03. Commerce
04. Worship
05. Knowledge
06. Pleasure
07. Wealth
08. Man Of The Millenium
09. Politics
10. The Answer

Seven Witches is an American combo and his leader, the guitarist Jack Frost, is one of the best musicians of the Heavy Metal scene. Seven Witches uses to release good album but they've never released THE album, the CD that everybody would like to have in his CDs collection. All in all the band is not so famous and unfortunately not a lot of people have talked about their last release, "Deadly Sins"? This is sad really because this is a solid album of US Heavy Metal and I'm sure that a lot of you will love it when they will listen to it for the first time. Let's repair this mistake now ok.

"Deadly Sins" is Jack Frost's baby, and this concept album which talks about the seven sins of Ghandi. This is a classic Seven Witches release but it's good thrashy Heavy Metal, melodic as hell but with some riffs that we can compare to some bands like Pantera. It's fast, aggressive (even if we have some ballads and mid-tempo songs) and the voice of Alan Tecchio is not so bad (who was also the singer of "Amped") even if sometime his high pitched vocals a la Alford are a bit useless. But the power of this album comes from the melodies of the guitars and waow, if you like to listen to US Heavy/Power Metal I can tell you that here, you'll not have anything which sounds like some Euro Power Metal. "Deadly Sins" is a good mix between Thrah and Heavy Metal, isn't it great?

With Mr Joey Vera for the bass and production, with a nice concept and some great riffs, "Deadly Sins" is a good album. Its only problem actually comes from the fact that it's not really surprising, here one more time Seven Witches plays its own music without any risks or new sounds, but after all, if you like Seven Witches I really think that "Deadly Sins" will be a must for you. The songs are catchy but heavy and loud and I'm sure that all the fans of Thrash and heavy will find something for them in this album?

In my opinion, "Deadly Sins" is better than the previous album of the American combo. If you like to listen to aggressive Heavy Metal with some really high skilled guitars riffs/soli be sure that you'll not miss this album. This is maybe not perfect but a lot more interesting than all the Power Metal bands that we can listen to nowadays. Don't miss this release if you like great aggressive Heavy Metal?

Rating breakdown
Performance: 8
Songwriting: 8
Originality: 8
Production: 8

Written by Jeff | 19.12.2007

Comments

Comments: 2   Visited by: 46 users
19.12.2007 - 21:41
Bararey
Winter is Coming
I promised myself last Sunday that it would be the last time I would by CDs this year, huh that promise will be thrown out the window after reading this review, this CD sounds really promising, I will make an effort of getting it
----
"Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died."
Ser Jorah Mormont
28.12.2007 - 14:46
Sekhmet
Electric Witch
Never heard of this band but the review sounds promising... I'll ty to get the album.
----
I wish I had a mental survival kit...

Hits total: 6109 | This month: 11