Metal Storm logo
Seeking advice for a drumkit

21.12.2007 - 05:26
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
I've been contemplating getting a drumkit as I just don't think using simulators is enough. I know very little about drums aside from the sound I want, and that I don't want to spend a lot (over $1000). I went to the local music store and asked about Ayotte because I like the very hollow sound of the snare, and they said that it's really hard to find around here but it's just a matter of tuning to get another snare to make a similar sound - I also found out online that Ayotte is pretty expensive.

I am not too worried about toms, so it would come down to picking out the following: cymbols, snare, hihat and bass. Obviously a double bass is crucial, and I am not sure I need more than three or four cymbols. For cymbols I was thinking something along the lines of: Crash ride, Bell ride, Chinese and a regular crash. My termonlogy isn't the greatest so hopefully I expressed the proper thing.

Any suggestions or advice? Ultimately the idea would be to get new recording equipment, like mics, new hardware and cables. After talking to a friend who is a sound tech. he said it could be done for roughly $1000, which was my highest budget anyways. Thanks in advance!
27.12.2007 - 19:38
Asphyxia
Account deleted
Oh man, not a crash ride. Especially if you're already getting a ride cymbal.
01.07.2008 - 06:17
MortalTheory
Account deleted
alright man, that's gonna be hard to get in under a grand, but here.
Gibraltar catalina birch drumkit. I would suggest getting Tama iron cobra double bass pedals, but they are expensive as hell. and then for the snare, get a pearl joey jordison signature snare, it's kind of expensive, but it's very very good, very hollow sounding. and for cymbals, i'd suggest going with Zildjian, probably zxt or a series for your price range. to get all that w/ hardware will probably run you about $1,200-$1,700. That's my best advice.