Metal Storm logo
Australian Metalstormers

Original post

Posted by Dark Cornatus, 26.12.2007 - 05:19
This must be the 5th thread now for Aussie stormers? Possibly 6th.

How was everyones xmas?
03.08.2011 - 17:11
Raiden
Down Under Staff
elite
Just bought my Blind Guardian ticket, so I guess I'm going too!

Yeah there isn't much to go to otherwise. Forbidden wouldn't be too bad but that's this weekend I think. Soundwave Revolution doesn't have enough to make me want to part with that much money.
----
"Scream for me Melbourne!!!!"
- Bruce Dickinson

"I don't see any god up here"
- Yuri Gagarin (while in orbit, 1961)
05.08.2011 - 09:34
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
elite
Written by Raiden on 03.08.2011 at 17:11

Yeah there isn't much to go to otherwise. Forbidden wouldn't be too bad but that's this weekend I think. Soundwave Revolution doesn't have enough to make me want to part with that much money.

I was thinking the same with Soundwave, i actually wouldn't mind going now just for the social aspect and seeing bands like Gojira, but going alone i think not LOL.
06.08.2011 - 03:23
Eternal Flames
Yeah, there's really only a handful of bands I want to see at Soundwave but as you said, it's worth seeing bands like Gojira, Watain and Devin Townsend. I'll be going to the Sydney show for that, so if you do decide to go Matt, let me know and we'll sort to meet up.

@Will - are you going to the first Melbourne show on October 2? I noticed the other day the first show has almost sold out and they've announced a second Melbourne show for the following night?
06.08.2011 - 05:02
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
elite
How much were the tickets? Yeah it just seems a bit much when i wont even like 90% of the music there. It is also at an awkward time between my uni res school in Armidale and the Blind Guardian gig which makes it too expensive really.
06.08.2011 - 06:32
Eternal Flames
Ah, tickets were about $150ish from memory. I'm driving up with a friend on the day of the show and driving back right after the show as I have work the next day so fortunately don't have to pay to stay in Sydney overnight.

Although, should be back in Canberra by about 2am and I need to be up at 6 for work Fuck, didn't think that one through very well.
06.08.2011 - 10:39
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
elite
Hahaha, i think a sickie is on the agenda Gordana LOL.
09.08.2011 - 08:38
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
elite
Did Soundwave get cancelled? Someone posted something on facebook about it.
09.08.2011 - 09:45
Raiden
Down Under Staff
elite
Written by Dark Cornatus on 05.08.2011 at 09:34

Written by Raiden on 03.08.2011 at 17:11

I was thinking the same with Soundwave, i actually wouldn't mind going now just for the social aspect and seeing bands like Gojira, but going alone i think not LOL.

Yeah the one I went to this year was with a few people. Outdoor festivals do seem to be a bit more social than club gigs.

Written by Eternal Flames on 06.08.2011 at 03:23

@Will - are you going to the first Melbourne show on October 2? I noticed the other day the first show has almost sold out and they've announced a second Melbourne show for the following night?

Yeah I'm going on the Sunday. I hadn't heard about a second show.
----
- Bruce Dickinson

10.08.2011 - 10:29
Eternal Flames
Written by Dark Cornatus on 09.08.2011 at 08:38

Did Soundwave get cancelled? Someone posted something on facebook about it.

Yeah it did get cancelled. The announcement was a bit sudden, but I'm not too fussed. I'd assume a few of the bands will still come over and do their own headlining tours anyway.

@Raiden - Awesome, we'll have to catch up for a drink before the show. I don't think we've caught up since... Screamfest?
10.08.2011 - 14:38
Raiden
Down Under Staff
elite
Yeah some are doing tours and/or mini festivals. I've updated the event page.

A drink sounds good. It has been about that long I think. We both went to the summer version of Screamfest but you came in the evening or something?
----
- Bruce Dickinson

11.08.2011 - 14:34
Eternal Flames
Haha yep, the summer Soundwave was on the same week that I had moved up to Canberra so I basically flew down straight after work, suffered flight delays and made it just in time for Iron Maiden.

I'll be driving down to Melbourne a few days before the Blind Guardian show this time so shouldn't have that same problem!
30.08.2011 - 15:51
whatsacow
Anyone going to see Alcest?
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
30.08.2011 - 17:05
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
elite
Written by whatsacow on 30.08.2011 at 15:51

Hmmm i can't really say yet. I wouldn't mind seeing them, but i'll have to wait for work rosters to change first. Are you going? I listened to a few songs on youtube which i like, as i have only known them for their Le Secret EP when they were first introduced here on MS.
31.08.2011 - 04:52
whatsacow
Written by Dark Cornatus on 30.08.2011 at 17:05

Hmmm i can't really say yet. I wouldn't mind seeing them, but i'll have to wait for work rosters to change first. Are you going? I listened to a few songs on youtube which i like, as i have only known them for their Le Secret EP when they were first introduced here on MS.

Yeah, if there are still tickets left. They aren't THAT popular, so I should be right
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
01.09.2011 - 06:59
Judas
The Amputator
Written by whatsacow on 31.08.2011 at 04:52

Yeah, if there are still tickets left. They aren't THAT popular, so I should be right

I'll definitely be going to the Brisbane show. Matt, I'll probably fly down to Sydney for Blind Guardian too so if you're going it'd be good to meet up for a drink or something. Been a long time!
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
01.09.2011 - 17:02
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
elite
Written by Judas on 01.09.2011 at 06:59

I'll definitely be going to the Brisbane show. Matt, I'll probably fly down to Sydney for Blind Guardian too so if you're going it'd be good to meet up for a drink or something. Been a long time!

That would be awesome Vik! Is your mobile still ........761? It would be cool to meet up before the gig for a beer. I'm going down with my brother in law, and i think i've found a taker for my spare second ticket, but i still need to confirm that - a school friend and his girlfriend (he used to be Ensiferum on here but account is gone, and she is back_off on here). Might be able to get a gathering going haha.
06.09.2011 - 20:12
Judas
The Amputator
Written by Dark Cornatus on 01.09.2011 at 17:02

That would be awesome Vik! Is your mobile still ........761? It would be cool to meet up before the gig for a beer. I'm going down with my brother in law, and i think i've found a taker for my spare second ticket, but i still need to confirm that - a school friend and his girlfriend (he used to be Ensiferum on here but account is gone, and she is back_off on here). Might be able to get a gathering going haha.

Yup, mobile number is still the same. Bought my ticket and booked my flights yesterday, can't wait! Should grab beer and food before the show, all-ages gig probably means no alcohol in the venue haha.
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
07.09.2011 - 01:25
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
elite
Written by Judas on 06.09.2011 at 20:12

Written by Dark Cornatus on 01.09.2011 at 17:02

Yup, mobile number is still the same. Bought my ticket and booked my flights yesterday, can't wait! Should grab beer and food before the show, all-ages gig probably means no alcohol in the venue haha.

Yep, sounds great. Well we can confirm times a little closer to the the date.
25.09.2011 - 13:50
Archetype
Anybody going to the Be'lakor show in Melbourne this coming Saturday (1st Oct)?
26.09.2011 - 02:29
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
elite
Written by Archetype on 25.09.2011 at 13:50

Anybody going to the Be'lakor show in Melbourne this coming Saturday (1st Oct)?

Oh how i wish i was, i love Be'lakor. Grr Melbourne!
23.12.2011 - 22:47
whatsacow
Anyone going to Soundwave next year? There are some decent bands going: Devin Townsend, Meshuggah, Gojira, Mastodon etc.
----
22.01.2012 - 12:41
Raiden
Down Under Staff
elite
I went last year and I do like the look of some bands but there's not really a big drawcard for me this year. I think I need one if I'm going to shell out $160+ for a festival. Iron Maiden was obviously it last year and you pay pretty much that amount for one of their shows anyway. System Of A Down and Marilyn Manson don't really stack up to that IMO.
----
- Bruce Dickinson

07.03.2012 - 23:23
Sonic MrSumo
I went to the Sydney show, and it was great. Of the 8 or so sets I saw, the only one that was mediocre at best was Limp Bizkit. Limp Bizkit are no longer in the house...they're out being douch bags.

Lamb Of God was the stand out for me closely followed by Gojira.
----
All the bridges in the world won't save you, if there's no other side to cross to.
- Rock poetry from Silverchair.
23.03.2012 - 00:35
EW
Melbourne Soundwave was good also. Highlight was Mastodon. Did anyone see Dredg? The singer cracked the shits i think because there was hardly anyone there. Kinda put me off their music a lot. Was pretty funny though.
11.03.2013 - 12:40
Archetype
The thread's been dead for nearly a year. Time for a resurrection!

Any fellow Metalstormers from Melbourne seeing Opeth and Katatonia this Thursday?
28.04.2013 - 13:43
whatsacow
Anyone seeing Ne Obliviscaris in June? I'm going to the Melbourne one. The supporting bands look pretty good too
----
22.09.2013 - 13:19
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Guest on 22.09.2013 at 07:09

Fukk knows why I even logged into my account again but this site has really gone to shit seriously am so glad I do not waste my life on here anymore or bother with half the metal scene either since now its all just repetitive boring shit metal has seriously take n a turn for the worse thankfully finnish metal is still alive and kicking so many other bands I just couldnt care less about now like Slayer Metallica Sepultura and so many more for the most part now metal sucks major arse and now I know why I spend more time gaming than with music now cause gaming is way more satisfying :-) what the fukk happened to everyone on here anyway did they all get lives in the real world or something...?

You got to work upon on using dots in sentences, mate fucking maid. Take a help from Tony Abbott if you want to....

About "logging here and wasting your time", i suggest you better shut down your account and play with kangaroos. No, seriously many people get fed up seeing Metal updates from loads of bands EVERY DAY, for them it's better to shut away from scene and enjoy the life to whatever way they want to. Don't blame site for going down or crap, many staff members work their asses off for keeping up this cool friendly community updated. You hate it, simple, delete your account or leave your shitty account and log back when you're back with your senses.
15.10.2013 - 08:45
no one
Account deleted

Fukk knows why I even logged into my account again but this site has really gone to shit seriously am so glad I do not waste my life on here anymore or bother with half the metal scene either since now its all just repetitive boring shit metal has seriously take n a turn for the worse thankfully finnish metal is still alive and kicking so many other bands I just couldnt care less about now like Slayer Metallica Sepultura and so many more for the most part now metal sucks major arse and now I know why I spend more time gaming than with music now cause gaming is way more satisfying :-) what the fukk happened to everyone on here anyway did they all get lives in the real world or something...?

gaming better than music ? never deserved to be on here talking about music anyway.
15.10.2013 - 14:36
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by Guest on 15.10.2013 at 08:45

gaming better than music ? never deserved to be on here talking about music anyway.

I love how he whines that metal has taken a turn for the worse and that only Finnish metal is alive and kicking. Clearly an extreme mainstream metaller who really doesn't want to dig deeper and wants everything to be served on a platter to him.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

16.10.2013 - 00:22
3rdWorld
China was a neat

am so glad I do not waste my life on here anymore or bother with half the metal scene either since now its all just repetitive boring shit metal has seriously take n a turn for the worse thankfully finnish metal is still alive and kicking so many other bands I just couldn't care less about now like Slayer Metallica Sepultura and so many more for the most part now metal sucks major arse

You seriously haven't looked hard enough or don't know where to look or atleast didn't take the patience to do so. I can give you like atleast 25+ albums that will change your perception on metal in 2013. But only if you had the patience to do so, it would be highly rewarding for you.

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 15.10.2013 at 14:36

I love how he whines that metal has taken a turn for the worse and that only Finnish metal is alive and kicking. Clearly an extreme mainstream metaller who really doesn't want to dig deeper and wants everything to be served on a platter to him.

That is why I check out more contemporary releases than do back-cataloging (That is also pending so much ) because I want to know the current state of the metal genre with the so called "Rock is dead" and "Metal is dead" thrown away these days. That's the most lamest statement one can utter. Long story short: Metal is more alive than ever in '13.