno was great on the first 2 albums and Blaze was a good singer as well (however his Maiden albums are very inconsistent).