Metal Storm logo
Porcupine Tree - Received A Grammy Nomination

Porcupine Tree 's "Fear of a Blank Planet" album has received a nomination at this year's Grammy awards, for "Best Surround Sound Album". The full list of nominees is available on the official Grammy website

In other news, Snapper Music will gradually make Porcupine Tree catalogue available for digital download (including most of the band's music originally issued between 1992-2000) over the next few months. The albums will be made available in chronological order, starting with "On the Sunday of Life..." (1992) and the updated 2005 version of "Up the Downstair" (1993), which will be available from 11th December. The micro-site for the downloads can be found here.

Source: porcupinetree.com
Band profile: Porcupine Tree
Posted: 25.12.2007 by Damnated

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 22   Visited by: 27 users
25.12.2007 - 16:26
Damnated
Churchburner
'bout time
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
25.12.2007 - 16:29
Valar
IndianSteel
Sad day for Porcupine tree.....
----
"It's a dangerous business, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." - J.R.R. Tolkien, "Three Is Company," The Lord of the Rings
25.12.2007 - 17:03
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Great.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
25.12.2007 - 17:10
Duy Hung
Account deleted
I'd rather something like 'Best Rock Album' than this one..., anyway that's fine and good luck to them...
25.12.2007 - 17:15
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Guest on 25.12.2007 at 17:10

I'd rather something like 'Best Rock Album' than this one..., anyway that's fine and good luck to them...

along with Foo Fighters? come off it. they'd lose anyways. and it would just leave a bad taste in anyone's mouth.

ps, they truly deserve this grammy, because Wilson is an excellent producer.
----

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
25.12.2007 - 17:33
Duy Hung
Account deleted
Written by Damnated on 25.12.2007 at 17:15

Written by Guest on 25.12.2007 at 17:10

along with Foo Fighters? come off it. they'd lose anyways. and it would just leave a bad taste in anyone's mouth.

ps, they truly deserve this grammy, because Wilson is an excellent producer.

i mean if it's the only nomination they are given i'd like to see it's something about their music itself, not kinda technology... But, oh well, you're right.. , Porcupine Tree's name beside Foo Fighters .....
25.12.2007 - 19:02
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Guest on 25.12.2007 at 17:33

i mean if it's the only nomination they are given i'd like to see it's something about their music itself, not kinda technology... But, oh well, you're right.. , Porcupine Tree's name beside Foo Fighters .....

this is about the music. it's about its production ..
----

25.12.2007 - 19:13
Duy Hung
Account deleted
Written by Damnated on 25.12.2007 at 19:02

Written by Guest on 25.12.2007 at 17:33

this is about the music. it's about its production ..

yes i know it's about production..., but ok, fair enough
25.12.2007 - 19:48
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Porcupine Tree deserves this Grammy.
25.12.2007 - 21:43
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
worst nomination category ever. i didnt even know there was a genre called "surround sound". what a joke.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
25.12.2007 - 21:51
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by LeChron James on 25.12.2007 at 21:43

worst nomination category ever. i didnt even know there was a genre called "surround sound". what a joke.

why?
----

25.12.2007 - 21:53
Lupas
Maximus
Yeah about time to nominate a metal band .
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
25.12.2007 - 22:35
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Lupas on 25.12.2007 at 21:53

Yeah about time to nominate a metal band .

it's true that they flirt with metal occasionally, but they are not metal.+
----

25.12.2007 - 23:39
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by Damnated on 25.12.2007 at 21:51

why?

wtf is surround sound music? thats not a category of nomination, much less a genre of music. i dont know, i just think if youre gonna nominate a band, nominate them in a category that makes sense and fits their style of music. i dont listen to porcupine tree but im willing to bet that theyre not called surround sound music.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
26.12.2007 - 00:13
Spyroid
Rosetta Stoned
Written by LeChron James on 25.12.2007 at 23:39

why?

wtf is surround sound music? thats not a category of nomination, much less a genre of music. i dont know, i just think if youre gonna nominate a band, nominate them in a category that makes sense and fits their style of music. i dont listen to porcupine tree but im willing to bet that theyre not called surround sound music.

Why does it have to be a style? Music is so much more than genres. There would be no albums without producers, like in this example.
If you didn't understand it, the category is about the best sorround mix of an album, which Porcupine Tree obviously deserves because, like Damnated mentioned, Steven is a great producer.
26.12.2007 - 00:27
Damnated
Churchburner

lawl. this award is about the album's production. every album can be nominated here, as long as the producer did a good job.
----

26.12.2007 - 02:50
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by Spyroid on 26.12.2007 at 00:13

why?

Why does it have to be a style? Music is so much more than genres. There would be no albums without producers, like in this example.
If you didn't understand it, the category is about the best sorround mix of an album, which Porcupine Tree obviously deserves because, like Damnated mentioned, Steven is a great producer.

im not saying it HAS to be a style. i mean in context to the award for which they are nominated it doesnt really make sense. the grammys are all about style, theres no 2 ways about it. all the categories in the grammys are like "best pop album, best male performance in a female based song", that kinda tihng. its just odd to me that a band such as porcupine tree is nominated for a category that, while makes sense for their style of music, wouldnt make sense to the other trillion people that are gonna be tuning into the grammys. people that listen to jessica simpson dont listen to porcupine tree (generally).
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

26.12.2007 - 13:05
Nazeef

Grammy?!! side by side with those like...
Next video clip shot in Holllyyywwwoooooodd!! that's horrid!!
----
http://www.myspace.com/shallishine
26.12.2007 - 14:11
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by LeChron James on 26.12.2007 at 02:50

all the categories in the grammys are like "best pop album, best male performance in a female based song", that kinda tihng. its just odd to me that a band such as porcupine tree is nominated for a category that, while makes sense for their style of music, wouldnt make sense to the other trillion people that are gonna be tuning into the grammys. people that listen to jessica simpson dont listen to porcupine tree (generally).

how can you live in such ignorance?
----

27.12.2007 - 18:11
Spyroid
Rosetta Stoned
I give up
27.12.2007 - 18:23
Icewings
La Luna
Welll at least they took them in consideration ..
----

Metalheads for Black Lives and Land Back
27.12.2007 - 22:03
Bitch Boy

I don't care about the category, it's good they're nominated and I hope they win.

Hits total: 5776 | This month: 6