Metal Storm logo
Favorite Morbid Angel Album

Original post

Posted by Dangerboner, 09.06.2006 - 02:49
My favorite is Covenant. It has some of my favorite songs- Rapture and Blood on my Hands. I also really like Angel of Disease because it stands out and has some great guitarwork. All Morbid Angel albums have a great atmosphere to them, but this is one of the more consistent releases.

Edit - nah, fav is Altars of Madness

Poll

Which one is your favorite?

Altars of Madness
Covenant
Blessed are the Sick
Domination
Gateways to Annihilation
Formulas Fatal to the Flesh
Heretic

Total votes: 189
01.07.2006 - 16:37
okt31
Account deleted
Written by Daru Jericho on 15.06.2006 at 18:07

Blessed Are The Sick, for me. It was the first Morbid Angel album I heard and so it sort of holds a special place for me. Also, 'Fall From Grace' is probably my favourite all time Morbid Angel song.

I agree word by word..
Also for the best song it would be a quartet like this: Immortal Rites, Fall from Grace, God of Emtiness and Where the Slime Live
03.07.2006 - 13:58
Sunioj

Ok ok.....Fine I give chuck the part about singing I forgot about that, Chuck can kick Treys but with coordination and brainpower for singing...but I like treys style of playing better, really tripped out work.
06.07.2006 - 14:46
lordz
IzZo
Written by Sunioj on 03.07.2006 at 13:58

Ok ok.....Fine I give chuck the part about singing I forgot about that, Chuck can kick Treys but with coordination and brainpower for singing...but I like treys style of playing better, really tripped out work.

you say tomato I say tomateo
WHat ever
BOth guys Rock
Cheers man

15.08.2006 - 02:29
Fimbulvetr
Account deleted
The four first albums of Morbid Angel are all masterpieces but my personal favourite is Blessed Are The Sick and then Domination. I don't know why and i really can't explain it not even to myself.
15.08.2006 - 04:19
Wo0dy
Account deleted
Altars Of Madness... god i love immortal rites..
15.08.2006 - 09:11
Thrash666

Altars Of Madness... death metal at its finest
----
LONG LIVE THASH!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. "Dimebag" Darrell Abott
Drink a "blacktooth" for Dimebag
15.08.2006 - 11:10
sanity_assasin
Account deleted
It's gotta be Alters Of Madness with songs like Immortal Rites and Maze of Torment pure fucking brilliance.
16.08.2006 - 21:27
Sunioj

I never really got into altars of madness, but then again I havent listened to it for along time, I remember liking immortal rites, suffocation, and chapel of ghouls alot...
02.12.2006 - 20:12
Megadeth88

Altar of Madness is my favorite Morbid Angel album. Immortal Rites, and Maze of Torment are incredible songs.
03.12.2006 - 02:57
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Damn, I can't believe I chose Covenant over Altars of Madness! I voted a while ago and since then I've drastically changed my mind. Covenant is badass to the max, but Altars is fierce. Chapel of Ghouls and Maze of Torment are my favorites...I love the blast beats in Maze of Torment and the chorus of Chapel of Ghouls.
08.12.2006 - 18:42
Mount Doom
Account deleted
Altars of Madness, and Blessed are the Sick!...And I voted For "Altars of Madness"..Becouse in between those two...That's the best one!.
08.12.2006 - 18:42
Mount Doom
Account deleted
Altars of Madness, and Blessed are the Sick!...And I voted For "Altars of Madness"..Becouse in between those two...That's the best one!.
02.02.2007 - 23:41
spirit_inblack
harshhead
I've come to respect this band a lot more than in the past and now I see why they are considered to be death metal gods. I finally got into the music. The best album is obviously one of the first three and out of those three, I'm going to choose Covenant, because of the songs Rapture, Angel Of Disease, and God Of Emptiness, which are all Morbid Angel classics. The album doesn't have as good of cover art as Blessed Are The Sick, and cover art means a lot to me, but in the end it's the music that counts, isn't it?
03.02.2007 - 01:37
Himann
Orm KrigGud
Well it was really between Alters of Madness and Blessed are the Sick. I went with Blessed are the Sick much to my surprise. Perhaps at a different time I may have just stuck to Alters of Madness instead.. Confusing..
----
To be Draped by the Shadow of your Morbid Palace. Ohh, Hate Living...The only heat is warm blood

So Pure... So Cold
Transilvanian Hunger
05.02.2007 - 07:14
Priest Of Hex
Account deleted
Altars Of Madness gets my vote. This was more frantic than their other releases, and has so much more aggression and attiitude in every part of the music.
05.02.2007 - 11:15
Eight
Shapeshifter
Had to choose between Blessed are the sick and Covenant, voted for first one. Best songs without daubt The Ancient Ones and Fall From Grace for meh.
----
Book: "I am a Shepherd. Folks like a man of God."

Mal: "No, they don't. Men of God make everyone feel guilty and judged."
05.02.2007 - 14:40
APOHAKC
The Bard
Blessed Are The Sick for me, many great songs and altough it is by many people worst Morbid Angel album I really like those guitar solos and vocal preferences on this album, maybe little bit different that other Morbid Angel albums, sound is little changed but everyting fits perfectly.
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
07.03.2007 - 16:59
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
Altars of madness for me... maybe because this is the first Morbid Angel album I listened to.
----
that which shines without names and forms...
07.03.2007 - 19:59
Sunioj

from top to bottom:
1. Covenant
2. Altars of Madness
3. Blessed are the sick
4. Formulas fatal to the flesh
5. Gateways to annihilation
6. Domination

Heretic? I havent listened to it thoroughly to make a consistent opinion.
08.03.2007 - 16:25
theflyingmachine

I said in another Morbid Angel thread that I preferred Domination to Blessed are the Sick...and I still do. I always thought that Blessed are the Sick sounds like a poor man's version of Domination, but given that it was made first, I can understand why people knock Domination...because it takes many of the same riffs from Blessed are the Sick.
10.03.2007 - 02:01
Stuff1056
Account deleted
My vote goes to Domination. It's slower and more atmospheric, and Vincent's voice has never sounded better.
11.03.2007 - 16:11
Anathemani@c

Written by Thrash666 on 15.08.2006 at 09:11

I tottally agree with you! However Blessed are the sick is another masterpiece for sure! And to tell the truth I never liked Covenant that much as many musicians say and call it bible of death metal...
----
Trapped in time
A miracle of hope and change
A swirling mass, no mercy now
If the truth hurts prepare for pain
......Do you think we 're forever???
12.03.2007 - 04:11
Thrash666

Written by Anathemani@c on 11.03.2007 at 16:11

Written by Thrash666 on 15.08.2006 at 09:11

I tottally agree with you! However Blessed are the sick is another masterpiece for sure! And to tell the truth I never liked Covenant that much as many musicians say and call it bible of death metal...

yea at the time i first wrote this i had just picked up altars of madness and it was my first morbid angel cd and i didnt really know 2 much about them. Now i have all of morbid angel's albums and i am obessed with morbid angel so now i kind of have a different look on this subject matter. i still love altars of madness and its death metal at its finest but i would agree that blessed are the sick is fuckin amazing and to be honest Formulas is my favorite morbid angel album. i like covenant but it isn't my favorite i just never really got into it like everyone else did. LONG LIVE MORBID ANGEL!!!!!!!!!!!
----
LONG LIVE THASH!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. "Dimebag" Darrell Abott
Drink a "blacktooth" for Dimebag
12.03.2007 - 21:24
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
I've found myself listening to "Domination" more lately and it's really grown on me, although "Covenant" is still my favorite.

I'm glad it found it's way back into my cd tray.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
26.07.2007 - 17:15
Infurnace

"Altars Of Madness" is my definite favorite, with "Covenant" and "Domination" following closely.

Altars Of Madness kicks ass, with tracks like "Immortal Rites", "Maze Of Torment" and "Chapel Of Ghouls".
12.01.2008 - 23:10
Cookies Upstairs
Account deleted
Why didn't you add "Entangled in Chaos"? It's my fav. album by them and after Saint Vitus' "Live" album, my all-time fav. live album in metal history.
13.01.2008 - 01:39
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I don't think live albums should count when comparing albums, no matter how good they are. As long as a live album has adequate production, it's always one of the band's better releases.
13.01.2008 - 21:01
Son of Odin

Blessed are the sick!
----
METAL UNITES US ALL!
26.02.2008 - 14:42
NOИ

I need to hear more from this band again, but I think it's too late now. anyways I will vote Blessed are the Sick.
11.03.2008 - 16:08
ABUSOR
Account deleted
Morbid Angel are an awesome all-rounded Death Metal band. Blessed Are The Sick is my personal fav. Altars is still a classic though. If anyone goes with any David Vincent albums then I can understand where your coming from, seeming as all his albums are excellent.. But lets face it Steve Tucker has nothing on David Vincent