Metal Storm logo
Seeking Help For New Jackson Guitar

21.12.2007 - 05:41
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
ok, so ive got this new jackson guitar (KVX10) King V X Series, and i want to do something to it...

now at the picture, at the very bottom theres the thing to stop it going out of tune with floyd rose...

if i unscrew those things, will it do anything to the guitar?

cause the strings are really tight, hard to bend greatly etc. so i want to lossen them a bit.

help?

im pretty sure i can, just wanna make sure new guitars are quite precious...
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
21.12.2007 - 08:27
Too many fail.

it wil just unlock the tuners, you have to open the locks to change the tuning from the head tuners. youve probably already noticed the fine tuners at the bridge that can be used for tweaking. if youre planning on changing tuning or string gauge be prepared to be pissed off, floyd bridges are fucking annoying the restring and put back into tune be cause when you change the tension in the strings youre changing the pull on the floyd which in turn affects the pitch of all your strings. the next guitar i get definetely wont have a trem lol
----
Here is my actual theory beyond the huge, hilarious jokes I have: If you're so pro-life and you're so pro-child, then adopt one that's already here, that's very unwanted and very alone and needs someone to take care of it.
- Bill Hicks
21.12.2007 - 11:24
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
ok cool thats what i thought, but better to be safe than sorry thanks
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
21.12.2007 - 21:10
Lord TJ

Those things are a bitch to mess with from what I have heard.
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBMPage
22.12.2007 - 08:07
Soliloquy

if you're having a hard time fretting around on the strings, you can do the following:
1) drop tuning on your guitar half step, or a whole step(bodom style!). it will sound like standard E, just a lil heavier.
2) if you dont wanna do that, then grab a gauge or two thinner than the strings you have on right now. like if you have 48-10s, then try putting on 46-10s, or 42-10s or whatever....

either way, you'd have to mess around with the bridge. it may be a pain to do it, but i personally enjoy every second of changing my strings. but damn bridge of mine hasnt broken a string in over 4 months, and i have only changed the set just twice. i should change em soon...

how to change strings on a floyd? youtube it. there are some really well made movies that describe step by step.
----

now get on your knees and worship me!
-Zakk Wylde
22.12.2007 - 08:41
Too many fail.

is the action lower on this than on your ibanez?
----
Here is my actual theory beyond the huge, hilarious jokes I have: If you're so pro-life and you're so pro-child, then adopt one that's already here, that's very unwanted and very alone and needs someone to take care of it.
- Bill Hicks
22.12.2007 - 10:57
NECURATU

Written by Soliloquy on 22.12.2007 at 08:07

1) drop tuning on your guitar half step, or a whole step(bodom style!). it will sound like standard E, just a lil heavier.

Is that supposed to be a joke? Standard E is Standard E, Standard D is Standard D so on and so forth. Each and every tunning has it's specific set-up, that's it if you aren't completely tone-deaf and you realise that your intonation is off, the strings don't bring back the proper pich, they hit de neck etc.
----
When the sun rises I take my flock on the balks
When the moon rises I tell the woods good night