Metal Storm logo
Månegarm

Original post

Posted by , 09.06.2006 - 00:50
I could say I'm surprised that such an excelent band still doesn't have its own thread, but it's not really all that surprising. I don't think there's any doubt in fact that Manegarm is one of the most underrated bands in the whole folk and viking metal scene.
For those who don't know them, Manegarm were formed in 1995, initially as a Black Metal band, with goal to play as fast and primitive metal as possible. Yet, starting with their third album (Dödsfärd), they switched into a more melodic form, taking the shape of a folk-influenced Viking Metal band. As far as similarities go, I think today they would be best described as something in-between Thyrfing and Ensiferum.

As I already insinuated, the music they play is excellent. Their songs are really varied and usually pretty heavy, while the atmosphere they build up, dark and epic. The vocals range from clear singing (here both male and female) to harsher forms and finally death growls.
Some songs can be downloaded from their website: http://www.manegarm.com/ (including a track from their latest album, which comes out at the end of this month).

Asides getting people to know about this band, I would also like to know what other Metalstormers think about them
12.02.2010 - 15:26
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Well neither me would probably buy their album, but anyway - "Nattväsen" is really great song
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

22.05.2013 - 16:34
Warman
Erotic Stains

Sounds like a return to the more harsh sound of "Havets vargar". Pretty good, but I would have prefered it to be in swedish.
----
21.12.2021 - 11:55
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Rock n’ Roll NEWS for 2022!! 🤘🏻😎🤘🏻
We will do three gigs in Sweden next year, including a release show (15/4) for our new album!!
Together with the amazing bands KVAEN and Zornheym we will create magic so come n’ join us friends!
15/4 Debaser, Stockholm (Official release show)
22/4 The Crypt, Linköping (Klubb Hellion)
23/4 Frimis, Örebro

----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing