Metal Storm logo
Best metal DVD from your collection

25.12.2007 - 17:55
Abattoir

I know the some of you got a big collection of DVDs' , someone smaller and I am interested which one is the best or means the most to you. And, tell why do you like it at most...
Mine collection is poor, but anyway I have got some DVDs and the best is for me Wrath Of The Norsemen from Amon Amarth. Great live 3 DVDs, filmed in 5 different places and festivals...
Well, exspress your opinion.
25.12.2007 - 18:06
Warman
Erotic Stains
Shit... I don't know if I can choose. There are four I really love:
Metallica Live Sh*t: Binge & Purge: Two great concerts and three awesome CD:s.
Dream Theater Metropolis 2000: Scenes From New York: They play one of the best albums of all time and it's just amazing to see how skilled the band is.
Children Of Bodom Chaos Ridden Years | Stockholm Knockout Live: I was there and it was one of the best nights in my entire life.
Iron Maiden Live at Ullevi: A great bootleg DVD, the concert filmed by Swedish television. Again, I was there and it was amazing.
----
26.12.2007 - 03:29
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Opeth: Lamentations is the best one from my collection
26.12.2007 - 10:49
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
dont have many at all, i prefer the CD's, so from my 2 or 3 collection, prob Metallica - Some Kind of Monster, quite interesting to see what they went through to make St Anger, some may think why bother?
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
26.12.2007 - 16:35
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Well, thats a tough question. I will have to think about it. Hum maybe Dream Theater's "Score" because they play rare songs and its a great show overall. And then I also love Death's Live in L.A.

Actually I love all the dvds I have. I never regretted buying any of them. And I'm proud to have what I consider good dvds. I have dvds from all my favourite bands, I feel I need that, to see them play live.

And yes I'm obsessed with dvds, I spend a lot of money on dvds.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
26.12.2007 - 17:02
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Nightwish - End Of An Era...best DVD ever
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

26.12.2007 - 18:24
Stigmatized
Slayer's Still Reigning is probably the best I have. Great sound quality and very cool to see the whole album played live. Lamb of God's Killadelphia was also really good since they included a lot of stuff bands wouldn't, but the sound quality was almost too good. It's almost like they played the studio version over their live performance.
27.12.2007 - 01:25
IronAngel

I don't have a lot of DVDs, I find that I rarely watch them. Some of the best include The Gathering's A Noise Severe (I have yet to get A Sound Relief), D'espairsRay's Liquidize, Blind Guardian's Imaginations Through the Looking Glass and Opeth's Lamentations (though it's visually daunting and almost horrible at times). However, I think the very best has to be Kalemot: One Cold Winter's Night. The production is excellent, the band is top-notch and the set is pretty damn tight. It manages to capture the live feeling of the band better than anything I've seen. I got the DVD from their concert when they were in Finland the last time, and I swear, the atmosphere was perfectly recognizable live as it was when I watched the DVD home. That doesn't happen often.
27.12.2007 - 06:08
Ascalon

I got a compilation of 3 DVD of Brice Dickinson in his solo project .. Anthology I think it's the name it's quite goog DVD with goo concerst and good songs
----
"Follow your steps and you'll find, the unknown ways are on your mind" (Angra)
27.12.2007 - 20:35
Hellsing

Pat Metheny Group "Speaking of Now" (Jazz Music) it's simply amazing....
Porcupine Tree at Chicago City "Arriving Somehere but not Here"
Opeth "Lamentations"
----
±M@u®î©îر
www.myspace.com/voidcr
www.myspace.com/strato_mauricio
28.12.2007 - 00:23
Anthem

All my Dream Theater concerts but best is Scenes from a memory in NY
----
I swear by my life and love for it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor shall I ask another to live for me.

John Galt
02.01.2008 - 01:41
juanopereira

Iron Maiden - Rock in Rio. What a great show!! their live performances are incredible. Also they sound amazing. I can't wait to see them in march.
04.01.2008 - 08:00
Torture Killer
Account deleted
Anthrax-Alive
Slayer-War at the Warfield

these i watch all the time
04.01.2008 - 08:46
slayer_pwns
Account deleted
mine would probly be iron maiden-visions of the beast.
its pretty cool.
04.01.2008 - 17:49
torniojaws

Personally I like very few live DVDs, but two stand out heads above others. And I consider DVDs as an entirety, not just a live show.

Evergrey - A Night to Remember (2DVD)
The Berzerker - The Principles and Practices of

The Evergrey DVD features one of the best DVD gigs I've ever seen in pretty much everything. The feeling of almost being there, the atmosphere, the arc of drama, the songs, the playing and sounds. It's simply perfect and honest. And add to that 6 hours of excellent studio, equipment and tour footage spanning their entire discography to date of the DVD, it's everything you could wish for in a DVD.

The same goes for The Berzerker DVD. While the gig isn't quite as good as the Evergrey gig, the feeling is very very nice. And the studio footage is damn near perfect for both albums. I'm a sucker for good studio/equipment videos and thus I may be a bit biased, since most DVDs have extremely little - if any at all - equipment and studio related things.
----
Vortech - New album out! VortechMusic.com Industrial Death Metal
04.01.2008 - 19:41
Dominique
Account deleted
Metallica, Some Kind of Monster.
06.01.2008 - 01:46
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Therion - Celebrators Of Becoming

A great boxset featuring 4 dvds and 2 cds, the dvds contain an entire live show, clips from past live shows, making the music, a short movie, music videos and a good section on history. Just a great dvd set.

A few other ones i really love from my collection are:

Blind Guardian - Imaginations Through The Looking Glass
Nightwish - End Of Innocence
Iron Maiden - The Early Years
Ozzy Osbourne - Live & Loud
06.01.2008 - 03:50
Ignusblack

Whaoo... There are a lot of great goods Dvds... from mi collection I can say five...

1. Carpathian Forest - We're Going To Hollywood For This
2. Windir - SognaMetal
3. Arkona - Zhizn Vo Slavu
4. Therion - Celebrators of Becoming
5. Shaaman - Ritual

Are One of the greates I believe In my collection
06.01.2008 - 16:31
DrunkenFuck
Thrasher!
Probably Blind Guardian - Imaginations Through The Looking Glass and Metallica's Live In San Diego. They're both amazingly awesome.
----
THRASH!!!
06.01.2008 - 16:45
Warman
Erotic Stains
Damn I forgot Metallica: Some Kind of Monster... always breaks my heart.
----
06.01.2008 - 20:41
RhysTerk

Yeah, i think Metallica: Some kind of monster is great, maybe the best in my collection, actually think the whole St. Anger-album is very underrated, but if you wanna attack me for this, please do that as a pm
06.01.2008 - 20:45
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by RhysTerk on 06.01.2008 at 20:41

Yeah, i think Metallica: Some kind of monster is great, maybe the best in my collection, actually think the whole St. Anger-album is very underrated, but if you wanna attack me for this, please do that as a pm

I think they've already laughed enough at me for over 2 years for liking that album!
----
06.01.2008 - 20:52
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Warman on 06.01.2008 at 20:45

I think they've already laughed enough at me for over 2 years for liking that album!

And I am still laughing
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

06.01.2008 - 21:01
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 06.01.2008 at 20:52

Written by Warman on 06.01.2008 at 20:45

And I am still laughing

Hahaha, shut up!
----
06.01.2008 - 21:21
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
I just have two DVDs... from the same band jajajajaja xD my DVD coletion is nothing... for me it's better to have normal cds...

I have Live aus Berlin and Vörkerball of Rammstein...
And they just kick ass!!! The put the best shows.. fire, anger.. it's just a f*cking circus ajajja xD

Anyway.. I want to have some other DVDs.. for exempel Opeth's damnation.
----
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
08.01.2008 - 06:17
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
Ensiferum - 10th Anniversary no doubt about it
08.01.2008 - 06:41
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
just recently got Dream Theater - imagse and words live in tokyo / 5 years in a livetime double feature, and that is now that is my best metal DVD from my collection
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
08.01.2008 - 10:48
Woutjinho
Account deleted
The Crown - The Crowned Unholy
but i dont do DVD's. I pay money for them, but I rarely watch them
08.01.2008 - 13:12
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by BurbotsRevenge on 08.01.2008 at 06:41

just recently got Dream Theater - imagse and words live in tokyo / 5 years in a livetime double feature, and that is now that is my best metal DVD from my collection

Actually I think Labrie's vocals on those are quite weak at some points. I guess he was still a bit inexperient then and the songs are tough.
----

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
08.01.2008 - 17:24
Abattoir

Recently I bought the DDVD : 20 years of Nuclear Blast...it's very cool; there are approximatly 60 vids, history about the label and so on. Great staff...