Metal Storm logo
In Flames - Announce The Title Of The New Album

Today the Gothenburg band posted following message:

"We can now officially announce the title of the new In Flames album. The album is called "A Sense Of Purpose".
The mastering is done. The album is complete and ready to be released in April.

"We are extremely happy with the end result and so proud of what we have achieved with the new album and can't wait for you all to hear it." - In Flames

Source: inflames.com
Band profile: In Flames
Posted: 07.01.2008 by WinterChild

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 39   Visited by: 217 users
07.01.2008 - 17:54
Sheol

Great to see an update from these guys!
07.01.2008 - 18:02
_-Blackbird-_

Yeah! I hope this is gonna be good album
07.01.2008 - 18:08
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
If In Flames could go back to their old sound, much more respect would be granted to them. Honestly, their 3 latest albums just made me forget about them..
----
Any man can stand adversity, but to test his character give him power - A. Lincoln
07.01.2008 - 18:14
Infurnace

Hmm.. yeah, I really hope they will return to their old sound. The last few albums weren't really bad, but I didn't really like them either. An album like "The Jester Race" would be nice.
07.01.2008 - 18:55
ZombieDeath

really it is a good news
07.01.2008 - 19:55
=maD.Doc:.
Melodeath Master
Great news indeed! Nice title too! And to all of you wishing for them to return to their old sound, it ain't never gonna happen. They do new stuff all the time, it's a thing musicians do to not become bored. It's a very important thing to never do the same thing twice. In Flames still always will be In Flames. You need to broaden your view of metal, not always wanting everything the way it always was. Development ftw.
07.01.2008 - 20:18
selken
Irreligious
Great news, but like Reconciler said, the past sound remains in the past, I liked a lot their last albums cause they were my first albums besides power and heavy.
can't wait till april.
----
07.01.2008 - 20:24
b0000mst1ck

i don't know why, but that album title sounds emo...

either way, i'll probably still check this album out. i hate anders' clean vocals but i'm hoping they won't be as whiny this time around.
07.01.2008 - 21:21
Katatronik
Angel of Lust
Can't really wait! Hope in another great album, old style or Reroute to Remain style...
----

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear,
and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
Howard Phillips Lovecraft
07.01.2008 - 21:51
BloodTears
ANA-thema
I like the title but that doesnt mean ill like the music.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
07.01.2008 - 21:57
Sepulchre
Lord Hypnos
I can't wait to hear how lame this will be compared to their old stuff...
07.01.2008 - 21:59
RhaegarTargaryen
Telcontar
From the last 3 albums, I really like only one, there are some good songs, but thare are some medicore also. Whatever style this album is, I hope the quality of the songs will be much higher.
----
... For years I have traveled in coldness,
But my heart is warm as the darkened sun above me...
Nothing can never take away
What I've seen with these tired eyes
07.01.2008 - 22:09
Fane

Oh gosh... Their music is becoming all the time worse. Will this prove it to be false? I dont think so~ Well we'll see it then.
----
Coffee for power
Music for creativity
Sarcasm for fun
07.01.2008 - 22:09
Fane

Oh gosh... Their music is becoming all the time worse. Will this prove it to be false? I dont think so~ Well we'll see it then.
----
Coffee for power
Music for creativity
Sarcasm for fun
07.01.2008 - 22:54
mystic666

I can"t wait to hear the new album!!They have never let me down.
07.01.2008 - 23:50
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
seriously guys...do you really think In Flames will go to their own sound? Hell no...theyre too busy swimming in all their $$ and they know they might get more respect from older fans but I hardly think they think about that anymore. They just see cash in front of them and i doubt the record label will allow them to make anything that doesnt bring in the cash of the past 2 albums. (RTR is debatable, dont think they attracted as much $$ with that)
08.01.2008 - 00:33
foschino
Account deleted
Written by =maD.Doc:. on 07.01.2008 at 19:55

They do new stuff all the time, it's a thing musicians do to not become bored. It's a very important thing to never do the same thing twice.

In Flames do new stuff but each time more and more cheesy and poppy and fucking commercial to make a lot of money and to became fucking popular.
08.01.2008 - 01:44
Georges Gholam

Can't wait for the new album either they never let down their fans
08.01.2008 - 03:39
Mr.Wilson

i have checked their videos from the recordings...and i think it sounds really great and heavy..they also said that is back to the roots...anders even said there is not much singing in the record..but alot of screams..i think this one will be great...can't wait:)
----
"..Damned in any Language..."
08.01.2008 - 04:07
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
this is gonna be good, looking forward to it
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
08.01.2008 - 05:08
iaberis
Advice Troll
can't wait for that
----
Bitch! Please
08.01.2008 - 05:23
dancingdecember

hope the improvement with the last album continues with this one also.soundtrack was reaally bad.i can accept the old style or settle with the reroute sound.but not that soundtrack.hope it will be fun like all good in flames albums.i listen to them when i feel good and happy
----
i'm super, thanks for asking
08.01.2008 - 07:50
Blood Work
Account deleted
Looking forward to the album.....
08.01.2008 - 11:08
H-metal

Can't wait!
----
I listen to metal before you were even born...
08.01.2008 - 13:46
Piro

I'm not expecting much, because I didn't really like the last albums, but I will give it a listen, just to see whether or not I like iit.
----
<Philosophy>Insert Intelligent Sounding yet meaningless Philosophical Quote Here</Philosophy>
08.01.2008 - 17:34
Abattoir

No hope, it must be a good album, otherwise...hm, I don' know what to say
08.01.2008 - 17:49
Melodeath Master
Written by Guest on 08.01.2008 at 00:33

Written by =maD.Doc:. on 07.01.2008 at 19:55

They do new stuff all the time, it's a thing musicians do to not become bored. It's a very important thing to never do the same thing twice.

In Flames do new stuff but each time more and more cheesy and poppy and fucking commercial to make a lot of money and to became fucking popular.

Oh, you really think that? Then think again. It's very hard to do metal music to make money, something I've said a lot of times. There are no money to get in this kind of stuff that In Flames do. And their popularity they've really worked hard for, and off course musicans want to become popular through their music, but that's not why they choose to change their style, it's a natural development from the musicians. Trust me, I'm in this buisness. There are no bands that are serious that wants to make music for only a few selected people, they want to give to all who wants to listen to it. So stop bashing bands because they get famous, it only shows that you are jealous at them, it proves nothing more.
08.01.2008 - 17:52
Melodeath Master
Written by Guest on 07.01.2008 at 23:50

seriously guys...do you really think In Flames will go to their own sound? Hell no...theyre too busy swimming in all their $$ and they know they might get more respect from older fans but I hardly think they think about that anymore. They just see cash in front of them and i doubt the record label will allow them to make anything that doesnt bring in the cash of the past 2 albums. (RTR is debatable, dont think they attracted as much $$ with that)

The guys in In Flames dosn't make a lot of money, they make money so they can live, that's all. To pay their bills, and food. They earn money just to make a living. They aren't Black Sabbath or Iron Maiden or Metallica that has a lot of money, and gets a lot of money still. In Flames goes their own way, they do the music they want. Even I would be bored to hear the same stuff over and over again, and also to make the same stuff over and over again...
08.01.2008 - 19:39
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
Written by =maD.Doc:. on 08.01.2008 at 17:52

Written by Guest on 07.01.2008 at 23:50

The guys in In Flames dosn't make a lot of money, they make money so they can live, that's all. To pay their bills, and food. They earn money just to make a living. They aren't Black Sabbath or Iron Maiden or Metallica that has a lot of money, and gets a lot of money still. In Flames goes their own way, they do the music they want. Even I would be bored to hear the same stuff over and over again, and also to make the same stuff over and over again...

No need to quote me dude Im not the one hoping for a "return" I dont even like them...
08.01.2008 - 22:32
Warman
Erotic Stains
Cool title... but the music won't probably be that.
----

Hits total: 4467 | This month: 7