Metal Storm logo
Best metal DVD from your collection

Original post

Posted by Abattoir, 25.12.2007 - 17:55
I know the some of you got a big collection of DVDs' , someone smaller and I am interested which one is the best or means the most to you. And, tell why do you like it at most...
Mine collection is poor, but anyway I have got some DVDs and the best is for me Wrath Of The Norsemen from Amon Amarth. Great live 3 DVDs, filmed in 5 different places and festivals...
Well, exspress your opinion.
17.04.2008 - 01:57
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by ylside on 17.04.2008 at 01:43

Written by Oracle on 09.01.2008 at 08:11

Therion - Celebrators Of Becoming
I watched it recently with Matt and i thought it was really good

Wholeheartly agreed. <3
Wha an awesome DVD set that really disappoints no one even the die hard Death Metal period fans of Therion.

And what a crying shame that for the 2006 Awards it got beat by such commercial mediocre dvds such as Nightwish - End Of An Era, Amond Amarth - Wrath Of The Norsemen, Kamelot - One Cold Winter's Night, Dream Theater - Score, and had to share honours for joined 5th place with Arch Enemy - Live Apocalypse

whereas the Therion DVD was the only one worht it's money with unreleased stuff on it and over 8 hours long. But then again this just shows that good quality is NOT recognised by the voters of the Awards that they are being led by the big names and companies and can't make up their minds for themselves.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

17.04.2008 - 19:41
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 17.04.2008 at 01:57

Written by ylside on 17.04.2008 at 01:43

Written by Oracle on 09.01.2008 at 08:11

Therion - Celebrators Of Becoming
I watched it recently with Matt and i thought it was really good

Wholeheartly agreed. <3
Wha an awesome DVD set that really disappoints no one even the die hard Death Metal period fans of Therion.

And what a crying shame that for the 2006 Awards it got beat by such commercial mediocre dvds such as Nightwish - End Of An Era, Amond Amarth - Wrath Of The Norsemen, Kamelot - One Cold Winter's Night, Dream Theater - Score, and had to share honours for joined 5th place with Arch Enemy - Live Apocalypse

whereas the Therion DVD was the only one worht it's money with unreleased stuff on it and over 8 hours long. But then again this just shows that good quality is NOT recognised by the voters of the Awards that they are being led by the big names and companies and can't make up their minds for themselves.

Marcel, I have a problem and it is that I don't think like you do. Is there anything that I could do so that I can fix this flaw in me. hmm, I will send you through PM my email address and my password so that you can post for me from now on.
----
Christless
17.04.2008 - 20:08
Necrogeddon
Born Too Late
i dont have many, but i love SYL for those aboot to rock and the unholy alliance dvd with slayer, mastodon, lamb of god, COB.

also its not a live dvd but i absolutely love metal a headbangers journey
----
'I wish you all had one neck and that I had my hands on it.'
18.04.2008 - 03:00
Dark Blood
The Avenger
I guess nº 1 is Metallica's Live Shit pack. I also like One Cold Winter's Night (Kamelot), End of an Era (Nightwish) and Lamentation (Opeth).
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
20.04.2008 - 06:51
Nighthowls
Paratrooper
I'd have to say Maiden's "Raising Hell" LMAO although its got an Awesome set list, the stage antics given by the magician are fucking hillarious. For those of you who don't know, It's a venue show intertwined with a Cheesy ass magic show. Don't get me wrong though, it's fun to watch. That's why I'm writing about it. As for Maiden's performance. Well, it's Maiden so of course it's fucking great I recommend it to all Maiden fans who haven't watched it. UP THE IRONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sale chavos
20.06.2009 - 13:21
Jan Destiny

Rammstein's Live aus Berlin and Nightwish's End of an era. These are my favourites
----
"Fiction is the truth inside the lie" (Stephen King)
20.06.2009 - 13:47
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Kreators live 2003 and a rare metallica live in san fransisco at about 1990... but i don't have many dvd's...
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
20.06.2009 - 16:10
Bobby_Loggins
Account deleted
Im a sucker for Backstage footage. One of my favourites has to be Pantera "3 Vulgar Videos from Hell" great dvd got a bit of everything. Only grumble is maybe not enough complete live footage although with the all in one package you also get the set from their Moscow appearance in the early 90's, that was a lot of people!

Stormtroopers Of Death: Kill Yourself (The Movie) is also well worth getting. Much in the style of the Pantera dvd's.

Best one ive got is on my computer though. Not an official release but its Megadeth live in Birmingham UK back in 1990! Birmingham's my home town! It's the coolest thing ever its all filmed through a handheld camera but the picture and sound quality is great. Starts backstage with the band goofing around and then going through an unplugged version of Lucretia before they go on. Gig footage is filmed from the front of the stage, great quality considering its not professionaly shot.

Want to get my hands on Flight 666 but cant realy afford it right now. Definately on my list of stuff to get. Along with the Anvil documentary!
01.10.2009 - 01:11
ToMegaTherion

Opeth's Lamentations would have to rate the top of my list. It is a beautiful work of art with two distinct faces, Damnation in one set, Deliverance the other with some Blackwater Park in between. It is performed beautifully and produced very well.
01.10.2009 - 11:16
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
So far i only have Priest's Live Vengance '82 dvd in my collection... but i plan new items
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

29.01.2011 - 17:06
BrokenKnuckles

Cliff 'em Alll

RIP
29.01.2011 - 17:36
Luneth
Account deleted
Histoy of the Other Side by Versailles.

RIP Jasmine
29.01.2011 - 19:35
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Rush: Beyond the Lighted Stage

Excellent old school video footage and terrific interviews with fellow musicians!
----
rekt
04.04.2011 - 11:58
zero

The last DVD of Arcturus
05.04.2011 - 15:07
Zenzero
Zenzero
I have few... But my choose is easy: Sentenced - Buried Alive! It WAS my dream to see them live! I said WAS cuz it won't ever happen!
06.04.2011 - 04:17
MetalSpider

I don't have many:

Opeth - The Roundhouse Tapes
Nevermore - The Year of the Voyager
Amon Amarth - The Wrath of the Norsemen
Iron Maiden - Rock in Rio
Iron Maiden - Death on the Road
G3 - Live in Tokyo (Satriani, Vai and Petrucci)

Of those, I still haven't watched the Opeth DVD. The Wrath of the Norsemen and Rock in Rio are probably my favourites.

I also have Kamelot's One Cold Winter Night and Ensiferum's 10th Anniversary Live...but those were downloaded. The Kamelot one was great!
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
06.04.2011 - 20:23
moe5512

Well the best live dvds are COB- Stockholm Knockout live, Amophis- Forging the Land of Thousand Lakes, and a Finnish Summer with Turisas
best documentary is flight 666 and Global Metal

other notable dvds are Ensiferum 10th anniversary, Sonata Arctica- For the sake of revenge and Dimmu borgir-The Invaluable Darkness
07.04.2011 - 07:55
Void_Eater
Account deleted
Combat Tour-The Ultimate Revenge. Slayer, Venom, and Exodus live in 1984. What's not to love? My second favrorite would be Overkill's live at Wacken. It's just a standard concert D.V.D, but it's Overkill giving the concert, who is my favorite live band.
07.04.2011 - 13:57
Cybertrash

I am very fond of Rage - From the Cradle to the Stage, even though I'd say it would have been a better sound with a rythm guitarist on stage.

Blind Guardian - Imaginations Through the Looking Glass is also a good one. Perfectly produced imho.
----
Dibbukim - Az a foygl un a goylem tantsn, out on GM Music April 25th!

http://www.dibbukim.com
11.04.2011 - 11:44
Costa

Blind Guardian - Imaginations Through The Looking Glass
Nightwish - End Of an Era
12.04.2011 - 14:06
BrokenKnuckles

Metallica Cliff 'em all
12.04.2011 - 16:49
Tormentor666

Iron Maiden - Live After Death.
----
WARFARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
12.04.2011 - 18:49
Storchillarn

Written by MetalSpider on 06.04.2011 at 04:17

I don't have many:

Of those, I still haven't watched the Opeth DVD. The Wrath of the Norsemen and Rock in Rio are probably my favourites.

Roundhouse Tapes is, IMO, an incredible showcase of Opeth's live talents. Extremely well produced DVD! I think it beats their Albert Hall performance, even though the setlist isn't quite as good. Anyways, you should definately watch it.

I love Maiden live but their DVD's aren't that fun to watch in a focused state. Sure, you can put em on and let them play in the background but the editing is awful and you're likely to end up with an epileptic attack watching. At least Rock in Rio. Thx, Steve Harris for that. :

Personally I love Alive in Athens with Iced Earth, although the production is crappy.
12.04.2011 - 23:03
MetalSpider

Written by Storchillarn on 12.04.2011 at 18:49

Written by MetalSpider on 06.04.2011 at 04:17

I don't have many:

Roundhouse Tapes is, IMO, an incredible showcase of Opeth's live talents. Extremely well produced DVD! I think it beats their Albert Hall performance, even though the setlist isn't quite as good. Anyways, you should definately watch it.

I love Maiden live but their DVD's aren't that fun to watch in a focused state. Sure, you can put em on and let them play in the background but the editing is awful and you're likely to end up with an epileptic attack watching. At least Rock in Rio. Thx, Steve Harris for that. :

Personally I love Alive in Athens with Iced Earth, although the production is crappy.

I'll definitely watch Roundhouse Tapes whenever I get the chance.

I enjoyed Rock in Rio quite a lot. I do agree though...the editing wasn't that great.

And Alive in Athens is one DVD that I really want to get my hands on!
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
20.04.2011 - 08:29
poison-evie

Global Metal. fucking awesome documentary, with some good interviews and footage.
02.06.2011 - 13:33
Metal_4Ever

Kamelot - One Cold Winter's Night ... Fuckn awesome
02.06.2011 - 14:28
Tormentor666

I don't buy DVD's as often as CDs, so I don't have many of them. But surely "Live After Death" is the best material I have on DVD.
----
WARFARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
02.06.2011 - 19:16
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted
Krisiun - Live Armageddon

One of my favorite live performances.
02.06.2011 - 20:29
(((O)))

Isis - Clearing The Eye

The tracklist consists of songs from Isis older albums and it's a great DVD.
02.06.2011 - 20:31
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted
Written by (((O))) on 02.06.2011 at 20:29

Isis - Clearing The Eye

The tracklist consists of songs from Isis older albums and it's a great DVD.

Agreed. I watch this every so often.