Metal Storm logo
Fanlist Bug

‹‹ Back to Bugs
08.06.2006 - 19:01
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Ivan, good job on putting back the fans and connections in the band-profiles, though I discovered a bug.

I couldn't resist checking out Behemoth's profile for the fans, and saw this list:

Vinterblot
Kurzag
C-Dub
Nervel
Baz Anderson
Nokkkkkkkkkkkkk etc.

Nothing wrong with that list, but if you click on 'Vinterblot' to see his profile it says: Error! No user is selected.
When I then go back, and click on the second name, Kurzag, it goes to Ivan's profile. When I go back again, and click on C-Dub, it goes to Blackgir's profile.

Also, when I click on the first name 'Vinterblot' my Internet Explorer says: Busy loading www.metalstorm.ee/etc. etc. user_id=0

With Kurzag, second in line it says: .... user_id=1. With C-Dub it says: .... user_id=2 and so on, and so on.

Seems like a big bug. Hope I explained clearly enough, and that you can do something about it.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
08.06.2006 - 19:47
Ivan
Retired Admin
Fixed, thanks!
09.06.2006 - 16:00
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Ok, good. No problem.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
09.11.2006 - 14:25
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Not sure where else to put this but the heading fits...

The band Psycroptic has been added as a invisible band. I have the band in my profile for 'favourite bands' and when looking at the band profile hours before i was listed under 'fans', good so far... but just now when i edited my favourite bands *Psycroptic still IN my favourite list* i went and looked in the bands profile and i was not long under the fans part.

Psycroptic are still under my favourite bands in my profile, so just wondering why im not appearing in their fans list anymore. Note: i have double check that it is spelt correctly.

Hope its clear what im trying to say
----

Hellcunt Smurf
09.11.2006 - 17:18
Ivan
Retired Admin
Theoretically, invisible bands shouldn't have the list of fans - apparently the band has been briefly activated at some point, which caused the fans list to appear - and then the status was changed back to invisible.
09.11.2006 - 21:21
Damnated
Churchburner
and here comes my problem. Xasthur is not an active band, right? still I'm listed as a fan. but this doesn't happen in the case of Leviathan too, although I added the band in my profile, and Leviathan has an acitive fanlist.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
09.11.2006 - 23:37
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
That explains it, thanks
----

Hellcunt Smurf
17.11.2006 - 12:14
iaberis
Advice Troll
I found another problem/bug about the fanlist. I can't explain it, so I will give an example:
If you go to Axxis (band) profile, you'll see that there are 3 fans.
You'll also see the that "Axxis fans also like: Helloween"
The problem here is, that the 3 fans also like Iron Maiden and Blind Guardian, which are not featured though, in the "Also like" list. I've noticed that happening elsewhere too...
----
Bitch! Please
17.11.2006 - 14:03
Ivan
Retired Admin
Finally found the problem - just a stupid little mistake from my side. Fixed now.
16.05.2010 - 13:22
vull

How do you fan a band?
----
' v '
16.05.2010 - 14:45
wrathchild

Written by vull on 16.05.2010 at 13:22

How do you fan a band?

You just add them to your favorite bands in your profile. Only 40 "fans" are shown in the band page, these are the fans with the most posts.
See, you're listed here
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
18.05.2010 - 03:06
vull

Perhaps, but i dont have a clue how Cavalera Conspiracy got there
----
' v '
18.05.2010 - 10:23
Ivan
Retired Admin
Written by vull on 18.05.2010 at 03:06

Perhaps, but i dont have a clue how Cavalera Conspiracy got there

You probably clicked on "+Fav" accidentally. Go to 'Edit profile', you can edit the list of your favorite bands there.