02. Venin Intemporel, Rouille Universelle, Satan
03. Génération Maudite, Pénétration Interdite
04. Untitled
05. Diapsiquir
06. Le Mal Avec Un Grand S
07. Untitled
08. Organisation Contamination
09. TEST1M5N2O

Everybody that came here out of curiosity, by eternal loyalty to my reviews or simply by accident should look into the mirror right now. Doing so? Good. Then ask yourself this question: are you, in all honesty, ready for one of the most chaotic and schizophrenic releases of all time? Negative? Move on, please. Positive? Keep reading, fool, and welcome in the world of Diapsiquir. Drugs, Satan, Violence, Disease, Filth, Suburbs, this is the life and Satanism in the 21th century. Just as their fellow countrymen from Blacklodge they seem to worship Satan through drugs, and that brings forth a nerve-killing piece of music.

My guess is that most of you who are still reading thought to themselves "well, I like Drone and I can sit through an entire album of Stalaggh, so I should be able to survive this band he is talking about". Think again. This is intensity on a whole new level. While the former bands draw their intensity from their droning and noiseful sound, Diapsiquir have a fairly good production with them. From the intro one might even expect Virus STN is going to be a fairly easy ride. But then fate changes and you are inevitably sucked into the vortex, suddenly and with no chance of return. Various musical themes are spinning around your head, popping up out of nowhere and disappearing as fast as they appeared. The individual songs alone crawl more than a snake with an orientation disorder and describing how a single song sounds would result in immediate and permanent brain damage. It is better for the both of us to find it out for yourself.

Perhaps what is written above has made you doubt about the quality of this album. If you will like it or not depends entirely on yourself, I can not guarantee anything. But let me tell you this: once you are over your possible initial doubts about the sanity of this band, it becomes addictive. The rush of the vortex, the pure adrenaline, the mental illness, the absolute and unmatched randomness, the sheer insanity, the knowledge of how far mankind is able to reach into the sickest dimensions. It is frightening yet more addictive than any drug available on earth, and after the end you will find yourself craving for another dose of madness. Dare to deny.

Rating breakdown
Performance: 9
Songwriting: 8
Originality: 10
Production: 8

Written on 20.12.2007 by If you're interested in extreme, often emotional and underground music, check out my reviews. I retired from reviewing, but I really used to be into that stuff.

Comments

Comments: 11   Visited by: 87 users
20.12.2007 - 22:17
Damnated
Churchburner
I've been expecting this

another good review, nothing to add.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
21.12.2007 - 11:25
FrostbittenIlham
Account deleted
Nice review . You compared them to Blacklodge, how far does the similarity go? They aren't clones of them, are they? I'll try this band as soon as possible.
21.12.2007 - 11:34
Opium
Account deleted
"noiseful sound" - Almost an oxymoron with regards to music here, interesting review though, Lucas

Edit: Suburbs shouldn't have a hyphon either
22.12.2007 - 12:44
Rating: 9
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Thanks. Ilham, they aren't really similar to Blacklogde soundwise, I just made that comparison because they both seem to promote hard-drugs such as heroine a lot, and both bands seem to 'worship Satan through drugs'.

@Opium, you're right.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
22.12.2007 - 16:16
FOOCK Nam

I wonder do they (the band members) use drug. Not sure if I could decide to collect this stuff, 'cause Im a little bit lean anti drug..
23.12.2007 - 11:45
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Written by FOOCK Nam on 22.12.2007 at 16:16

I wonder do they (the band members) use drug. Not sure if I could decide to collect this stuff, 'cause Im a little bit lean anti drug..

I'd give it a shot. Perhaps download it first though.
----

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
23.12.2007 - 12:05
FOOCK Nam

Written by Lucas on 23.12.2007 at 11:45

Written by FOOCK Nam on 22.12.2007 at 16:16

Perhaps download it first though.

But they dont have any site or myspace. I search and found none. And they even disbanded based on MA
23.12.2007 - 12:12
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Try downloading, wouldn't know what else. Also their album may be hard to find.
----

22.02.2008 - 15:09
NOИ

this is my all time favourite black metal album, and it deserves much more than 8.6! this is what black metal would look like in the future, without the stupid clichés and childish stuff.
23.01.2009 - 15:49
Rating: 8
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Weird stuff indeed... And that's good in my book. You're reviews are usually from bands or kinds of metal that I'm really interested

Really psycho shit.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
08.04.2009 - 18:39
Slayer666

Wow, this shit is weirder than Stalaggh (if that's possible). But, unlike Stalaggh, this is not just plain fucking stupid. It's weird on a whooole new level. The band members are obviously completely fucked-up in their heads. I never thought I would actualy get to hear music like this...... totally random, psycho, noisy and above all else brain damaging. My advice, if you want to end up in the asylum as soon as possible, just listen to this as much as you can. You'll go nuts sooner or later, guarantee.
By the way, there is a lenghly period in the track "Organisation Contamination" where they use the theme melody from the movie "Godfather" played on guitars. Now, that is WEIRD!

Hits total: 6686 | This month: 9