Metal Storm logo
What can you do for the music?

Original post

Posted by Alex Smith, 24.12.2007 - 16:26
I see a lot of musicians, who dream to become rockstars. They play in studios, create their music at home, make gigs in their home towns or somewhere near. Some of them record CDs... But that's all they do... Few years later they loose their hope. Some of them still play, but for a passion only... Last few months I was thinkin' (and still think), that it's better to leave my "Home Sweet Home", and make a big tour around Europe or even around the world... "Band On The Run", he-he... It's not a problem to find places, where we can rock. Perhaps someone will pay to us attention. But the risk is: all or nothing. But I think, I can do that, because I don't want to live without music. Now the question is - could YOU do this and what could YOU do else for the music?
14.07.2009 - 18:56
Andresopeth

Considering i can't live or eat being a Musician in this country, i guess the only thing i can do is listen to it, and support shows, and promote this, Is not a big help but at least, by my side, metal will never die
15.08.2009 - 01:01
Urizen367

Write songs about space aliens, drinking, phantasm, and junk food.

accompanied by some edgy riffs and cracked out solos.
----
I will not reason and compare, my business is to create.
15.08.2009 - 07:52
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
What can I do for the music eh...this area really doesn't have a scene...so anything I do is doing something for the music around here but to really do something for the music is to get the hell out of here...you can only have dreams and talk in this area and a lot of superior musicians around here have lost their hope and don't care anymore...
16.10.2009 - 17:39
FOOCK Nam

It is a bit complicated question for me, well what all I can do for music atm is listening/enjoying, and yeah playing cover in the future, yes, but to say the big question like what I can contribute for music: the job as music fan ATM.
17.10.2009 - 10:27
Archetype

One of the main reasons that I'm not making music is simply due to the lack of money. If I had a decent guitar, amp and some recording gear then I'd be playing and recording some stuff for sure.

On the topic of promoting music/artists - the internet is an extremely powerful tool and with the right attitude, a band or even a solo artist can gain quite a following in a relatively short amount of time.
28.10.2009 - 22:18
MetallicA

I don't play any instruments so all I do is listen and go to shows. I used to DJ on the radio so therefor that's the only way I ever contributed to my community. (going to shows doesn't count...everyone does that ) I plan on DJing again too...that was alot of fun and I have the itch to get back into it.
----

God's disciples want you to die!
In the blazing inferno
Slewed on Satan's pitchfork
Burning for eternity
Death
I see it coming your way
by my hand... or by your fate
with no remorse.
18.11.2009 - 00:32
Warlock84

I'm in two bands at the moment- my main project is a melodic death metal band, while the other is an folk/ acoustic solo project. My whole life the only thing I have ever cared about was music. I've been playing guitar what feels like forever, work at a music store selling instruments, and spend the majority of my money on cds or going to shows with my friends. All I want to do is get out on stage and play- I have the drive and the talent, but it's difficult to find others just as devoted. I've been working my ass off for years, and I know eventually I will get to where I want to.
----
All we are is the passion that burns inside us
04.12.2009 - 01:38
whatsacow

I just want to be original. i don't want to belong to some scene or some shit, i just want to play whatever the fuck i want to play, and hopefully inspire people to play for music and not for money
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?