Metal Storm logo
Metsatöll - New Album In February, Two Songs Online

Official Nailboard Records press release:

"Throughout the ages it has been under way. Life has carried itself. Carried secrets in itself... Carried life through life. Ourselves among the bearers. Together we have come from the unknown and are heading... This path begins somewhere and it will lead on to somewhere... to the finite and the endless, in ourselves and in those who will follow... The thirst for life spurs one to heave the fertility stone... to blow life's sparks into a roaring flame, to find answers in oneself to the most primeval roots that fall speechless before our questions. To questions that rise swords and let them fall again, feel harsh fangs and blow warmth to frozen hearts. A human being's questions to life. And the answers scour wild expanses and the frozen high seas, and roam among people and the inner flame...

"Iivakivi" was performed and recorded by Lauri "Mida juua?!" Liivak and Metsatöll in "Forwards" studio, Tartu, November 10220. The sound was polished by Kristo Kotkas in ?Sinusoid" studio, December 10220. Release date 24. February 10221/2008."

"Iivakivi" [cover art image] tracklist:

01. Iivakivi [Listen]
02. Merehunt
03. Hetk Enne Lahingut
04. Sõjasarv
05. Veelind [Listen]
06. Isa Süda
07. Metsaviha
08. Rauast Sõnad
09. Va Lendva
10. Äikesepoeg

More about Metsatöll on http://www.myspace.com/metsatoll and http://www.metsatoll.ee.

Source: nailboard.org
Band profile: Metsatöll
Posted: 28.12.2007 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 10   Visited by: 30 users
28.12.2007 - 22:54
Vunts

Well, a good thing is that the songs are fairly different material from their older stuff, while still staying withing their genres boundaries. Improvement in my ears. At least they're not making identical releases like some other folk bands.

It's too early for me to give an opinion on the songs as they are, because preconceptions are still in my head. I need a few days at best if I want an impartial opinion!
29.12.2007 - 00:49
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
maybe someone should change their image - its a bit creepy...
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
29.12.2007 - 13:48
sn0

IMO the new song "Iivakivi" is a good song, but a bit long for my ears. The monotonous riffs are great for a while but when the fourth minute is closing I'm getting a bit bored of it. Nevertheless I'm very much looking forward to the new release and "Iivakivi" shows that something noteworthy is at hand.
29.12.2007 - 14:34
Tod_Engel

Metsatöll is getting better. Listened to these songs couple of days ago and they left quite a good expression. Those guys know what they are doing.
29.12.2007 - 16:46
HardSide

A band that I discovered through the old metalstorm radio...how I miss thee.
29.12.2007 - 20:54
Ernis
狼獾
I was already wondering if they were ever going to release anything new again...really heartwarming to know they have done so....Lol, Markus is still cool with his Tuomas Holopainen singing style...but we're already got used to it....the style doesn't sound bad...they're more like Mael Mórdha now...grand Celtic sound there...that's positive...but they do it better than Mael Mórdha in my opinion.....
01.02.2008 - 20:55
Yrg

METSATÖLL ´IIVAKIVI´ CD/LTD CD/LP pre-ordering!

METSATÖLL "Iivakivi" CD 10 EUR (from 15.03 11 EUR)

METSATÖLL "Iivakivi" CD in a wooden box (limited edition, 1000 pcs.) 20 EUR (from 15.03 23 EUR)

METSATÖLL "Iivakivi" gatefold LP (180g, gatefold, 500 pcs.) 16 EUR

Nailboard Records ship worldwide, and accept PayPal and major credit cards now!
So, you are hellcome: http://www.nailboard.org/
12.02.2008 - 00:42
Iceland_Norway

I love Veelind. it's a song who make dream me Estonia.

I wanna come back there for buying House for living there

Few hours ago I preorderd Iivakivi cd directly from the band official site.

and also I bought when I were in Tallinn last September in a shop under a subway/underground (you prefer) Hiiekoda cd of 2004. It's a marvelous band.

I'm not happy Italians distributors create difficulties to commercialize Metsatoll in my Whole Country.
----
Føroyar mítt land

Tú alfagra land mítt

Føroyar mín Móðir
26.02.2008 - 21:24
Ernis
狼獾
I bought the album t'day and I'm listening to it at the moment....it's the most IRISH album they've ever created....yes...we have defined the Estonian counterpart of Mael Mórdha now.....
27.02.2008 - 20:53
Vunts

Written by Ernis on 26.02.2008 at 21:24

I bought the album t'day and I'm listening to it at the moment....it's the most IRISH album they've ever created....yes...we have defined the Estonian counterpart of Mael Mórdha now.....

Thanks for this post. It made me go and check why I hadn't received my pre-ordered CD.
Wohoo, wrong address for the win. Excuse me while I kill myself.

Actually, can put away the noose. The post office still had the CD and I could get the paper from there to fill out, so...yay

Hits total: 3970 | This month: 6