Metal Storm logo
Wintersun - Upcoming Album Frustrations

Kai Hahto, drummer of Wintersun, has posted the following album update on their message board:

"Hey Everybody,

I'm making a little statement where we are at the moment. We're having a lot of problems with our computer at the moment. This resuslts in much frustration and also kills the inspiritation, because we cannot work as we want to and for example one wrong note can cause a whole days work. So the situation is now this. We are finished with everything else except the vocals and synths. We are talking about more orchestral stuff with layers on top of each other, and some songs have some cool choirs!

People, please understand that the scale for this album is much bigger than the first one. I love the first one too, but you can't compare these two at all.

One thing you should also know: When the album is ready mixed and mastered Nuclear Blast will need 3 months to promote it before it's out. It's a huge company and it has it's own ways of working. But let's think this way, we die someday but the music lives on after we have left. And that is just what music should be. Jari has the vision as only he knows and he can't give up until the album is ready but he wants to make sure that he is happy with it before leaving it to you... to listen. Thank you for the patience and we'll keep you informed!"

The full statement can be read here.

Source: wintermadness.net
Band profile: Wintersun
Posted: 22.12.2007 by WinterChild

Comments page 2 / 2

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 51   Visited by: 235 users
23.12.2007 - 07:36
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Stigmatized on 22.12.2007 at 17:02

This album better destroy every album ever made. Especially considering how overrated the first album is.

Hahaha, agreed. It'll probably be pretty good, but still overrated to the point where you cringe every time you hear the name Wintersun, as I do now.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
23.12.2007 - 09:54
FrostbittenIlham
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 23.12.2007 at 06:23

Written by Guest on 22.12.2007 at 22:21

Again, am I the only one who doesn't care?

Why do you even bother posting?

This is bad news indeed, but understandable that they would rather be inspired when creating and altering the music.

Oh don't worry, I have things to say about this news, I just didn't dare to.
Now I'm going to tell. First, the "Time" jokes are bad . And then, the album will surely be not as good as the first one, but the fans will find it fantastic, judging from the excessive praise the first one gets.

But I still don't care .
23.12.2007 - 09:57
Opium
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 23.12.2007 at 09:54

Written by Guest on 23.12.2007 at 06:23

Why do you even bother posting?

This is bad news indeed, but understandable that they would rather be inspired when creating and altering the music.

Oh don't worry, I have things to say about these news, I just didn't dare to.
Now I'm going to tell. First, the "Time" jokes are bad . And then, the album will surely be not as good as the first one, but the fans will find it fantastic, judging from the excessive praise the first one gets.

But I still don't care .

I think that is to be expected by everyone or at least all the main MS'ers.

And yes, the jokes are quite bad, obviously.
23.12.2007 - 11:03
Aghahowa

Happy birthday Jari Mäenpää !
23.12.2007 - 16:38
Hyvaarin

Look, as long as they've backed up their progress so far, I'm happy. If the studio gets hit by a meteor and Jari gives up (which seems increasingly probable), we'll at least have the best parts of the album available.
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
23.12.2007 - 19:49
FrostbittenIlham
Account deleted
Written by Hyvaarin on 23.12.2007 at 16:38

Look, as long as they've backed up their progress so far, I'm happy. If the studio gets hit by a meteor and Jari gives up (which seems increasingly probable), we'll at least have the best parts of the album available.

Haha, I'm sorry. But honestly, to me, it doesn't matter if it's going to be late or not, or if he's having difficulty recording it, Im just waiting for the result.
23.12.2007 - 19:50
RhaegarTargaryen
Telcontar
The praise of the first album isnt there for nothing, it deserve it...I have high hopes for this one too.. Well see how it turns out when it coms out.
----
... For years I have traveled in coldness,
But my heart is warm as the darkened sun above me...
Nothing can never take away
What I've seen with these tired eyes
23.12.2007 - 20:10
Stalker
Lone wanderer
@Dr.Rock - Man, you're a legend. You went so far with your "this-is-overrated" thing, to claim that an album which isnt even released yet is overrated? Cool.
----
24.12.2007 - 06:22
Hyvaarin

Written by Hyvaarin on 23.12.2007 at 16:38

And by "best parts", I mean the guitar and drums.
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
26.12.2007 - 21:55
~Nagash~
Account deleted
They are sure taking all the Time in the world
28.12.2007 - 09:25
TopGun

k im so tired of the stupid fuckin "time" jokes... like 20 up there now all identical

anyways... hope the album is as good as their saying it will be

"we're having having problems with our computer"
Get a new one?
29.12.2007 - 00:19
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Stalker on 23.12.2007 at 20:10

@Dr.Rock - Man, you're a legend. You went so far with your "this-is-overrated" thing, to claim that an album which isnt even released yet is overrated? Cool.

Well young fish, that is what we call a prediction. Hence why I used the word probably. I did not claim to know that that album is going to be an overinflated album, but that is what I think is going to happen.
----
- George Carlin
29.12.2007 - 01:27
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Written by Doc G. on 29.12.2007 at 00:19

Well young fish, that is what we call a prediction. Hence why I used the word probably. I did not claim to know that that album is going to be an overinflated album, but that is what I think is going to happen.

Young fish... LOL Man, Im as young as you are
P.S. Dont take it too seriously, anyway
----
29.12.2007 - 01:30
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Stalker on 29.12.2007 at 01:27

Written by Doc G. on 29.12.2007 at 00:19

Young fish... LOL Man, Im as young as you are
P.S. Dont take it too seriously, anyway

Dont worry, its an internet forum, how seriously can one take it? And yeah, I know your as young as I am, that was the ironic part of the joke, wait, I havnt added in my joke using the word Time yet....uhhhh... Time flies when your having fun!
----
- George Carlin
29.12.2007 - 01:36
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Written by Doc G. on 29.12.2007 at 01:30

Dont worry, its an internet forum, how seriously can one take it? And yeah, I know your as young as I am, that was the ironic part of the joke, wait, I havnt added in my joke using the word Time yet....uhhhh... Time flies when your having fun!

Yeah, of course man, but I think Ive pissed of enough people today, I dont wanna start making shit even on internet hahahah.... Ok, seems Im of topic, TIME to get outa here
----
25.01.2008 - 15:23
cruel pain
carpathian flame
wonder wats taking em so long...
26.01.2008 - 00:05
stormspell
Account deleted
I think Jari has to rename the album from "Time" to "Beyond Eternity" and then set a release date sometime in 2018 so he will have enough time to fuck up with the bloody thing until he is satisfied. Which of course will never happen and he will have to delay it until 2032...

Seriously, it is very retarded to delay an album 4 years seeking a perfection. It will never happen. Set a firm deadline and release it when it is due, or just scrape it out for everyone's sake.

I've been waiting so long for this album, I fear when/IF its out even if it is near perfect, I still will be dissapointed.
05.06.2008 - 13:23
Thryce
Retired Staff
All right, so, Wintersun have posted another so-called "album update" about their upcoming album. Since this update is nothing more than idle gossip and chit chat, and really adds no new information, I really don't see the need to put Wintersun back in the news. You can discuss all your album frustrations here or in the Wintersun thread in the forum. Anyway, here's the update from drummer Kai Hahto:

"It´s been over a year since our last update. We are very sorry for that, but there´s also a good reason. We have been struggling with the new album more than enough and the main reason in the last year has been with lots of computer problems. We had to do this album in a way, that Jari finishes the album at his home studio, when the drums, bass and rhythm guitars were done at Sonic Pump Studios. We didn´t predicted how much problems this would bring us more. This is the first time when we work like this and were very too "green" understanding, what it takes from the computer to handle hundreds of audio and midi tracks. For fast and efficient composing of the orchestrations you need lots of horsepower from the computer. It´s a must have to get as many VST instruments running realtime as possible. And for this you need lots of RAM, but there´s a 4GB limit in 32bit apps, so this has been really painful for Jari. So we are hoping that the change to 64bit era will happen soon, which will put an end to this RAM limit misery. And also with more powerful processors give us the freedom to write and record albums much faster for you!

Thank god we got Nuclear Blast to help us! We have now a new powerful computer and things seem to work much better now. Also we have to thank a lot our manager Stefan Hattinger from Rock The Nation for being so patient with us and helping all the time! Also we want to thank you fans for being so patient and understanding! Last year hasn´t really been easy for us, but now there´s some light in the end of the tunnel. We will get back to you all as soon as we know more about how things are evolving. We really don´t want to disappoint everybody again by promising a release date, because we´ve seen how it has gone before. But we promise to do our best and get this album done as soon as the conditions let us. We will play at Metalcamp in July anyway, but that´s the only show we do this summer. We will concentrate finishing the album and then go back on the road."

Fine words butter no parsnips.
----
Your favorite band sucks.
21.01.2009 - 02:01
BORT

They should call the new album, Chinese Democracy :p
20.05.2009 - 20:29
MeloDeathViking

Written by Bararey on 22.12.2007 at 19:14

haha those guys have worse luck than I do

So should we be expecting an '09 release date?

Hahaha, to think that back in 2007 an '09 release date was a joke, and now a '09 release date my not even happen, makes me not sure whether to laugh or to cry.
----
"I am not superstitious, but I'm a little 'stitious." - Michael Scott
23.11.2009 - 21:07
Angel Of Mercy

2012 release date?
----
Your time will come.

Hits total: 7521 | This month: 5