Metal Storm logo
Draconian - Upcoming Album Details

Napalm Records are reporting that Swedisch Gothic Doom Metal band Draconian have completed the recording of their fourth album is scheduled for a 29 Feb relase date. With producer Jens Bogren of Fascination Street Studio ( Katatonia, Amon Amarth) at the helm, the band delivers raw Doom elements combined with the soft vocals of female vocalist Lisa and the ethereal melody lines well-known to fans of Draconian.

Draconian's brand new album "Turning Season Within" [cover] will be released the 29th of February (4th of March in the US) through Napalm Records. The band's fourth effort contains the following nine tracks:

01. Seasons Apart [sample]
02. When I Wake
03. Earthbound
04. Not Breathing
05. The Failure Epiphany
06. Morphine Cloud
07. Bloodflower
08. The Empty Stare
09. September Ashes

More info on http://www.draconian.se and http://www.myspace.com/draconianmusic.

Source: napalmrecords.com
Band profile: Draconian
Posted: 21.12.2007 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 19   Visited by: 27 users
21.12.2007 - 17:44
duyhung
Account deleted
The cover artwork is a bit weird, i don't get the message in it
21.12.2007 - 18:07
Graveheart

Yeah, all I see is a foot.
21.12.2007 - 19:09
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Nice cover art, so what if there is no message in it. At least I certain that the cover art is better than the music Draconian is gonna produce on it.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

21.12.2007 - 21:33
Katatronik
Angel of Lust
I hope in a great album, they are a very interesting band IMO... Looking forward to it!
----

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear,
and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
Howard Phillips Lovecraft
22.12.2007 - 22:25
FrostbittenIlham
Account deleted
Who cares about the cover art?
And some people should listen to the album before saying it is better than the music.
23.12.2007 - 00:08
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guest on 22.12.2007 at 22:25

Who cares about the cover art?
And some people should listen to the album before saying it is better than the music.

Unless they make a total departure from their previous style I am 100% sure I will not like it all. So, I find it quite safe to say that I think that the cover art will be better than the music on the album
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

23.12.2007 - 09:43
FrostbittenIlham
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 23.12.2007 at 00:08

Unless they make a total departure from their previous style I am 100% sure I will not like it all. So, I find it quite safe to say that I think that the cover art will be better than the music on the album

Fair enough, fair enough. You should still listen to the new one when it's out, just so you know if your assumption was right or not .
23.12.2007 - 11:58
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guest on 23.12.2007 at 09:43

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 23.12.2007 at 00:08

Fair enough, fair enough. You should still listen to the new one when it's out, just so you know if your assumption was right or not .

Of course I will listen to the new one when it is released or else it would impossible to pass a fair judgement. I try to listen to as many new releases as possible each and every year.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

23.12.2007 - 12:36
FrostbittenIlham
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 23.12.2007 at 11:58

Of course I will listen to the new one when it is released or else it would impossible to pass a fair judgement. I try to listen to as many new releases as possible each and every year.

That's good. It's nice to see you still listen to stuff you think you won't like.
People don't do that often enough.
23.12.2007 - 12:43
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Written by Guest on 23.12.2007 at 12:36

That's good. It's nice to see you still listen to stuff you think you won't like.

Backstabber.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
23.12.2007 - 12:46
FrostbittenIlham
Account deleted
Written by Lucas on 23.12.2007 at 12:43

Backstabber.

That's right!!
23.12.2007 - 12:50
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Written by Guest on 23.12.2007 at 12:46

Backstabber.

That's right!!

Still, you know I do not care for a single moment about my so called 'close-mindedness'. I have chosen my bands to avoid, some with a correct justification and some without, but I don't regret it. The incredible amount of amazing bands prove my right, I think.
----

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
23.12.2007 - 13:00
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Lucas on 23.12.2007 at 12:50

Written by Guest on 23.12.2007 at 12:46

Backstabber.

That's right!!

Still, you know I do not care for a single moment about my so called 'close-mindedness'. I have chosen my bands to avoid, some with a correct justification and some without, but I don't regret it. The incredible amount of amazing bands prove my right, I think.

Okay, a bit more off-topicness, but since when are you close-minded? You're not a prog fan, so...
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

23.12.2007 - 13:04
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 23.12.2007 at 13:00

Okay, a bit more off-topicness, but since when are you close-minded? You're not a prog fan, so...

Well, I'm not really close-minded, but I may have a quick judgement on some bands. And some bands I cannot be bothered to check at all, simply because the genre or description doesn't sound appealing. And some people do not really like that. *cough* Ilham *cough*
----

23.12.2007 - 19:47
FrostbittenIlham
Account deleted
Written by Lucas on 23.12.2007 at 13:04

Well, I'm not really close-minded, but I may have a quick judgement on some bands. And some bands I cannot be bothered to check at all, simply because the genre or description doesn't sound appealing. And some people do not really like that. *cough* Ilham *cough*

Who's that?!
24.12.2007 - 01:43
Jason W.
Razorbliss
After listening to the sample and the live video from MFV, I'm sure I'll enjoy the new disc as much as Arcane Rain Fell, their last full-length. I'm also looking forward to having the identical discussions in the Draconian thread regarding why they are bad or good as we did in 2005. :
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
24.12.2007 - 07:15
Opium
Account deleted

Maybe because they develop aversions to certain bands or subgenres?
26.12.2007 - 13:11
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guest on 24.12.2007 at 07:15

I have my aversions to certain bands and subgenres, but I still check those out as much as possible just for the slight off-chance they might surprise me in a positive way.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

26.12.2007 - 19:25
Opium
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 26.12.2007 at 13:11

Written by Guest on 24.12.2007 at 07:15

I have my aversions to certain bands and subgenres, but I still check those out as much as possible just for the slight off-chance they might surprise me in a positive way.

Stilll, I'd guess most people would refuse to check out what a band releases given that thier aversion might also bring about a negative response, whether it be something severe like stomach pains or just a minor headache. Or the aversion they develop might be too powerful on its own (or simply overhwelming, even if it's only minor itself).

You're a brave man, Marcel jk, jk. I've only had a few instances where I've gone back to check a band out, only because opinions seem higher of certain other material and thus it probably IS better. It hasn't worked every time, no surprise there, since I'd be taking a chance every time I do dare to check out a band that either didn't interest me or deterred me from listening again. Also, sometimes the ears have to adjust due to unfamiliarity, this has been the case for me, too. That's probably more rewarding than just liking music from the get-go for the most part, too (Again, for me it has been the case).

Hits total: 3219 | This month: 3