Metal Storm logo
Best Frontman

Original post

Posted by Valentin B, 19.12.2007 - 18:32
I posted in the best iron maiden's vocalist thread, and i thought "sure, Bruce Dickinson may be an awesome frontman, but who else is there?", obviously he's my pick, special mentionins going to Matt Barlow from Iced Earth and Rob Halford of Priest.

Keep in mind i'm not talking necesarily about vocal technicality, but more about how he performs live, how well he falls, gimmicks and such, how he talks to the crowd, stage presence, chemistry with the band members etc.
07.05.2008 - 16:10
Hangar XVIII
I think King Diamond is the best frontman, hands down.
----
myspace.com/absentchrist
My new black metal project.
07.05.2008 - 16:27
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
James Hetfiled, he has amazing stage presence.
Bruce Dickinson, with his "scream for me", he totally pwns.
Sully Erna is incredibly energetic and drives the crowd insane too
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
21.05.2008 - 14:27
orc
Seth Putnam (Anal Cunt).

Nah, just kidding, it was the worst gig ever, funny tho. But the fans were in extacy, so there must be some truth
----
http://www.nihilistikrypt.net
http://www.myspace.com/nihilistikrypt
21.05.2008 - 22:10
immaculate
Account deleted
Zak Vargas frontman of elysia no one can match his stage presence or even come close except for corpsegrinder.
21.05.2008 - 22:49
Metal_Militia
//I think Chuck Schuldiner was the best front man but unfortunately now that he isnt here, i would probably have to go with Dave Mustaine or Chuck Billy. Akerfeldt is up there too//
----
"When night falls
she cloaks the world
in impenetrable darkness.
A chill rises
from the soil
and contaminates the air
suddenly...
life has new meaning"

20.10.2008 - 01:01
Powerslavex
Alexskywalker
Brucey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:maniac:
20.10.2008 - 03:40
Dark Blood
The Avenger
I think the best frontmen in my opinion are Bruce Dickinson and James Hetfield for obvious reasons, and Mikael from Opeth.. He talks a lot to the crowd between songs and he always cheers them with good funny jokes, ahah.
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
20.10.2008 - 05:02
Metal_Militia
//Either Mikael from Opeth or Lemmy because he is the godfather of hard rock and is a larger than life figure. He IS the definition of Heavy Metal//
----
"When night falls
she cloaks the world
in impenetrable darkness.
A chill rises
from the soil
and contaminates the air
suddenly...
life has new meaning"

20.10.2008 - 18:59
Branzig
Oderus Urungus from GWAR
----
In Grind We Crust
13.07.2010 - 00:30
ExtraHachse
Written by Branzig on 20.10.2008 at 18:59

Oderus Urungus from GWAR

Oderus is cool. Yeah!! So for me Oderus, Klaus Meine (Scoprions), Till Lindemann(Rammstein) and Peter Wagner (Rage)
----
I like Powerwolf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
13.07.2010 - 06:59
Weaponz248
Lemmy and Gene Simmions and of course Bruce
13.07.2010 - 15:50
ExtraHachse
Attila Dorn (Powerwolf) is cool, too!
----
I like Powerwolf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
13.07.2010 - 15:55
vezzy
Stallmanite
Billy Milano of Stormtroopers of Death, just for laughs.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
15.07.2010 - 14:45
MetalFist
Account deleted
James Hetfield is amazing.
15.07.2010 - 15:23
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Guest on 15.07.2010 at 14:45

James Hetfield is amazing.

Not so much nowadays.
----
15.07.2010 - 22:05
Saitenhexerin
PHIL ANSELMO. that's the perfect frontman, seriously. Just look at that man the way he acts, talks, sings, screams and just how much control he has over the audience. Plus he's so versatile and every single bit of him seems to scream "here I am!".
----
- When I die, bury me in smoke.
- Defendress of the Faith.
15.07.2010 - 22:37
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Saitenhexerin on 15.07.2010 at 22:05

PHIL ANSELMO. that's the perfect frontman, seriously. Just look at that man the way he acts, talks, sings, screams and just how much control he has over the audience. Plus he's so versatile and every single bit of him seems to scream "here I am!".

Haha, you're kidding, right? Phil is an a-hole in general, even though he seems to have improved somewhat more recently.
----
15.07.2010 - 22:54
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by vezzy on 15.07.2010 at 22:37

Haha, you're kidding, right? Phil is an a-hole in general, even though he seems to have improved somewhat more recently.

Yes, he is an asshole (you can say the word no problem there) but I agree that he is a great frontman.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

15.07.2010 - 23:11
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 15.07.2010 at 22:54

Yes, he is an asshole (you can say the word no problem there) but I agree that he is a great frontman.

It's actually that I choose not to use the word. Still, he is quite arrogant. One of the most ironic things ever said in metal is how "Pantera has survived every trend (including glam metal)" when they WERE a glam metal band. A very bad one at that.
----
15.07.2010 - 23:13
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by vezzy on 15.07.2010 at 23:11

It's actually that I choose not to use the word. Still, he is quite arrogant. One of the most ironic things ever said in metal is how "Pantera has survived every trend (including glam metal)" when they WERE a glam metal band. A very bad one at that.

He might be arrogant, he might have said that but that takes nothing away from him being a good frontman.

As for Pantera NO they were never glam. They LOOKED glam but they played US Power at the time.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

15.07.2010 - 23:13
Saitenhexerin
I thought it was about frontmanship not about character. Arrogant as he might be, he's a great frontman.
----
- When I die, bury me in smoke.
- Defendress of the Faith.
15.07.2010 - 23:14
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 15.07.2010 at 23:13

Written by vezzy on 15.07.2010 at 23:11

He might be arrogant, he might have said that but that takes nothing away from him being a good frontman.

As for Pantera NO they were never glam. They LOOKED glam but they played US Power at the time.

Really, what about Metal Magic?...
----
15.07.2010 - 23:27
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by vezzy on 15.07.2010 at 23:14

Really, what about Metal Magic?...

Musically nothing to do with glam. Us Power it is albeit a bit softer than the two albums after,
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

16.07.2010 - 00:31
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
You think Anselmo is an asshole, check out Mustaine

and this:

this ain't bad but thought i'd share it here too:

Fuck that's a HUGE bra !!
----

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free
Johann Wolfgang van Goethe 1749-1832
16.07.2010 - 01:11
Weaponz248

He sure did have a good stage presence.