Metal Storm logo
Gigantour 2008

23.12.2007 - 03:28
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite
With the new, leaner 5 band lineup in speculation, I was wondering what everyone thought of the rumors:

Megadeth
In Flames
Children Of Bodom
Job For A Cowboy
High On Fire

There has been no official word from Dave Mustaine, at least publicly, but those with access to privileged areas of the Gigantour forum are confirming.

Was the 8-to-5 band change a mistake? Or is Dave making the crunch worthwhile?
23.12.2007 - 04:35
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
I went to the first Gigantour and loved it. But since the first, they keep getting weaker, and weaker.

Look at the first one; Megadeth, Dream Theater, Anthrax, Fear Factory, Nevermore, Symphony X, Dry Kill Logic, Life of Agony, Boba Flex and The Dillinger Escape Plan! An All American Line Up (well ecept for James LaBrie )It was the anti-Ozzfest tour. Amazing bands with positive attitudes putting on great shows for a low priced ticket! All those bands got along so well, just look at the DVD when Dream Theater covers "Cemetery Gates" in Dallas with Burt C. Bell, Russel Allen and Dave Mustaine!

But the following Gigantour was not as impressive, the bands didn't seem to fit, and it was just a let down from the original. I feel that there should have on;y been one Gigantour and ended it at that.
----
(space for rent)
23.12.2007 - 04:51
b0000mst1ck
considering this tour probably won't even come through my city i'd likely have to drive over 2 hours to attend.

i wouldn't watch job for a cowboy if they set up in my living room and played. and i wouldn't drive 30 minutes to see in flames, unless there was proof i wouldn't have to listen to anything from reroute to remain and on. if there were 8 bands i'd think about going, depending on who the other bands would be.
23.12.2007 - 07:41
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Yeah, Job For A Cowboy is a pretty new band and High On Fire is a some kinda stoner metal band right? In Flames and Children of Bodom I'm not too sure about...
23.12.2007 - 08:12
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Guest on 23.12.2007 at 07:41

and High On Fire is a some kinda stoner metal band right?

I really hate that term, there just like...really raw heavy metal, simply put, but there very good. But yeah half the supporting acts Id be really excited to see (CoB & HoF). Id probably go to the beer gardens for In Flames and Job For A Cowboy.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
23.12.2007 - 20:35
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Well, High On Fire would be worth going. Though I'd prefer them in a small venue than on a large festival stage.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
23.12.2007 - 23:00
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
I wish I could see this tour...

----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
23.12.2007 - 23:11
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite
Written by Doc G. on 23.12.2007 at 08:12

I really hate that term, there just like...really raw heavy metal, simply put, but there very good.

I still don't understand the genre definition completely, but I have heard Electric Wizard and it sounds very similar to Doom metal sometimes. Was Black Sabbath considered a "stoner" band?

I decided to buy my friend's two High On Fire albums from him and I have only listened to Death Is This Communion so far, sounds good to me. Which album is their best in your opinion?

24.12.2007 - 00:03
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
@Dr. Rock: Hate the term all you want...it's a respectable term...well, stoner rock is...the 70's rock/metal influences and a psychedelic edge that a band takes into their musicality...
24.12.2007 - 02:09
RhaegarTargaryen
Telcontar
Solid lineup, i like it for Bodom and Flames.. and Megadeth ofcourse. But anywayz this is American tour so, I wont see any of it.
----
... For years I have traveled in coldness,
But my heart is warm as the darkened sun above me...
Nothing can never take away
What I've seen with these tired eyes
24.12.2007 - 10:49
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Introspekrieg on 23.12.2007 at 23:11

Written by Doc G. on 23.12.2007 at 08:12

I really hate that term, there just like...really raw heavy metal, simply put, but there very good.

I still don't understand the genre definition completely, but I have heard Electric Wizard and it sounds very similar to Doom metal sometimes. Was Black Sabbath considered a "stoner" band?

I decided to buy my friend's two High On Fire albums from him and I have only listened to Death Is This Communion so far, sounds good to me. Which album is their best in your opinion?

Well, all down to opinion, but I liked Death Is This Communion the best, even check out my review for it if your have the time.
----
- George Carlin
24.12.2007 - 18:03
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Black Sabbath wasn't considered a stoner band...they were considered a heavy metal band...the "stoner" sound (I'll post again) alludes to the psychedelic and 70s rock/metal feel in bands today...the whole plugging guitars through bass amps too...Fu Manchu does this...I'm not sure whether or not Kyuss did...
29.12.2007 - 00:24
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Guest on 24.12.2007 at 00:03

@Dr. Rock: Hate the term all you want...it's a respectable term...well, stoner rock is...the 70's rock/metal influences and a psychedelic edge that a band takes into their musicality...

Meh, maybe its just me, but it doesnt describe the music at all for me, just the fan base. I know stoners who listen to all sorts of crap. I dont know, maybe thats just me.
----
- George Carlin
29.12.2007 - 00:35
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Guest on 24.12.2007 at 18:03

Black Sabbath wasn't considered a stoner band...they were considered a heavy metal band...the "stoner" sound (I'll post again) alludes to the psychedelic and 70s rock/metal feel in bands today...the whole plugging guitars through bass amps too...Fu Manchu does this...I'm not sure whether or not Kyuss did...

Yes Kyuss certainly did that, especially during their live shows.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

29.12.2007 - 00:50
Warman
Erotic Stains
Won't come to Europe, huh?
----
29.12.2007 - 04:31
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
@Marcel: Yeah...they even did covers of Black Sabbath songs...
16.01.2008 - 02:33
Brutalix
Account deleted
It will be nice to see COB fans being brutalized by Job For A Cowbow...
16.01.2008 - 02:54
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite
Written by Guest on 16.01.2008 at 02:33

Then they all can kiss-and-make-up and talk about high school.
20.01.2008 - 07:39
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Guest on 16.01.2008 at 02:33

It will be nice to see Job For A Cowboy being brutalized by the barrage of piss-filled beer bottles the moment they hit the stage in my town.
----
- George Carlin
21.01.2008 - 09:09
deadset61
Account deleted
I would go to this only to see Megadeth and High on Fire. Probably wouldnt go because i dont want any of my money go to bands like Job for a Cowboy
24.01.2008 - 07:53
Cock_Spit
Account deleted
o0o0o Im so going to attend. COB! Finally a decent concert in Winnipeg. Cant fcking wait.
24.01.2008 - 08:08
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Guest on 21.01.2008 at 09:09

I would go to this only to see Megadeth and High on Fire. Probably wouldnt go because i dont want any of my money go to bands like Job for a Cowboy

What a terrible reason to skip out on seeing some decent music. I hat JFAC and In Flames but Im still going because Megadeth are worth it. And besides, most of the money is made in merch anyway.
----
- George Carlin
25.01.2008 - 03:03
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I'm going to go and buy a t-shirt from every single band! GO MERCHANDISE!
25.01.2008 - 15:37
Woutjinho
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 25.01.2008 at 03:03

I'm going to go and buy a t-shirt from every single band! GO MERCHANDISE!

you spend like 40 euros per bandshirt on the tourmerchandise
its just about consuming and spending money on these big events
I would buy them anywhere else

and I'm nog going because of the bands
27.01.2008 - 04:39
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Dude, I seriously don't buy swag at concerts...I was just joking...and you are right because t-shirts are much cheaper at stores...I go for the pure essence of the music and not because this band sucks and this band is better than that bullshit...it's simply an excuse to get out and see a show no matter what bands are there...
30.03.2008 - 07:01
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
@Kap'N
Yeah, I never buy tshirts either, mostly because I end up spending all my money on beer. But the ticket itself is a good enough souvenir for me (mostly so I can keep track of all the bands Ive seen). Though I probably am going to buy a High On Fire T-shirt because I can't remember the last time I've been this excited to see a band. Hell, this might sound crazy but I think I'm more excited for High On Fire than I am for Iron Maiden.
----
- George Carlin
14.10.2008 - 03:02
I saw on of the show on this tour :the only good band were megadeth job for a cowboy and children of bodom and they RULES
14.10.2008 - 05:19
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
@Thrashtildeath:
Are you joking? The reason I ask is because your profile says USA, yet "Yers pos make absulootley no cents in engish". Secondly, JFAC was possibly one of the worst sets I've seen in my life, I hate In Flames but they managed to put on a good show. I assume your one of the kids that showed up late and missed High On Fire? (who put on an amazing set, the only problem being the shortness of it).
----
- George Carlin
19.10.2008 - 09:18
mortjoyeux
Fucking agreeeee with the above post 100%. I wasn't in floor though, I got row 1 so everything was easy as fuck to see.